Getting hold of a license in India’s Pink City, Jaipur, Rajasthan is not difficult if you are aware of the rules and regulations. In Rajasthan, you can begin driving your two or four wheeler; you must obtain your ‘Learners License’ first and then move on to the ‘Permanent Driving License’ within six months of the first one. You can book your slot for getting a permanent driving license test within a month after getting your learners license. Separate processes are in place for the renewal of your license, applying for a lost one and getting hold of an international license.
- Eligibility for Getting a Driving License
- What is the Application Process For Driving License in Jaipur, Rajasthan?
- Documents Needed for Obtaining a Driving License in Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Applying for a duplicate driving license at the RTO
- International driving license in Jaipur
Eligibility for Getting a Driving License
- The applicant must be at least 18 years or above to being the process of applying for the permanent license. He /She must be fully aware of all the laws regarding driving a private vehicle.
- The first step is to apply for a Learner’s license.
- You can drive a gearless bike at the age of 16 and get a Learner’s license. However, to drive a car, you must be 18 at least.
- You must submit the application form after a minimum period of 30 days and within 180 days of the date of the issue mentioned on your Learner’s license.
- For driving a commercial vehicle, you must be at least 20 years old and already in possession of a Learner’s license.
- All applicants have to be fully aware of the traffic rules and regulations.
What is the Application Process For Driving License in Jaipur, Rajasthan?
While applying for a driving license in Jaipur, you will need to follow these steps for the procedure and complete all the requirements:
- You will have to visit the nearest RTO to collect the application form. Alternatively, you can also apply through your motor driving school.
- It is possible to download the application form from the official website and submit it online.
- You will have to fill in the following details:
- Full name
- Father’s Name
- Residential address
- Education qualification
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Blood group, and
- Identification mark
- You will have to submit other documents (example: passport sized photos, address proof, ID proof,).
- You will be provided a slot for your preliminary test after the submission of these documents mentioned above. The RTP officers will also check how well you know the traffic regulations, laws and road rules. You also need to appear in an online test for driving.
- A Learner’s license will be issued to you after you have passed the test.
- In the case of acquiring a permanent License, you require a working Learner’s license. You will have to apply after 30 days and within the next 180 days from the date of issuing a Learner’s license.
Documents Needed for Obtaining a Driving License in Jaipur, Rajasthan
- You will need Form No.4 (the driving license application form)
- Six passports sized photos
- Your residence proof along with the attested copy of any of the below-mentioned documents:
- Ration card or
- Voter’s ID or
- A certified copy of the Voter’s List or
- Passport or
- An LIC policy which is 6 months old along with the latest receipt or
- Age Proof along with any of the following:
- Educational certificate or
- Birth Certificate with your name or
- A Valid and Attested passport or
- A certificate from the employer if you are working with the Local Body / State Government / Central Government along with the attested copy of your Identity Card.
Applying for a duplicate driving license at the RTO
An applicant can also seek a duplicate driving license from any of the Transport Department offices in Rajasthan if the license has been stolen, damaged, or lost. You will need to give any of the below-mentioned documents while applying for a duplicate driving license:
- The application form
- The FIR/NCR number/ copy of the lost license
- A fitness certificate with self-attestation
- A fee of Rs 200/
- Your address proof, attested by a Notary Public or Gazetted Officer
The duplicate copy will be issued by RTO once the particulars are verified from your existing records.It takes a few days for verification. In the case of the loss of the license, you will need a special permit from the Transport Department headquarters IF more than six months have passed from the date of loss.
Application Process to Renew Your Driving License in Jaipur
In the case of renewal, the validity period is usually 20 years from issuing date of the license. However, if the license holder becomes 50 years of age before the said 20 years have expired, then it should be renewed when he/she reaches the age. For the renewal and replacement of it, you will require:
- Application Form No.9
- Two copies of the recent passport size photograph
- Medical Certificate if the applicant is above 40 years
- Your present driving license
- Age and residential proof
- All photocopies have to be attested by a Gazetted Officer or Notary.
- A fee of Rs.80/
- The particulars may not be verified if the department feels they are correct.
- The renewed license is usually handed over the very day
International driving license in Jaipur
It often happens that foreign nationals who are living in India, travel abroad or vice versa. In such cases, they may require a driving license which can be used internationally. The RTO also issues International Driving licenses in such cases.
- You will need to apply to the licensing authority in your area, along with the required documents. The validity period for such licenses is short, and you may have to retake the driving test if the period expires without your using the license. You will need to get used to rules like left-hand driving because in most international countries that are the norm while our cars are driven right hand.
- Indian Citizens can drive abroad with the International driving license for a maximum period of one year.
- Applicants must will have to go for a re-test if the license is issued within three months.
- The license must be issued for the country they intend to visit within the next one year.
- The amount of the fee for the International Driving license is Rs.1000/-.
The documents needed for getting an International Driving License are:
- Application Form for International Driving Permit
- Documents proving that you are an Indian National.
- Your existing driver’s license. The validity period should ideally be of more than one year from the application date. If the validity is less than a year, then you may have to take a fresh driving license.
- Address proof with an attested copy
- A valid passport which expires more than a year from the application date along with the attested copy
- You will also need a valid Visa.
- Five passport size photographs
- A medical certificate
- Payment of 1,000/
Offices You Can Visit for Obtaining Driving License
The offices where you can visit to get your driving license in Jaipur are:
- New RTO, Jagatpura, Jaipur, Rajasthan 303025
Phone: 095291 67368
- Regional Transport Office
Address: Jhalana Institutional Area, Jhalana Doongri, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004
Phone: 0141 271 1380
Hours: 10 AM–6 PM
- RTO Vidyadhar Nagar
Address: Central Spine Rd, Sector 2, Central Spine, Vidhyadhar Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302023
Phone: 1800 180 6127
Hours: 2–3:15 PM
Useful Tips for Clearing Your Driving Test
- Practice in advance so that you are confident of your driving skills.
- Arrive a little early for the test so that you can steady your nerves before the test.
- Don’t turn off the bike or car till it has stopped totally.
- The gears should be shifted smoothly.
- Use both side and rear mirrors while riding.
- While turning, show an indicator and hand signal.
- The Driving test should not last more than 15 mins.
- An RTO officer will be present to see how well you drive. While driving the car, he will sit beside you to check the movement of the clutch and gear.
Read informative Driving License articles at Acko.
Having a vehicle insurance policy helps protect against damages to your vehicle under various circumstances. Stay upto date with the latest Car Insurance Articles and Two Wheeler Insurance Articles here.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.