Are you looking to travel solo this year? But is your limited bank balance holding you back? Well, you can have a great trip on a small budget too. You just need to plan it out properly and you need a good travel insurance cover. Read on to know more.
Budget Tips for Solo Travellers
- Book in advance: Since you are traveling alone, you don’t have to wait for others to confirm their dates for the trip. Take advantage of this and plan your trip well in advance. Air tickets, hotel bookings, etc. done in advance cost less as compared to the last-minute fares. So, keep this in mind and plan ahead.
- Travel during the off season: Going to London during Christmas may cost you a bomb as that is the peak holiday season. Look to travel during the off season. Flights and hotels offer discounts at such times. You may also find discounts when you buy travel insurance online in a non-peak season.
- Get travel insurance: This is the most intelligent thing to do for anyone who is traveling. A travel insurance plan helps you save a lot of money in case of mishaps and keeps your budget in place. It compensates for many losses such as baggage losses, missed flights, hotel cancellations, etc. You would end up spending a lot of money if you don’t have an insurance cover in place.
- Get a travel card: Travel cards are easily available nowadays. These are prepaid cards that are accepted anywhere a credit or debit card is accepted. It is wise to use such a card rather than exchanging money all the time or using ATMs. You lose a lot of money because of the exchange rates. When you use your travel card, this is eliminated and you get to stick to your budget.
- Look for hostels or dormitories: Rather than booking a fancy hotel room, look to book a bed at a hostel or a dormitory. Such places are widely available and offer safe and enjoyable stays at a much lower cost.
- Look B&Bs: Always look to book your stay at a place that has free breakfast included in the deal. You will definitely save a lot of money on your meals, morning coffee, etc. When you buy a travel insurance India plan, just ensure your B&B stay is covered in the plan.
- Try the local food: You should look to try out the local street food, that usually is much cheaper than the global restaurant cuisine. Not only will you get to save money on your food expenses, you will also get to explore the local culture in this manner.
- Opt for walking tours: Free walking tours are available in many cities. This is a great and inexpensive way of sightseeing.
- Get public transport passes: Many big and tourist-friendly cities of the world have travel passes. You can buy daily passes and use those to pay for your bus/metro/tram rides. They turn out to be less expensive than individual fares.
- Pack light: Finally, remember to pack light. If you have big suitcases, you may end up paying for excess baggage, be forced to take taxis instead of busses, etc. and spend unnecessarily. Your travel insurance India plan may not cover such costs so you will be in for an extra loss in case of an unfortunate event.
The final word
Keep the above-mentioned points in mind and you will be able to have a memorable solo trip even when you are on a tight budget. Never make the mistake of traveling without travel insurance as that protects your finances in the most effective manner. Buy travel insurance online before you leave and enjoy your trip.
Read informative Travel Insurance Articles at Acko.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.