Imagine yourself enjoying the pristine beaches in Bali or building a snowman in the Swiss Alps. But, what if a medical emergency comes up. Who do you reach out to? How do you pay for the exorbitant hospital fees on the foreign land?
Unexpected expenses can turn a dream vacation into the worst nightmare. Medical emergencies, misplaced luggage, lost passport – the possibilities are endless. But there is one small gesture that can ensure that you have full support even in a foreign land. Travel Insurance.
Investing in a good travel insurance plan is a must these days. It covers the traveler against a host of unexpected and unforeseen circumstances. For senior citizens, it has even more important considering that it provides for medical support in times of emergencies. And in addition to financial assistance, it provides the much-needed peace of mind without which any holiday is incomplete.
Travel Insurance helps to ensure that you can leave all your worries at home when you are traveling abroad. Specialized travel insurance plans for the senior citizens help them procure travel medical insurance at minimal cost. With a wide network of travel insurance coverage, one can get good quality medical support without bothering about the expenses.
There are comprehensive plans which cover situations such as baggage loss, trip cancelation or delay, loss of passport, hijack, etc.
All you need to do is to reach out to the insurer’s helpline and tell them your requirement. With long-standing expertise and talented team, your insurer may be able to offer tailor-made travel insurance coverage plans for senior citizens.
Benefits Of Buying Travel Insurance For Senior Citizens
- No need for a medical test
- Simple application process – online as well as offline
- Minimal documentation involved
- An extensive network of hospitals across the world
- Cashless hospitalization facility
- Competitive rates
- Easy and cost-effective extension. You only pay for the number of days of trip extension.
- Round-the-clock customer service
What All Is Covered In A Travel Insurance For Senior Citizens?
Travel insurance plans ensure that you are protected from all angles. Insurers offer more than mere travel medical insurance. They provide the following services as part of our Senior citizen travel insurance plans. One can choose the offerings basis their need and budget.
- Medical expenses during the trip including evacuation back to India
- If hospitalization exceeds a specified period, travel expenses for a family member to the international location
- In case of death of the policyholder, expenses incurred for transportation of mortal remains to India, international burial or cremation.
- Compensation for disablement (permanent and temporary) or death
- Passport charges in case of loss
- Loss of checked-in luggage
- Expenses incurred in case of delay, cancelation or missing a flight.
- Special distress allowance in case of a hijack
- Third-party liability (in case of accidental damage or injury caused to another person)
- Evacuation and transportation back to India in case of political instability, riots or such other risks.
- Emergency cash advance up to a certain limit
Exclusions Of Travel Insurance Coverage
- Claims or expenses due to the following are not included in the scope of this travel insurance plan:
- Pre-existing illnesses
- Willfully Self-inflicted injuries including suicide
- Mental instability, anxiety or depression
- Alcohol or substance abuse
- Engaging in any illegal activities
- Sexually transmitted or venereal diseases
- Travel without medical advice or against the doctor’s orders
- Travel for the purpose of receiving treatment including cosmetic treatments
So, if you are a senior citizen planning an international trip or if you are gifting one to your parents, don’t forget that it is incomplete without the right travel insurance. Get the best travel insurance for senior citizens and enjoy the trip to the fullest!
Read informative Travel Insurance Articles at Acko.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.