Most of the times, traveling is fun. Planning for the trip well in advance gets you all excited and you get to keep on making an itinerary. This helps in keeping things on track and making your trip an organized experience. Amidst all the planning, some of us often tend to forget the single most important thing – travel insurance.
Buying the policy at the last moment might leave you exposed to perils. So when you book your transport and/or hotels, considering buying the travel insurance policy. Take a look at the following tips to buy a suitable travel insurance policy:
Tips to Buy Travel Insurance
- Opt for the online method: Few of the advantages of buying travel insurance online are convenience, discounts, and quick process. You do not have to depend on a third party to help you buy travel insurance online. You can simply visit your preferred insurer’s website and begin the process by yourself. This not only allows you to take an unbiased decision but you can buy travel insurance online with getting influenced by an insurance agent. Also, if you research a bit, you’ll understand that availing discounts and buying a cheaper policy, as compared to buying it offline, can also be done.
- Select a plan specific to the nature of your trip: Choosing a plan based on the nature of your trip will help you buy the most suitable travel insurance. This will help you to choose a specific cover and unnecessary coverage can be avoided. Here is how you can select travel insurance based on the nature of your trip:
- Traveling for Business
When you are traveling for business, the focus should be on coverage that protects your important documents and accessories like the laptop, cell phone, and other gadgets. You can also consider opting for an accident cover that will provide financial aid in case of medical emergencies. If you are covered with an extensive cover by your employer, you can go light on your travel insurance policy and avail the basic coverage that covers major incidents.
2.Going on a Vacation
A vacation may involve a lot of traveling from one place to another. You may even consider taking part in adventure sports. The aspects of your journey should reflect on your travel insurance policy. If you are planning to drive, you should focus on an all-around personal accident cover. While traveling with your family, you might carry a lot of luggage. Be sure to get a loss of baggage cover added to your plan. Delays and cancellations should also be considered while traveling in groups. For those who are keen on taking a part in adventure sports should get a corresponding coverage added to their travel insurance plan. Taking care of these things will ensure that your trip is a happy memory without a trace of a bad experience.
- How often will you be traveling? A travel insurance policy can be bought to cover either one trip or more than one. Thus, if you are planning a trip more than once, you can opt for a multi-trip plan. This will allow help you get all your trips covered by just buying one travel insurance policy. If not, you can buy a single trip travel insurance plan.
Exclusions of a Travel Insurance
Here are a few common travel insurance exclusions. Exclusions are conditions that are not covered under an insurance policy.
- Medical Emergencies related to Self-inflicted injuries: A medical coverage will not be provided for self-inflicted injuries. Such incidents include suicide.
- Traveling to avail medical treatment: You cannot get covered under travel insurance when you are traveling with an intention of availing medical treatment.
- Coverage for perils if advised against traveling: If your physician has advised you to avoid traveling, you will not be covered under a travel insurance plan.
- Bad weather conditions: A person traveling to a region with already bad weather conditions will not be covered for under travel insurance. However, if the conditions turn bad suddenly, you can file a claim for your losses.
A few simple logical decisions will help you buy a suitable plan that will also be affordable. Remember to compare travel insurance before finalizing on the policy. If you compare travel insurance, you get the chance to find an even better policy.
Read informative Travel Insurance Articles at Acko.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.