Andaman and Nicobar Islands comprises of more than 500 islands. They are situated at the meeting point of the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea. While the islands are famous for their history, the destination has now become a tourist hub for people across the globe. In this article, discover the list of Andaman and Nicobar public holidays in 2020 along with festivals and top things to do and see in Andaman.
- Andaman and Nicobar Public Holidays Calendar List 2020:
- Month Wise Public Holidays in Andaman and Nicobar 2020:
- Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During January 2020:
- Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During March 2020:
- Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During April 2020:
- Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During May 2020:
- Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During July 2020:
- Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During August 2020:
- Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During October 2020:
- Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During November 2020:
- Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During December 2020:
- Celebrations and Festivals in Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
- Top Things to Do and See in Andaman and Nicobar Island:
Andaman and Nicobar Public Holidays Calendar List 2020:
A vacation to the group of islands is a great way to spend your holidays as it offers a relaxed atmosphere to unwind. You can immerse yourself with adventure activities such as scuba diving, swimming with elephants, sea walking, etc. The island observes public and government holidays during 2020, below is the list of Andaman and Nicobar public holidays calendar list in 2020.
Month Wise Public Holidays in Andaman and Nicobar 2020:
Below is the list of public holidays for each month of the year:
Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During January 2020:
|Sunday||26 January||Republic Day|
Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During March 2020:
Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During April 2020:
|Thursday||2 April||Ram Navami|
|Friday||10 April||Good Friday|
Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During May 2020:
|Thursday||7 May||Buddha Purnima|
Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During July 2020:
Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During August 2020:
|Tuesday||11 August||Janmashtami (Smarta)|
|Saturday||15 August||Independence Day|
Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During October 2020:
|Friday||2 October||Gandhi Jayanti|
|Monday||26 October||Vijaya Dashami|
Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During November 2020:
|Monday||30 November||Guru Nanak Jayanti|
Public Holidays in Andaman Nicobar During December 2020:
Celebrations and Festivals in Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
Below are some of the festivals and celebrations observed in the Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
- Island Tourism Festival: To promote tourism in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the administration organises the Island Tourism festival to exhibit the art and culture of the islanders. Programmes include live music, cultural programmes by locals, kite flying competition, traditional sports, sammelans, etc.
- Kali Pooja: The festival falls during the month of Aswin of the Hindu calendar or during the months of October-November according to the Gregorian calendar. The festival celebrates the victory over evil. Goddess Kali is worshipped with pooja and artis by Hindus especially the Bengalis.
- Durga Pooja: Celebrated in the month of Ashweis of the Hindu calendar, Durga Pooja is observed for nine days paying homage to Goddess Durga.
- Deepavali: The biggest festival for Hindus, Deepavali is celebrated by Hindus across the world. The festival symbolises the victory of light over darkness.
- Ganesh Pooja: Also known as Vinayaga Chaturthi, celebrates the arrival of Lord Ganesh. Hindus across the globe install Ganesh idols at home or publicly and worship them.
- Holi: The festival of colours is celebrated across the country as well as in other parts of the world by Hindus. The festival is celebrated to spread happiness.
- Sri Mariamman Thiruvizha: One of the biggest festivals celebrated by Hindus of Goddess Arulmigu Sri Mariamman. The islanders celebrate the festival in honour of the Goddess who has been guarding the islands.
- Shiva Ratri: Shiva Ratri marks the consummation of the marriage of Lord Shiva and is an important festival for followers of Lord Shiva.
- Prakash Yatra: The festival is observed on Christmas eve by taking out a procession by Christians.
- Christmas: The most important and biggest festival observed by followers of Christ marking the birth of Lord Jesus Christ.
- Ramzan: The holy month observed by Muslims across the world during the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. Muslims offer prayers, observe fast, symbolising the first revelation to Mohammed.
- Eid Festivals: Several other Muslim festivals are observed by the islanders such as Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-al-Adha, etc.
Top Things to Do and See in Andaman and Nicobar Island:
Below are some of the things to do and see when you visit the Andaman and Nicobar islands:
- Island hopping
- Visit beaches
- Museum trail
- Visit the cellular jail (Kala Paani)
- Heritage tourism
- Adventure sports (scuba/water sports/snorkelling)
- Mangrove Creek safari
- Swim with elephants in Havelock Islands.
- Nature walks
- Explore limestone caves
- Bird watching
- Coral reefs
- Sea walking
- Exhibitions and festivals
Read informative General Insurance Articles at Acko.
Having a vehicle insurance policy helps protect against damages to your vehicle under various circumstances. Stay upto date with the latest Car Insurance Articles and Two Wheeler Insurance Articles here.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.