Similar to other north Indian states, Jharkhand comprises several towns and villages. The state is known for its mineral resources. Coal and iron ore are crucial to Jharkhand’s industry set-up. Apart from mining, Jharkhand’s economy is also dependent on agriculture. The cottage industry and Information technology industry also contribute to Jharkhand’s development.
The state’s banking system ensures that all transactions take place smoothly. However, there are times when banks are closed in the state. Read ahead to know more about bank holidays in Jharkhand.
Here are five important things you should know about bank holidays in Jharkhand for 2020.
- All Sundays are declared a part of Jharkhand’s bank holidays.
- The list of Jharkhand’s bank holidays for 2020 includes the second and fourth Saturdays of each month.
- Jharkhand’s bank holidays for 2020 are declared by the state government.
- List of bank holidays in Jharkhand is followed by the public banks as well as the private banks.
- Online banking facilities are operational during bank holidays in Jharkhand.
- Bank Holidays Calendar in Jharkhand:
- Bank holidays in Jharkhand during January:
- Bank holidays in Jharkhand during February:
- Bank holidays in Jharkhand during March:
- Bank holidays in Jharkhand during April:
- Bank holidays in Jharkhand during May:
- Bank holidays in Jharkhand during June:
- Bank holidays in Jharkhand during July:
- Bank holidays in Jharkhand during August:
- Bank holidays in Jharkhand during September:
- Bank holidays in Jharkhand during October:
- Bank holidays in Jharkhand during November:
- Bank holidays in Jharkhand during December:
- Top Places to Visit in Jharkhand:
Bank Holidays Calendar in Jharkhand:
Listed below are the days on which bank’s branch offices shall remain closed in Jharkhand. Note that the following table gives an overview and some of these dates might be subject to change. For details, you can visit Jharkhand’s government website.
Bank holidays in Jharkhand during January:
Bank holidays in Jharkhand during February:
Bank holidays in Jharkhand during March:
Bank holidays in Jharkhand during April:
|Tuesday||14-April||Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti|
Bank holidays in Jharkhand during May:
Bank holidays in Jharkhand during June:
Bank holidays in Jharkhand during July:
Bank holidays in Jharkhand during August:
Bank holidays in Jharkhand during September:
Bank holidays in Jharkhand during October:
|Friday||02-Oct||Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti|
Bank holidays in Jharkhand during November:
|Monday||30-Nov||Guru Nanak Jayanti|
Bank holidays in Jharkhand during December:
Note: This table applies to the entire state of Jharkhand including the following areas.
- Bokaro Steel City
Top Places to Visit in Jharkhand:
Do visit the following places if you are planning a trip to Jharkhand.
Ranchi: There’s more to Ranchi than being called as M. S. Dhoni’s hometown. It is the capital of Jharkhand and is known for its waterfalls. Jharkhand offers soothing views featuring mountains, hills and waterfalls. Bisra Zoological Park, Ranchi Lake, and Deer Park are its other attractions.
Jamshedpur: The city of Jamshedpur is synonymous with Tata Steel. It is Jharkhand’s largest city and is also referred to as Steel City. Jamshedpur is a well-planned city and is known for tourist spots like Dalma Hills, Jayanti Sarovar, and Bhuvaneshwari Temple.
Hazaribagh: If we break down the name of this city, we get ‘hazar’ and ‘bagh’; words that mean thousand and garden, respectively. Hazaribagh is known for its green cover and is a renowned wildlife tourism destination.
Giridih: Before 1972, Giridih was a part of Hazaribagh. Afterwards, it became a separate city known for its green hills. The city is a pilgrim site for the Jain community. Parasnath Hills, Harihar Dham, and Devari Temple are its major tourist sites.
Deoghar: This Jharkhand city is a well-known destination for religious tourism. It houses one of the 12 jyotirlingas – Baba Baidyanath temple. The city is also home to several Lord Shiva temples. You can visit Trikuta Hills, Shivganga, and Hathi Pahar in Deoghar.
Netarhat: Netarhat is a popular hill station in Jharkhand. It is frequented by tourists looking for a change from their hectic city life. It is a sought-after spot in the summer season. Do not miss the Magnolia Sunset Point and Ghaghri Falls in Netarhat.
Palamu: From a wildlife sanctuary to a fort, Palamu offers a lot to its visitors. It is a widely-visited spot in Jharkhand. History and culture enthusiasts will have a lot to cherish on visiting Palamu.
Read informative General Insurance Articles at Acko.
Having a vehicle insurance policy helps protect against damages to your vehicle under various circumstances. Stay upto date with the latest Car Insurance Articles and Two Wheeler Insurance Articles here.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.