Manipur is one of India’s amazing north-eastern states. The state connects India with Myanmar. As a result, it is an important trade route. Manipur’s economy is primarily driven by agriculture. Forestry, cottage industry and trading also contribute to Manipur’s economy. The north-eastern state is renowned for its handicraft products. Its banking industry plays a crucial role in facilitating transactions. However, there are days when banks have a holiday. Read ahead to know more about bank holidays in Manipur.
- Bank Holidays Calendar in Manipur 2020:
- Manipur’s Bank Holiday List:
- Bank holidays in Manipur during January:
- Bank holidays in Manipur during February:
- Bank holidays in Manipur during March:
- Bank holidays in Manipur during April:
- Bank holidays in Manipur during May:
- Bank holidays in Manipur during June:
- Bank holidays in Manipur during July:
- Bank holidays in Manipur during August:
- Bank holidays in Manipur during September:
- Bank holidays in Manipur during October:
- Bank holidays in Manipur during November:
- Bank holidays in Manipur during December:
- Popular Places to Visit in Manipur:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Bank Holidays Calendar in Manipur 2020:
Here are some points to know regarding Manipur’s bank holidays calendar for 2020.
- Banks in Manipur shall be closed on all Sundays.
- Second and fourth Saturdays of all months in a calendar year are declared as Manipur’s bank holidays.
- The list of Manipur’s bank holidays for 2020 is followed by public-sector banks and those belonging to the private sector as well.
- Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) and Internet Banking features shall be functional on bank holidays.
- The list of bank holidays in Manipur includes major religious festivals.
Manipur’s Bank Holiday List:
Listed below are the days on which banks in Manipur shall remain closed in 2020. Note that there might be minor changes in the list.
Bank holidays in Manipur during January:
|Wednesday||1-Jan||New Year’s Day|
Bank holidays in Manipur during February:
Bank holidays in Manipur during March:
Bank holidays in Manipur during April:
Bank holidays in Manipur during May:
Bank holidays in Manipur during June:
Bank holidays in Manipur during July:
Bank holidays in Manipur during August:
Bank holidays in Manipur during September:
Bank holidays in Manipur during October:
|Friday||02-Oct||Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti|
Bank holidays in Manipur during November:
Bank holidays in Manipur during December:
|Thursday||31-Dec||New Year’s Eve|
Note: The bank holidays list is for Manipur and its cities mentioned below.
- Mayang Imphal
Popular Places to Visit in Manipur:
Here are some top tourist spots to visit during your stay in Manipur.
Imphal: Manipur’s capital, Imphal is located amidst the state’s valley. It offers a scenic landscape for tourists. Imphal is at the centre of hills making it a popular tourist spot. Imphal is a famous for the Loktak Lake, Kangla Fort, and Zoological garden.
Ukhrul: This quaint town can be equated to the countryside towns in Europe. Ukhrul is ideal for those who love nature. The scenic city offers lots of hiking and trekking spots. You can also visit the Nillai Tea Estate, Kachou Phung Lake, and Hundung Mangva Cave.
Bishnupur: Bishnupur is home to several temples making it a pilgrimage site. People visit this part of Manipur for its natural beauty and religious significance. Some of the temples in Bishnupur are Jor Bangla temple, Panch Ratna temple and Radha Shyam temple.
Thoubal: Thoubal is another destination in Manipur that offers greenery and mountains. It also has several hiking spots. Thoubal is known for its lakes, namely Ikop lake, Waithu lake and Louis lake. You can also visit the Khongjom War memorial in Thoubal.
Tamenglong: People prefer to visit Tamenglong for its picturesque setting. One can expect waterfalls and lakes in this part of Manipur. Tamenglong is known for the Hornbill bird. Zeilad lake, Zeilad Wildlife Sanctuary, and Barak Waterfalls are its frequently-visited destinations.
Other: Some of the other spots that you can include in your tour plan are Churachandpur, Senapati, and Chandel.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A bank holiday in Manipur means that the majority of the bank’s branches in the state will remain closed on that day. The bank employees will have a holiday.
Yes, your debit card will work on Manipur’s bank holidays. You can use it to purchase goods and pay for services as usual.
Manipur’s banks are closed on the second Saturday and fourth Saturday of the month, not on all Saturdays.
Yes, you can transact using Internet Banking as per the terms and conditions on bank holidays.
Every Indian state has its list of bank holidays. Some holidays might be the same (example – Independence Day) while some might be different (example – Lui-Ngai-Ni) as compared to other Indian states.
Read informative General Insurance Articles at Acko.
Having a vehicle insurance policy helps protect against damages to your vehicle under various circumstances. Stay upto date with the latest Car Insurance Articles and Two Wheeler Insurance Articles here.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.