Manipur is a beautiful state located along India’s eastern border. The state shares its international border with Myanmar. Imphal is the state’s capital and Manipur’s official language is Meitei, which is also known as Manipuri. Along with the Meitei ethnic group, the state comprises several tribes such as the Nagas and the Kuki-Zo. Manipur’s offices are closed during its public holidays. Read ahead to know more about Manipur’s public holidays.
- Public Holidays Calendar in Manipur:
- Manipur Public Holidays 2021:
- Holidays in Manipur During January 2021
- Holidays in Manipur During February 2021
- Holidays in Manipur During March 2021
- Holidays in Manipur During April 2021
- Holidays in Manipur During May 2021
- Holidays in Manipur During June 2021
- Holidays in Manipur During July 2021
- Holidays in Manipur During August 2021
- Holidays in Manipur During September 2021
- Holidays in Manipur During October 2021
- Holidays in Manipur During November 2021
- Holidays in Manipur During December 2021
- Manipur Public Holidays 2020:
- Public Holidays in Manipur During January:
- Public Holidays in Manipur During February:
- Public Holidays in Manipur During March:
- Public Holidays in Manipur During April:
- Public Holidays in Manipur During May:
- Public Holidays in Manipur During August:
- Public Holidays in Manipur During October:
- Public Holidays in Manipur During November:
- Public Holidays in Manipur During December:
- Popular Festivals in Manipur:
Public Holidays Calendar in Manipur:
Here are some pointers you should know about Manipur’s general/public holidays Calendar.
- Major festivals, national days, and state-related occasions are a part of the list of holidays in Manipur for 2021.
- Public holidays in Manipur are not based on only one religion.
- Most of the government and private offices have a holiday during such days.
- The Manipur Public Holiday list for 2021 is announced by the state government.
Manipur Public Holidays 2021:
The General, Restricted, and Public holidays for 2021 are declared by the Government of Manipur on their website. Note that the holidays mentioned in the following table might be subject to changes.
Holidays in Manipur During January 2021
|Friday||1 January||New Year’s Day|
|Tuesday||26 January||Republic Day|
Holidays in Manipur During February 2021
Holidays in Manipur During March 2021
No public holidays in Manipur during March 2021.
Holidays in Manipur During April 2021
|Friday||2 April||Good Friday|
Holidays in Manipur During May 2021
|Saturday||1 May||May Day|
Holidays in Manipur During June 2021
No public holidays in Manipur during June 2021.
Holidays in Manipur During July 2021
|Tuesday||20 July||Bakrid / Eid al Adha|
Holidays in Manipur During August 2021
|Friday||13 August||Patriot’s Day|
|Sunday||15 August||Independence Day|
Holidays in Manipur During September 2021
No public holidays in Manipur during September 2021.
Holidays in Manipur During October 2021
|Saturday||2 October||Gandhi Jayanti|
|Wednesday||13 October||Maha Ashtami|
Holidays in Manipur During November 2021
Holidays in Manipur During December 2021
Manipur Public Holidays 2020:
Public Holidays in Manipur During January:
|Wednesday||1-Jan||New Year’s Day|
Public Holidays in Manipur During February:
Public Holidays in Manipur During March:
|Tuesday||10-Mar||Yaosang Second Day|
|Wednesday||25-Mar||Sajibu Nongmapanba (Cheiroaba)|
Public Holidays in Manipur During April:
|Monday||1-Apr||Yearly closing of bank accounts|
Public Holidays in Manipur During May:
Public Holidays in Manipur During August:
Public Holidays in Manipur During October:
|Saturday||17-Oct||Mera Chaoren Houba of Lainingthou Sanamahi|
Public Holidays in Manipur During November:
Public Holidays in Manipur During December:
Note: The above-stated list is for Manipur and its following cities.
- Mayang Imphal
Popular Festivals in Manipur:
Listed below are some of the famous festivals of Manipur. Try and plan your visit to coincide with these festivals to experience the cultural side of the state.
Gang-Ngai: This five-day festival is usually celebrated at the start/end of the calendar year. This festival is of great importance to the Kabui Nagas of Manipur. The festival caters to the young and old and entails singing, dancing, and a feast.
Lui-Ngai-Ni: Like several festivals across India, this Manipuri festival is also related to agriculture. Lui-Ngai-Ni is an event that celebrates seed-sowing. Singing, dancing, and social gathering are a part of the festivities that are held in February.
Yaosang: Yaosang is Manipur’s biggest festival and it lasts for five days. For some context, it is as big as Diwali. Yaosang is usually celebrated in February/March on a full moon day. It is famous for The Thabal Chongba – the famous Manipuri dance.
Cheiraoba: Cheiraoba is celebrated as the Manipuri new year. As with every new year celebrations, people clean their houses during this festival. They prepare special dishes and offer them to their deities. This festival is usually held in April.
Kang: This is Manipur’s Rath Yatra. It is similar to the famous Jagannath Yatra of Odisha. Here, the Lord’s vehicle is referred to as Kang, and is moved by the devotees.
Others: Other festivals of Manipur include Heikru Hitongba, Nigol Chak-kouba, Kut, and Chumpha. Ramzan Eid, Diwali and Christmas are also celebrated in Manipur along with the tribal festivals.
Read informative General Insurance Articles at Acko.
Having a vehicle insurance policy helps protect against damages to your vehicle under various circumstances. Stay upto date with the latest Car Insurance Articles and Two Wheeler Insurance Articles here.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.