Mizoram is a wonderful state located in the north-eastern part of India. As the state shares its border with Bangladesh and Myanmar, it is important from a trading point of view. Majority of Mizoram’s population is employed in the agriculture sector followed by handloom and horticulture industries.
Banking ensures that the transactions take place smoothly and all stakeholders continue to function optimally. However, bank employees also need a break and there are days when banks in Mizoram are closed. These are known as Mizoram’s bank holidays. Read ahead to know more about bank holidays in Mizoram.
- Bank Holidays Calendar in Mizoram 2020:
- List of Bank Holidays in Mizoram:
- Bank holidays in Mizoram during January:
- Bank holidays in Mizoram during February:
- Bank holidays in Mizoram during March:
- Bank holidays in Mizoram during April:
- Bank holidays in Mizoram during May:
- Bank holidays in Mizoram during June:
- Bank holidays in Mizoram during July:
- Bank holidays in Mizoram during August:
- Bank holidays in Mizoram during September:
- Bank holidays in Mizoram during October:
- Bank holidays in Mizoram during November:
- Bank holidays in Mizoram during December:
- Popular Places to Visit in Mizoram:
Bank Holidays Calendar in Mizoram 2020:
Here are some important points to know regarding Mizoram’s bank holidays calendar for 2020.
- Bank’s branches are closed on Sundays.
- Banks’ branches are closed on every month’s 2nd and 4th Saturdays.
- Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) will not be closed during bank holidays.
- Internet banking and mobile banking features will not be hampered due to bank holidays.
- List of Mizoram’s bank holidays for 2020 is made up of religious festivals, state-specific days, and national events.
List of Bank Holidays in Mizoram:
Go through the following table to know about bank holidays in Mizoram. Some dates mentioned below might be subject to change.
Bank holidays in Mizoram during January:
|Wednesday||1-Jan||New Year’s Day|
|Thursday||2-Jan||New Year Holiday|
Bank holidays in Mizoram during February:
Bank holidays in Mizoram during March:
Bank holidays in Mizoram during April:
Bank holidays in Mizoram during May:
Bank holidays in Mizoram during June:
|Monday||15-Jun||Young Mizo Association Day|
Bank holidays in Mizoram during July:
|Monday||6-Jul||Mizo Hmeichhe Insuihkhawm Pawl Day|
Bank holidays in Mizoram during August:
Bank holidays in Mizoram during September:
Bank holidays in Mizoram during October:
|Friday||02-Oct||Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti|
Bank holidays in Mizoram during November:
Bank holidays in Mizoram during December:
Note: This list of bank holidays is for Mizoram and its major cities that are stated below.
- North Vanlaiphai
Popular Places to Visit in Mizoram:
Here’s a list of prominent tourist spots in Mizoram.
Aizawl: Aizawl city is Mizoram’s capital and is known as the Home of the Highlanders. It is also the state’s largest city. The city is famous for nature tourism and offers great cultural insights into the lives of the people living in Mizoram.
Champhai: You can find ancient relics and monuments at Champhai. This city is based on an altitude of 1678 m and is referred to as the Fruit Bowl of Mizoram. Make sure to visit the Murlen National Park and Lengteng Wildlife Sanctuary in Champhai.
Lunglei: Mizoram’s Lunglei offers scenic views that will stay in your memory for a long time. If you are ready to spend some money, you can get a helicopter ride from Aizawl to Lunglei. Do visit the Bridge of Rock and one of the wildlife sanctuaries of this city.
Serchhip: If you are someone who loves mountains and waterfalls, a trip to Serchhip will be ideal for you. You can visit Vantawng Waterfalls, Thenzawl Deer Park, and the Mizor Handloom Industry in Serchhip.
Lawngtlai: You can visit Lawngtlai for a relaxing vacation. This place is home to Lohawka, Sinemon, and Ngengpui Wildlife Sanctuaries.
Read informative General Insurance Articles at Acko.
Having a vehicle insurance policy helps protect against damages to your vehicle under various circumstances. Stay upto date with the latest Car Insurance Articles and Two Wheeler Insurance Articles here.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.