The transportation system for humans has evolved over the years. From the humble bullock cart, transportation has improved in leaps and bounds with the advent of the motor vehicle. To regulate the transportation system in the country, Regional Transport Offices (RTOs) were set up to overlook various tasks in issuing legal documents to drive or ply a motor vehicle on public roads. If you want to ride or drive a motor vehicle, you need to obtain a driving licence and to drive a vehicle on public roads, you need to register the vehicle at RTO offices in Bhubaneshwar. There are several rules and regulations under the Motor Vehicles Act that the RTO enforces on motorists who would want to use vehicles to travel to different places.
RTOs in Bhubaneshwar are the local RTO offices in the city which offer services such as granting Driving Licences (DL) which include the Learner’s Licence (LL) as well as International Driving Permit (IDP). Also, it registers both private and commercial vehicles within its jurisdiction. You can approach the RTO office in Bhubaneshwar to avail these services by paying the prescribed fees. Read on to learn about the functions of the Bhubaneswar RTO and its contact details.
- Bhubaneswar RTO Code: Office Address & Contact Number
- Bhubaneswar RTO, Odisha OD-02: Contact Number
- RTO Fees in Bhubaneswar:
- Functions of Bhubaneswar RTO:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Bhubaneswar RTO Code: Office Address & Contact Number
Whether you want to apply for a driving licence or register a vehicle in Bhubaneswar, you need to approach the RTO office in Bhubaneswar. The registration number issued by the RTO will include the respective state and the RTO code. In Bhubaneswar, the code is OD-02 denoting the state of Odisha and ‘02’ represents the code of the Bhubaneswar RTO. Below are the contact details of the Bhubaneswar RTO:
Bhubaneswar RTO, Odisha OD-02: Contact Number
Below are the contact details of RTO in Bhubaneswar:
|Office Address||Regional Transport Office (RTO) Bhubaneswar, Bhoinagar Basti, Acharya Vihar, Near Maharaja Cinema Hall, Bhoi Nagar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha – 751022|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Office Timings||10 AM – 5 PM|
RTO Fees in Bhubaneswar:
For providing services such as the issuance of driving licences, permits for transport vehicles, registration of new and used vehicles, issuance of fitness certificates, among others, the RTO office in Bhubaneswar charges a nominal fee to carry out the tasks. Below is a table which lists the RTO charges in Bhubaneswar.
Driving Licence Fees
Below are the RTO fees for obtaining or renewing documents related to driving licences in Bhubaneswar RTOs:
|Types of Services||Fee (Rs.)|
|Grant or issue Learner’s Licence (LL) for a different class of vehicles||150|
|Conduct test and repeat test for LL||50|
|LL repeat test for different classes of vehicles||300|
|Issuance of Permanent Driving Licence (DL)||200|
|Permanent DL renewal||200|
|Driving licence renewal (Post grace period)||300 (1,000 for each additional year)|
|Addition of a new class of vehicle in the DL||500|
|International Driving Licence/International Driving Permit (IDP)||1,000|
|Change is the residence address||200|
Bhubaneswar RTO Registration Charges
Below are the fees for the registration of vehicles in Bhubaneswar RTO:
|Type of Vehicle||Fees in Rs. (Issue/Renewal)|
|Four-wheeled/three-wheeled/quadricycle vehicles (Private)||600|
|Four-wheeled/three-wheeled/quadricycle vehicles (Transport)||1000|
|Heavy goods carrier||1500|
|Heavy passenger vehicle||1500|
|Medium goods carrier||1000|
|Medium passenger vehicle||1000|
|Issuance of duplicate RC||50% of the above-mentioned fees|
|Transfer ownership of vehicles|
|Change in the residential address in the RC|
|Alterations in the RC|
|Endorsement of lease/hire purchase/hypothecation||Bikes/motorcycles/two-wheelers - 500|
|Quadricycle/four-wheeled/three-wheeled vehicles - 1,500|
|Medium or Heavy vehicles - 3,000|
Fitness Certificate (FC) Charges
Below are the fees for the issuance/renewal of Certificate of Fitness in RTO Bhubaneswar for vehicles:
|Type of Service||Fee (Rs.)|
|Conducting test (Issue/renewal)||Bikes/two-wheelers/scooters: Automated – 400; Manual – 200|
Three-Wheeled/Quadricycle/Four-Wheeled vehicles: Automated – 600; Manual – 400
Medium or Heavy vehicles: Automated – 1,000; Manual – 600
|Grant or renewal of FC||200 (Additional 50 as late fees for each additional day from the date of expiry)|
|Issuance or renewal of Letter of Authority (LoA)||15,000|
|Issuance of duplicate LoA||7,500|
Permit Charges (Commercial Vehicles)
Following are the permit fees in RTO office in Bhubaneswar:
|Types of Vehicle||Permit Fee (INR)|
|Countersignature for goods vehicle||350|
|National Permit + Authorisation||350 + 500|
|Temporary Permit (Goods vehicles)||100|
|Special Permit (Passenger vehicles)||100|
|School/Educational institution buses||350|
|Private Service Vehicles (PSV)||350|
Also, read: RTO New Vehicle Registration Process
Functions of Bhubaneswar RTO:
RTO office in Bhubaneswar is the go-to department to register your vehicle or obtain a driving licence to ride a vehicle legally in the country. Apart from issuing RTO related documents, the office is also involved in other tasks such as the collection of road taxes, conducting driving tests, issuance of licences to motor driving schools and pollution testing centres. Below are the main functions of the RTO office in Bhubaneswar:
- Granting Registration Certificate (RC): The RTO issues RCs for private and commercial/transport vehicles within its jurisdiction. This also includes renewal of RC and any alterations to the RC.
- Transfer Vehicle Ownership: The RTO in Bhubaneswar facilitates the change in ownership by registering the vehicle in the new owner’s name.
- Issuance of Duplicate RC: In case your RC is lost or damaged, you can obtain a duplicate RC from the Bhubaneswar RTO. Pay the required fees and submit the relevant documents to the RTO to issue a duplicate RC.
- Alter the Residential Address: In case you want to change the address mentioned on the RC, you can approach the RTO with relevant documents confirming the change in address. Pay the prescribed fees and get the address changed.
- Issuance of No Objection Certificate (NOC): In case you would like to move from Bhubaneswar and reside in a different district of a city, then you need to register the vehicle at the new RTO. For this, you need a NOC from the current RTO to transfer the registration to the new RTO.
- Grant Trade Certificates: For new vehicles which are yet to be sold by the car dealer, a trade certificate is issued before the vehicle can be sold.
- Issuance of Duplicate Trade Certificate: In case of loss or if the trade certificate is damaged, you can get a duplicate TC from the RTO.
- Grant Fitness Certificate: You can approach the RTO to issue or renew the fitness certificate for your vehicle by paying the related fees. The RTO will inspect the vehicle roadworthiness before issuing the FC.
- Endorsing Hypothecation: The RTO office in Bhubaneswar endorses hypothecation of lease/hire purchase or bank loans on the RC.
- Approval of Permits: For permits to transport goods or passengers, commercial vehicles should hold the respective permits. This can be a national permit or a local/regular permit. You can approach the Bhubaneswar RTO to grant permits for commercial vehicles.
- Collection of Road Taxes: To drive a car or ride a motorcycle on public roads, the RTO collects road taxes.
Also, read: NOC for Car
- Issuance of Learner’s Licence (LL)/Driving Licence (DL): To ride or drive a motor vehicle in India, you must hold a permanent driving licence. To obtain the DL, you can approach the RTO to issue the Learner’s Licence (LL) before you can apply for the DL.
- Grant Change of Address: In case you have changed your place of residence, you can approach the RTO to make necessary changes on the driving licence.
- Grant Duplicate Driving Licence: In case your driving licence is lost or damaged, you can approach the RTO to issue a duplicate document for the same.
- Conducting Driving Tests: For the RTO to grant a DL, the applicant must clear the driving test conducted by the RTO. The Motor Vehicle Inspector will grant the DL after you pass the driving test as prescribed by the RTO.
Frequently Asked Questions:
RTO services might seem complex and the terms might be difficult to understand. Here are some of the frequently asked questions about various functions of the RTO for your reference:
In India, applicants should be at least 16 years of age to apply for a LL. Also, the applicant is allowed to ride a motorcycle powered by an engine of not more than 50cc. For vehicles powered by more than 50cc, the age limit to apply for a LL is 18 years. This is also the criteria to obtain a LL for Light Motor Vehicles (LMVs) such as cars.
Yes, you can get an appointment for a LL or DL online through the government’s web portal.
Below are the mandatory documents required while applying for a driving licence:
>Valid Learner’s Licence (LL) is at least 30 days old.
>Passport size photographs.
If your RC is damaged or lost, you can apply for a duplicate RC from the RTO after paying the required fees and submitting the required documents.
Yes, you can approach the RTO in Bhubaneswar to get the address changed on the RC after paying the prescribed fees and submitting relevant documents.
Other Popular RTO Offices in India:
|RTO Offices in Chennai||RTO Offices in Bengaluru|
|RTO Offices in Hyderabad||RTO Offices in Mumbai|
|RTO Offices in Delhi||RTO Offices in Ahmedabad|
|RTO Offices in Pune||RTO Offices in Kolkata|
- How to Apply for an International Driving License
- The Significance of RTO for a Car Owner
- How to Get Temporary Vehicle Registration Number
Read informative RTO Articles at Acko.
Having a vehicle insurance policy helps protect against damages to your vehicle under various circumstances. Stay upto date with the latest Car Insurance Articles and Two Wheeler Insurance Articles here.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.