To help regulate the transport system in the country, Regional Transport Offices (RTOs) were set up across India under the Motor Vehicles Act. The RTO executes the provisions under the said Act by granting legal documents such as driving licence, registration certificate, permits, fitness certificates and other transport-related activities. RTO offices in Mysore (Mysuru) issue these legal documents to Indian citizens to permit them to use motor vehicles on public roads. Apart from issuing these documents, RTOs conduct inspections at various strategic check-posts and collect the required road tax within its jurisdiction.
RTO Mysore also issue registration certificates, fitness certificates for new and used vehicles as well as driver-related documents such as Learner’s Licence, Driving Licence and International Driving Permit. People living in Mysore can approach the Mysore RTO office to register their vehicles, obtain permits for their transport vehicles or apply for a permanent driving licence. Read on to learn about the functions of RTO in Mysore, its contact details and services available through the RTO.
- Mysore RTO Code: Office Address & Contact Number
- RTO Fees in Mysore:
- Functions of Mysore RTO:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Mysore RTO Code: Office Address & Contact Number
To register your car or bike in Mysore, you need the RTO office in Mysore to provide a number exclusive or unique to your vehicle. To denote that the vehicle is registered at the Mysore RTO, a number unique to the RTO is issued. This is code known as RTO code. The code includes the state to which the RTO belongs and a number denoting the respective RTO. In the case of Mysore RTO, the state code is ‘KA’ and the local RTO code is ‘09’ for the Mysore West RTO and ‘55’ for the Mysore East RTO. You can approach the RTOs in Mysore to obtain LLs, DLs, RCs, Permits and Fitness Certificates. Below is the code of Mysore RTO and its contact details:
Chamarajapuram RTO, Mysore West KA-09: Contact Number
Below are the contact details of RTO in Chamarajapuram in Mysore district:
|Office Address||Deputy Commissioner for Transport and Senior RTO, Mysore West, Karnataka – 570005|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Office Timings||10 AM – 5 PM|
Hanchya RTO, Mysore East KA-55: Contact Number
Below are the contact details of RTO in Hanchya in Mysore district:
|Office Address||Regional Transport Office (RTO), Mysore East, Triveni Circle, Dr Rajkumar Road, Mysore, Karnataka – 570019|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Office Timings||10 AM – 5 PM|
RTO Fees in Mysore:
Following are the RTO fees levied for driver and vehicle-related documents by the RTOs in Mysore:
Driving Licence Fees
Below are the fees for applying/renewing of documents related to driving licence in Mysore RTOs:
|Learner’s Licence (LL) for each class of vehicles||150|
|LL test and repeat test||50|
|Repeat test for each class of vehicles (LL)||300|
|Grant of Permanent Driving Licence||200|
|Renewal of permanent DL||200|
|Renewal of driving licence (after the grace period)||300 (1,000 for each additional year)|
|Inclusion of another class of vehicle in the DL||500|
|Issuance of International Driving Licence/International Driving Permit (IDP)||1,000|
|Address change in DL||200|
|Smart card for DL||200|
Mysore RTO Registration Charges
Below are the fees for the registration of private and commercial vehicles in Mysore RTO:
|Vehicle||Fees in Rs. (Issue/Renewal)|
|Four-wheeler/three-wheeler/quadricycle registration (Private)||600|
|Four-wheeler/three-wheeler/quadricycle registration (Transport)||1000|
|Heavy goods vehicles||1500|
|Heavy passenger vehicles||1500|
|Medium goods vehicles||1000|
|Medium passenger vehicles||1000|
|Other than the above||3000|
|Issue of duplicate RC||Half of the above-mentioned fees|
|Address change in the RC|
|Alterations/changes in the RC|
|Endorsement of lease/hire purchase/hypothecation||Bikes - 500|
|Quadricycle/four-wheeler/three-wheelers - 1,500|
|Medium or Heavy vehicles - 3,000|
Fitness Certificate (FC) Charges
Below are the RTO fees for the grant/renewal of Certificate of Fitness in Mysore RTO for private and transport vehicles:
|Type of Service||Fee (Rs.)|
|Test (Issue and renewal)||Bikes: Manual – 200; Automated – 400)|
Three-Wheelers/Quadricycles/Four-Wheelers: Manual – 400; Automated – 600
Medium or Heavy vehicles: Manual – 600; Automated – 1,000
|Issue/renew FC||200 (Additional 50 as a late fee for each extra day from the date of expiry)|
|Grant/renewal of Letter of Authority (LoA)||15,000|
|Issue duplicate LoA||7,500|
Permit Charges (Commercial Vehicles)
Following are the RTO permit fees in Mysore:
|Vehicle||Regular Permit Fee (Rs.)|
|Countersignature for goods carrier/carriage||350|
|National Permit||350 + 500 for Authorisation|
|Temporary Permit (Goods carrier/carriage)||100|
|Special Permit (Passenger)||100|
|Educational institution bus||350|
|Private Service Vehicles (PSV)||350|
Also, read: RTO New Vehicle Registration Process
Functions of Mysore RTO:
Primarily, the Mysore RTO is the go-to department if you want to apply for a driving licence or registration of vehicles. However, the RTO is also engaged in several other activities. Apart from granting licences, RTOs across the country also collect road tax, inspect vehicles at strategic check-posts and levy fees for the services provided. The main functions of the Regional Transport Offices in Mysore, Karnataka are:
- Registration Certificate (RC): The RTO issues new registration certificates for private and transport vehicles to drive the vehicles legally in India.
- Ownership Transfer: The Mysore RTO office issues a new registration certificate (RC) for transfer of ownership of private and transport vehicles.
- Duplicate RC: In case of loss or missing registration certificate, the RTO grants a duplicate registration certificate after submitting the required documents.
- Change of Address: In case you have moved from your current location and would like to change the address in the RC, you can approach the local RTO with relevant documents to change the address.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC): The RTO in Mysore can be approached to apply for a NOC for private and transport vehicles to register the vehicle in another RTO.
- Trade Certificates: The RTO issues trade certificates to vehicles which are yet to be sold by the car dealer.
- Duplicate Trade Certificate: The RTO office in Mysore issues duplicate trade certificates in case of loss.
- Fitness Certificate (FC): For both new and used vehicles, the RTO issues Fitness Certificates and renews them as well.
- Endorsement of Hypothecation: Whether you want to endorse your vehicle for a hypothecation/lease/hire purchase, you can approach the local RTO to make the required changes in the RC.
- Permits: The RTO issues and renews national and local permits to commercial or passenger vehicles.
- Diplomatic Vehicles: The RTO also takes care of services related to diplomatic vehicles in the country.
- Road Tax: To ply your vehicle on public roads, you need to pay road tax to the RTO. The local RTO is responsible to collect road taxes.
Also, read: No Objection Certificate for Bike
- Learner’s Licence/Driving Licence (LL/DL): To obtain a permanent driving licence or to apply for a learner’s licence you can approach the Mysore RTO. Also, you can renew the DL in the RTO as well.
- Address Change: If you have changed your residence, you can make the required changes in your DL. Approach the RTO and they will get the address changed in your DL.
- Duplicate Driving Licence or Learner’s Licence: If you have lost your driving licence or the DL is damaged, you can approach the RTO to issue a duplicate DL or LL.
- Driving Tests: The Motor Vehicle Inspector attached to the local RTO will conduct driving tests before a permanent driving licence can be granted by the RTO.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here are some of the frequently asked queries about the functions of the Regional Transport Office (RTO):
To obtain a Learner’s Licence, the applicant should be at least 16 years of age to ride a two-wheeler powered by not more than 50cc. You can go through the procedure to apply for a LL through the Karnataka Transport Department web portal.
Yes, you can apply online for a Driving Licence to ride or drive a vehicle in Mysore as well as across India. The Central Government has launched a web portal which is a central database of driver and vehicle-related records. However, you need to hold a valid LL to be eligible to obtain a DL.
Visit the local Mysore RTO offices or apply online for a permanent DL. You need to hold a valid learner’s licence, which is at least 30 days old to apply for a driving licence. Along with the LL, you need to submit three passport size photographs.
Once you clear the driving test held by the RTO, the permanent DL will be sent by speed post to your registered mailing address.
There is a grace period of 30 days from the date of expiry to renew your driving licence; however, if you are renewing it after the grace period, you will have to pay the required late fee and renew the DL. If the licence has expired for more than 5 years, you may have to appear for a retest.
A medical certificate needs to be produced by applicants who are 50 years of age. This is also the requirement for those applying for a commercial driving licence in India.
Yes, you can track the car owner’s details through the registration number of the vehicle. The Central Government has launched Parivahan, through which you can track the details of the owner and the vehicle such as chassis number, engine number, owner’s name, etc.
For a new private vehicle, the fitness certificate is valid for a period of 15 years. After that, you need to renew it every 5 years. However, for a new commercial or transport vehicle, the fitness certificate is valid for a period of 2 years and after that, you need to renew it every year.
For a new transport or a commercial car, the following are the mandatory documents required to obtain the fitness certificate:
>Application (Form 20)
>Sales Certificate (Form 21)
>Valid and active car insurance policy
>Temporary registration number, if any
>Letter of Authority (Transport vehicles)
>Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
>Roadworthy Certificate (Form 22)
>Fee Receipt for the Fitness Certificate.
For a new private car, below is the set of documents required to obtain an FC:
>Application (Form 25)
>Registration Certificate (RC)
>Proof of Road Tax Clearance
>Receipt of the Fee Paid
Other Popular RTO Offices in India:
|RTO Offices in Chennai||RTO Offices in Bengaluru|
|RTO Offices in Hyderabad||RTO Offices in Mumbai|
|RTO Offices in Delhi||RTO Offices in Ahmedabad|
|RTO Offices in Pune||RTO Offices in Kolkata|
- How to Apply for an International Driving License
- The Significance of RTO for a Car Owner
- How to Get Temporary Vehicle Registration Number
Read informative RTO Articles at Acko.
Having a vehicle insurance policy helps protect against damages to your vehicle under various circumstances. Stay upto date with the latest Car Insurance Articles and Two Wheeler Insurance Articles here.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.