The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has mandated all toll fees will be accepted digitally through FASTags alone. The transport ministry has approved 22 certified banks to issue and manage the Radio-frequency ID (RFID) enabled tags. One of the certified banks authorized to issue and manage FASTags is ICICI Bank. Read on to find out how to apply for an ICICI FASTag, its fees and how to recharge online.
- ICICI FASTag Online Application Process:
- Get FASTag from ICICI Bank via SMS, Call, POS and Mobile App:
- Fees and Charges:
- Documents Required:
- ICICI FASTag Online Recharge:
- Benefits of ICICI Bank FASTag:
- List of ICICI Bank Active Toll Plazas:
- ICICI FASTag Offers:
- Customer Care for ICICI FASTag:
- FAQs about ICICI Bank FASTags:
ICICI FASTag Online Application Process:
Both customers and non-customers of ICICI Bank can apply for FASTag online. The entire process to apply for an FASTag account is simple and easy. Applicants are required to fill the online application form and upload supporting documents on the ICICI customer web portal. Alternatively, you can also visit any of the ICICI Bank’s branches to apply for the ICICI FASTags.
Steps to Apply FASTag Through ICICI Bank:
Here are the steps to apply ICICI FASTag online:
Step 1: Visit the home page of ICICI Bank and search for FASTag through the Search Window.
Step 2: On this page, select “Apply Now”.
Step 3: Enter your personal details (name, address, mobile number, date of birth, email ID), and select the type of ID proof and upload a photo of the ID Proof.
Step 4: Click on “Continue”.
Step 5: On the new page, click on “Confirm Application” and pay the required fees depending on the class of your vehicle.
Once ICICI Bank verifies your application, the FASTag will be delivered to your ‘Dispatch Address’.
Get FASTag from ICICI Bank via SMS, Call, POS and Mobile App:
Apart from the option to buy ICICI FASTag online, the bank offers various other channels to apply for a FASTag.
- Via SMS: Send an SMS to 5676766 in the format – ITOLL(Space)Pincode(Space)Name. For example, ITOLL 560001 Romesh Singh. A representative from ICICI Bank will call you within two working days to process your request.
- Via Call: Call ICICI Bank’s 24*7 customer care toll-free number: 1800 2100 104 or you could call the chargeable number: 1860 2670 104.
- Via POS Location or Offline: You can visit NETC-operated toll plazas where Point of Sale (POS) counters are set up to buy FASTags. Ensure you carry the required documents such as Driving Licence, vehicle RC and self attested KYC documents. Ensure you take your vehicle as well.
- Via Mobile App: Download and instal iMobile of ICICI Bank app. Through the app you can apply for the ICICI FASTag and it will be delivered to the dispatch address.
Fees and Charges:
Below are the fees and charges associated with the ICICI FASTag:
Charges Applicable on FASTag:
|Joining Fee||99.12 (GST included)|
Tag Deposit Amount:
|Vehicle Type||Tag Class||Deposit (Rs.)||Threshold Amount (Rs.)||Tag Colour|
|Light Commercial Vehicle/Mini Bus||5||300||140||Orange|
|Tata Ace/Similar Mini Light Commercial Vehicle||4||200||100||Violet|
|Truck (7-Axle and above)||15||500||300|
|Tractor with Trailer/Tractor/Truck (4/5/6-Axle)||12||500||300|
|Earth Movers/Heavy Construction Machinery||16||500||300|
To apply for an ICICI Bank FASTag, along with the application form, you need to submit the below list of documents to the ICICI Bank representative:
- Vehicle Registration Certificate.
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner.
- KYC documents for address and ID proof (Driving Licence/Passport/PAN Card).
ICICI FASTag Online Recharge:
To recharge your ICICI FASTag online, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Visit ICICI Bank website or you can click the link here.
Step 2: Log in with your username and password.
Step 3: Go to “Payment Recharge Account”.
Step 4: Choose Tag/CUG wallet recharge and select the payment mode as per your requirement.
Step 5: Choose from the various payment options (UPI/Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/NEFT/Cheque/ICICI Bank CIB (Corporate Internet Banking) and RIB (Retail Internet Banking) and process the payment.
Charges towards ICICI FASTag online recharge are :
|Payment Options||Funds Upload Time||Fee|
|UPI||On Real-time Basis||Free|
|ICICI Bank RIB and CIB||On Real-time Basis||Free|
|Credit Card||On Real-time Basis||1.8% of the transaction value|
|Debit Card||On Real-time Basis||0.2% to 0.85% of the transaction value.|
|Net Banking||On Real-time Basis||1% to 1.65% of the transaction value|
|NEFT||Current NEFT cycle||Wallet recharge via CUG wallet: Free or source bank charges on RTGS/NEFT applicable.
Wallet recharge via Tag: Rs.15/ transaction (Tag level recharge).
|Cheque||1. ICICI Bank: T+1 day|
2. Other Banks: T+4 days
(T = time or date of the transaction)
Benefits of ICICI Bank FASTag:
Apart from the ease of processing your ICICI FASTag online, there are several other benefits of the FASTag offered by the bank. Below are the details:
- Saves Time and Fuel: You don’t have to stop at the toll plaza to pay by cash, instead, the tag reader at the toll plaza will read your FASTag and charge the required fee thereby reducing the use of fuel and time.
- SMS Notifications for Transactions: You will receive SMS notifications on your registered mobile number for all transactions on your ICICI FASTag.
- Customer Web Portal: You can access your statements through the ICICI customer web portal by logging in with your username and password.
- No Need to Pay by Cash: You don’t have to carry cash to pay toll fees henceforth.
- Recharge Online: You can recharge your ICICI FASTag account through different payments options (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/NEFT/RTGS/UPI).
List of ICICI Bank Active Toll Plazas:
Below is the list of toll plazas where you can buy ICICI FASTags offline. You have to carry the required documents along with the vehicle which requires the FASTag:
Here is the link to the list.
ICICI FASTag Offers:
Currently, ICICI Bank is providing the below offer for ICICI FASTags:
- Get 2.5% cashback on transactions made on ICICI FASTag.
Customer Care for ICICI FASTag:
To know more about ICICI Bank FASTags and for queries related to it, you can call the bank’s 24/7 customer care toll-free number: 1800 2100 104 or you can call their chargeable number: 1860 2670 104.
Here are the frequently asked questions about FASTags as well as about ICICI FASTags:
After your FASTag account is created, log in to the ICICI customer web portal and register yourself. After completing the registration process an SMS with your login credentials will be sent to your registered mobile number. Alternatively, you can call their toll-free number 1860 267 0104 for any help.
The FASTag is valid for 5 years. You can recharge the FASTag as per your needs.
You can log in only through ICICI Bank Pockets Application.
Once your address is verified by the concessionaire through KYC documents that your residence is within the stipulated 10 km radius, you can avail the concession.
You can call on their toll-free number: 1800 2100 104 or you can call on their chargeable number: 1860 2670 104.
This can happen when you have either:
1. Uploaded or declared an incorrect RC details or ID proof information or copy.
2. ID proof and/or RC details are uploaded incorrectly and not clear to read.
3. The application for the tag is other than class 4 type of vehicle (Car/Light Motor Vehicle/Jeep) as mentioned in the vehicle registration certificate.
You need to raise a ticket on the web customer portal under the account registration option. Attach the copy of the RC. Or, you can call their customer care on 1800 2100 104. The vehicle number will be updated in one working day.
You need to get a new FASTag account, after which the balance will be transferred to the new account.
The minimum recharge is Rs.100.
Call the bank’s customer care to block your FASTag account.
Also, check: SBI Bank FASTag: How to Apply, Fee, Recharge Online