Husqvarna is an Austrian motorcycle manufacturer known for its motocross, enduro and streetfighter motorcycles. Husqvarna is a Swedish-origin brand, and it is currently owned by KTM. In India, Husqvarna retails two models: Vitpilen 250 and Svartpilen 250,the latter is a streetfighter, while the former is a cafe-racer style motorcycle. If you own a Husqvarna bike or planning to buy one, then this article will provide you with all the details about Husqvarna Bike Insurance.
What’s Covered in Husqvarna Bike Insurance (Inclusions):
Below are the inclusions of Husqvarna bike insurance:
- Loss/Damage to third-party property or life.
- Loss/Theft of the insured motorcycle.
- Loss/Damage to the motorcycle due to an accident.
- Loss/Damage to the motorcycle due to natural disasters such as earthquakes, storms, floods, etc.
- Loss/Damage to the motorcycle due to man-made disasters such as riots, terrorism, etc.
- Loss/Damage to the motorcycle due to fire or explosion.
- Injury/Accidental death of the owner/rider.
Note: Only a Comprehensive Bike Insurance plan provides Own Damage cover.
Exclusions of Husqvarna Bike Insurance:
Husqvarna bike insurance will not provide coverage under the following circumstances:
- Wear and tear parts.
- Reckless riding/Improper handling of the motorcycle.
- Riding the motorcycle without a valid driving licence.
- Riding the motorcycle under the influence of intoxicating substances.
- Motorcycle breakdown due to electrical/mechanical failure.
- Depreciation* value.
*Note: Depreciation Value is covered under the Zero Depreciation add-on cover.
Benefits of Buying Acko Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy for your Husqvarna Bike:
Below are the benefits of buying Acko two-wheeler insurance policy for your Husqvarna bike:
At Acko General Insurance, you can buy two-wheeler insurance online, and there is zero paperwork. Be it purchasing a two-wheeler insurance policy or registering a claim, everything can be done online. Easy documentation saves you a lot of time.
Quick Claim Settlements
You can register claims online, and depending on the nature of the damage, Acko will settle the claim. Acko also offers instant claim settlements for minor damages.
All your queries related to Husqvarna bike insurance will be resolved by the team of experts from Acko. You will get unbiased advice on two-wheeler insurance. You will be assisted by trained professionals while buying bike insurance for your Husqvarna bike.
Acko suggests the optimum Insured Declared Value (IDV) for your Husqvarna motorcycle and provides you with the best two-wheeler insurance plans at the best price. You can compare different insurance plans and add-ons before making the final decision.
Insurance plans for Husqvarna Bike:
There are two types of insurance plans available for Husqvarna bikes: Third-Party bike insurance and Comprehensive bike insurance. Below are the coverage details of third-party and comprehensive two-wheeler insurance:
Third-Party Bike Insurance
As the name suggests, a third-party bike insurance plan provides coverage against damage to third-party property or life. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory to buy a third-party two-wheeler insurance policy for your Husqvarna bike. However, a third-party insurance plan provides only limited coverage as it does not provide an Own Damage cover.
Comprehensive Bike Insurance
Comprehensive two-wheeler insurance provides third-party and Own Damage cover. A comprehensive bike insurance policy covers loss/damage to your bike and injury/accidental death of the owner/rider. Apart from that, a comprehensive insurance plan also allows you to buy add-ons to expand the coverage benefits.
Add-ons for Husqvarna Bike Insurance:
The Comprehensive bike insurance plan will allow you to purchase add-on covers for your Husqvarna bike. Below are are the available add-ons for Husqvarna bike insurance:
- No Claim Bonus cover
- Return to Invoice cover
- Zero Depreciation cover
- Engine Protection cover
- Roadside Assistance cover
- Passenger/Co-Rider cover
- Consumables cover
- Loss/Theft Of key cover
Follow the below steps to register a bike insurance claim at Acko General Insurance:
- Visit the website www.acko.com or download the Acko smartphone app.
- Choose the ‘Bike Insurance’ option from the Products drop-down menu.
- Next, choose the ‘Two-wheeler/Bike Claims’ option from the Claims drop-down menu.
- Login to your Acko account and enter basic details such as bike registration number, policy number, etc.
- State the nature of the damage and upload pictures of the damaged motorcycle.
- Upon verification and assessment of the damage, Acko will transfer the settlement amount to your account.
- Major repair work or replacement of damaged parts can be done at Acko’s network of cashless garages.
- Minor damages will be repaired at your doorstep.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Below are the most common queries related to Husqvarna bike insurance:
You can buy two-wheeler insurance online or offline. But it’s better to purchase bike insurance online as you can save a lot of time and money. You can compare different insurance plans before making the final decision.
Yes, buying third-party two-wheeler insurance is mandatory as the Motor Vehicles Act. It is illegal to ride a motorcycle on roads without valid two-wheeler insurance. Riding without insurance can also attract heavy penalties.
Renewing Husqvarna bike insurance online will take only a few minutes as the documentation is simple. But if you go for offline renewal of bike insurance, the time depends on the insurance company.
Yes, you can always renew the expired bike insurance policy within the grace period provided by the insurance company. Post grace period you can renew the insurance, but you have to pay the required penalties. Note that expired bike insurance will not provide coverage.
You need to submit the following documents to renew the two-wheeler insurance:
>The previous insurance policy certificate
>Motorcycle registration certificate
The insurance cost of the Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 depends on the value and condition of the motorcycle. The higher the value of the bike, the higher the cost of bike insurance.
By installing anti-theft/security devices on the motorcycle you can reduce the cost of the premium. You can also avoid buying unnecessary add-ons to reduce the cost of bike insurance. Opting for higher voluntary deductibles will also reduce the overall cost of insurance. Lastly, you can also opt for third-party bike insurance which will drastically reduce the cost of insurance. But note that third-party insurance does not come with Own Damage cover.
No, you cannot buy add-ons for third-party bike insurance. Only a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan will allow you to purchase add-ons.
Yes, comprehensive bike insurance provides coverage if your motorcycle gets destroyed in a crash. The insurance company will pay you the IDV (Insured Declared Value) of the motorcycle.
You can consider buying add-ons such as Invoice Cover, No Claim Bonus Cover, Engine Protection Cover, Passenger Cover and Roadside Assistance Cover for your Husqvarna bike.
About Two-Wheeler Insurance for Husqvarna Bike:
Husqvarna is a Swedish-origin motorcycle manufacturer and currently owned by Austrian motorcycle giant KTM. Husqvarna is known for its motocross, enduro and streetfighter motorcycles. Husqvarna retails two motorcycles in India, and they feature the company’s signature funky and quirky design language. Husqvarna is a high-end brand, and spare parts and service come at a premium. Even minor damage can cost you a handsome amount of money.
Buying two-wheeler insurance for Husqvarna bikes is crucial as it provides coverage against damage to your bike. A comprehensive bike insurance policy will cover damage to your bike. The damage might be due to an accident, fire or natural/man-made disaster. The insurance plan also covers injury/accidental death of the rider/owner. With bike insurance, you need no worry about the damages to your Husqvarna bike.
Comprehensive two-wheeler insurance also allows you to purchase add-ons, which will enhance the scope of coverage. You can buy add-ons such as Engine Protection Cover, Roadside Assistance Cover, Consumable Cover, Pillion/Co-Rider Cover, No Claim Bonus Cover, etc. to expand the coverage benefits of the bike insurance policy.
Another important aspect of two-wheeler insurance is third-party liability coverage. A third-party/comprehensive bike insurance policy provides coverage against damage to third-party property or life. The insurer will take the legal and financial liability for causing damage to third-party property in case of an accident. The insurance plan also covers injury/accidental death of third-party. Two-wheeler insurance for your Husqvarna bike will give you financial security and peace of mind.
Why should you buy a Husqvarna Bike?
Husqvarna is a motorcycle brand with a rich history and motorsport legacy. Husqvarna is a well-known brand in the world of motorsports, especially in Dakar, motocross and enduro. Husqvarna is known for its minimalism design language which is well-suited for Indian conditions. Currently, Husqvarna Two-wheelers in India retails the Vitpilen 250 and Svartpilen 250. Both the motorcycles feature similar design language except for some subtle changes.
The prominent highlights of Husqvarna bikes are the practical and minimalist design. There are no unnecessary panels. It’s just raw in terms of design. The exposed trellis frame and the naked engine gives a distinct look to the motorcycle. The unique fuel tank design, short seat, round headlamps and uniquely styled rear fender give the Husqvarna bikes a distinct look. Wherever you go, Husqvarna bikes will grab the eyeballs.
Another important aspect of Husqvarna bikes is the build quality. The fit and finish and the materials used for switchgear, handlebar, footpegs are of top-notch quality. The overall build quality of the motorcycle justifies the premium price that it demands. Husqvarna motorcycles are equipped with KTM-sourced 250cc engines which offer impressive power delivery, especially in the low-end. The engine is reliable and delivers a nice blend of performance and fuel efficiency.
Husqvarna bikes are loaded with premium cycle parts such as upside-down front forks, monoshock rear suspension, alloy wheels and large disc brakes. Other notable features of Husqvarna motorcycles include all-LED lighting and ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System). If you are looking for a premium 250cc motorcycle that offers out of the box design language and premium features, then Husqvarna is the brand to go!
Highlights of Husqvarna Bikes:
Below are the main highlights of Husqvarna bikes:
- Minimalistic design language with a blend of modern and classic looks.
- Powerful 250cc engine sourced from KTM.
- Premium cycle parts such as upside-down front forks, monoshock rear suspension and large disc brakes.
- All-LED lighting, including sleek LED turn indicators.
- Trellis frame aids in impressive handling.
- Perfectly tuned suspension which offers a plush ride and also inspired confidence in corners.
- Low seat-height which is easily accessible for Indian riders.
Husqvarna Models with Specifications, Variants and Ex-Showroom Price:
Refer to the following tables for Husqvarna models and specifications:
Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 Specifications:
Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 is a cafe-racer style motorcycle with clip-on handlebars which delivers an aggressive riding posture. The motorcycle gets the powerful and reliable KTM-sourced 250cc engine. Other main features of the motorcycle include LED lighting, digital instrument console, large disc brakes with ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System), trellis frame and alloy wheels. Below are the detailed specifications of the Husqvarna Vitpilen 250:
|Braking||Disc Brakes with ABS|
|Fuel Tank||9.5 Litre|
Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 Specifications:
Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 is a naked streetfighter motorcycle. It features an identical design as the Vitpilen 250, except for the single-piece handlebar which aids in upright riding posture. The rest of the mechanicals remain identical to the Vitpilen. Below are the detailed specifications of Husqvarna Svartpilen 250:
|Braking||Disc Brakes with ABS|
|Fuel Tank||9.5 Litre|
Below are the Husqvarna bike variants and Husqvarna bike price (ex-showroom price):
|Husqvarna Vitpilen 250||STD||Rs. 1.84 Lakh|
|Husqvarna Svartpilen 250||STD||Rs. 1.84 Lakh|
Note: All prices are ex-showroom Delhi as of 23 October 2020
Benefits of buying Two-Wheeler Insurance for Husqvarna Bikes:
Buying two-wheeler insurance for Husqvarna bikes is mandatory as per the Motor Vehicles Act. Without valid bike insurance, it is illegal to ride a motorcycle on roads. It is compulsory to buy third-party bike insurance, although it offers limited coverage while a Comprehensive bike insurance is optional. Below are the benefits of buying two-wheeler insurance for Husqvarna bikes:
- Own Damage Coverage: A comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy will provide coverage against damage to your bike or injury/accidental death of the owner/rider. If your bike gets damaged in an accident or damaged by natural/man-made disasters, then the insurance company will cover the damage. The insurer will also cover the medical expenses if the rider/owner gets injured in an accident.
- Third-Party Liability Coverage: A third-party and comprehensive bike insurance will provide coverage against damage to third-party property or life. The insurer will cover the damage caused to third-party property and cover injury/accidental death of the third-party.
- Loss/Theft Coverage: A comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy will provide coverage against the loss/theft of the insured motorcycle. If your Husqvarna bike is stolen or gets damaged beyond repair, then the insurer will pay you the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the bike.
- Add-On Coverage: A comprehensive bike insurance plan allows you to purchase add-ons to enhance the coverage benefits. You can buy add-ons such as No Claim Bonus Cover, Engine Protection Cover, Roadside Assistance Cover, co-rider cover, etc. to increase the coverage benefits of the two-wheeler insurance.
Two-Wheeler Insurance for Husqvarna Bike Models/Variants:
Below are the bike insurances for Husqvarna Bike models in India:
- Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 Bike insurance
- Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 Bike insurance