We at Acko General Insurance Limited (Acko) are committed to serving you better and value you as our customer / user of our website. We respect your right to privacy.
Your Personal Information
While using the website of Acko, some personal identification information may be collected in a number of ways. We collect your personal information as stated by you when you visit our website, register on the website, , subscribe to the website’s newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and perform a transaction/action on the website in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our website.
While using the website, a user may be asked personal information as appropriate. This could include, but may not be restricted to, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card or net banking service information, the insured individual’s / asset’s information and the personal information of the insured person’s beneficiary. This information is necessary to maintain our records about you to service you better at the time of claims.
Please note that you can use / visit the website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal information, however that could prevent you from taking certain actions on the website.
Non-Personal Identification Information
Acko may collect non-personal identification information about the user of the website, whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information includes, but is not restricted to, the browser name, the type of device used to access the website and technical information about your means of connection to our website, like the operating system and the internet service providers and other information of this nature.
About Web Browser Cookies
How We Use Your Collected Information
Acko may collect and use a user’s personal information for the following purposes:
- Improving customer services: The information provided by you helps us respond to your pre-sale and post-sale service requests and support needs efficiently and without delay.
- Personalizing user experience: Your given information help us personalize your experience as we analyze your journey in an aggregate of others availing our services.
- We use your feedback and information provided to understand your needs and accordingly improve our products and services.
- The information provided by you while placing an order is used to provide you the intended services only. We do not share this information with any outside parties, except to the extent necessary to provide the services.
- Some of your information (other than your personal information like your name, address, email address or telephone number) is requested to be shared with third-party advertising companies and/or ad agencies to serve web ads to you when you visit our website.
- We use your information to send you updates about services or products of relevance to you. We also may send you surveys, requests for feedback.
- To send periodic emails.
We may use your email address to send you information and updates about your insurance policy. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other post-sale requests.
By opting into our mailing list, you may receive emails that could include company news, updates, related product or service information, educational content etc. If at any time a user would like to unsubscribe from receiving email communication, we have detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You may also contact us through our website.
We collect and retain your personal information only for the purpose of providing you with products, features, and services as described above. Subject to regulatory or law enforcement requirements which may prescribe longer periods:
- Once the purpose of the collection has been fulfilled, we will not retain identifiable data for longer than [one] year from such time.
- In case your personal information is required for providing services on an ongoing basis (for e.g. updates and mailing list), we will retain your information in identifiable form for [one] year from the time you request the suspension of such service.
In the event, you would like to review [or request deletion of] the personal information we have collected from you, please contact us at the provided address below.
How Acko Protects Your Information
We at Acko have appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices. Our security measures protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website.
All kinds of private information exchange and transactions on the website happens through SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters, surveys or questionnaires. We may share your information with these third-parties for that, and only that limited purpose, provided that you have given us your permission. These third-party service providers are not permitted to share the information further.
We may also, without your prior permission, share your personal information with law enforcement agencies or regulators upon receipt of valid legal process. In many cases, we may be prohibited from notifying you that your personal information has been shared.
Third Party Websites
While using the website, you may find content that contains links to the other websites or portals on the internet. Our intentions are always to link only to websites that are agreeable to our high standards of right to user privacy, however we do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by such websites. Additionally, these websites or services, as well as the content and links thereon, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies. Browsing on and interacting with any other website, including the websites which contain a link to our website, is subject to that website’s own terms and conditions.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this website, you indicate your acceptance of the policy statement of Acko. Your continued use of the website, following the updating of any changes to this policy, will be deemed as your acceptance of the changes.