From granting driving licences to drivers and issuing registration certificates to private and transport vehicles, Regional Transport Offices (RTOs) in India are involved in issuing important documents and regulating the transport system in the country. They enforce the rules listed in the Motor Vehicles Act. Apart from granting regular driving licence and registration certificates, RTOs also issue permits for transport and passenger vehicles, fitness certificates for private and commercial vehicles. These documents are issued to Indian citizens to use motor vehicles on public roads in the country. Additionally, RTOs are responsible for issuing licences to pollution testing centres and motor driving schools, collecting road taxes and conducting inspections at various check-posts.
RTO offices in Mangalore are mainly engaged in granting documents related to driving on public roads such as Learner’s Licence (LL), Driving Licence (DL) for different classes of vehicles and Registration Certificate (RC) for new and used vehicles, Fitness Certificates and Permits for commercial vehicles. People residing in Mangalore can approach the Mangalore Regional Transport Office to obtain permits for their commercial vehicles, register their vehicles or apply for a permanent DL. Read on to learn about the functions of RTO offices in Mangalore (Mangaluru), its contact details and services available through the RTO.
- Mangalore RTO Code: Office Address & Contact Number
- Mangaluru RTO, Karnataka KA-19: Contact Number
- RTO Fees in Mangaluru:
- Functions of Mangalore RTO:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Mangalore RTO Code: Office Address & Contact Number
To register your car or two-wheeler in Mangalore, you need to approach the local RTO in Mangalore. The RTO issues a number unique to your vehicle. To identify that the vehicle is registered in Mangalore, a number exclusive to the RTO is issued. This number is known as RTO code. The code includes the State and the respective RTO’s code. In the case of Mangalore RTO, the State code is KA and the RTO code is 19. You can avail several transport-related services from the Mangalore RTO. Below is the RTO code and contact details of the RTO in Mangalore:
Mangaluru RTO, Karnataka KA-19: Contact Number
Below are the contact details of the RTO in Mangalore:
|Office Address||Regional Transport Office, Hampankatta, Nehru Maidan Road, East A.B. Shetty Circle, Mangaluru, Karnataka – 575001|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
RTO Fees in Mangaluru:
Below are the driver and vehicle-related RTO fees in Mangalore:
Driving Licence Fees
Below are the fees for applying/renewing of documents related to driving licence in Mangaluru RTO:
|Issuance of Learner’s Licence (LL)||150|
|Test/repeat test for LL||50|
|Repeat test for each class of vehicles for LL||300|
|Issuance of Permanent Driving Licence (DL)||200|
|Permanent driving licence renewal||200|
|Driving licence renewal after the grace period||300 (1,000 for each additional year)|
|Add another class of vehicle in the DL||500|
|Grant of International Driving Licence/International Driving Permit (IDP)||1,000|
|Change of residential address in DL||200|
|Smart card charges for DL||200|
Mangalore RTO Registration Charges
Below are the fees for the registration of private and commercial vehicles in Mangaluru RTO:
|Vehicle Type||Fees in INR|
|Four-wheeled/three-wheeled/quadricycle vehicles (Private)||600|
|Four-wheeled/three-wheeled/quadricycle vehicles (Transport)||1000|
|Medium goods vehicles||1000|
|Medium passenger vehicles||1000|
|Heavy goods vehicles||1500|
|Heavy passenger vehicles||1500|
|Other than mentioned above||3000|
|Granting duplicate RC||Half of the above-mentioned fees|
|Ownership transfer or registration of used vehicles|
|Change of address in the RC|
|Alterations in the RC|
|Approval of lease/hire purchase/hypothecation||Bikes/scooters/two-wheelers - 500|
|Quadricycle/four-wheeled/three-wheeled vehicles - 1,500|
|Medium or Heavy vehicles - 3,000|
Fitness Certificate (FC) Charges
Below are the fees for the issue or renewal of Certificate of Fitness in Mangaluru RTO:
|Type of Service||Fee (Rs.)|
|Conducting test to issue/renew FC||Bikes/scooters/two-wheeler: Manual – 200; Automated – 400|
Three-Wheeled/Quadricycles/Four-Wheeled vehicles: Manual – 400; Automated – 600
Medium or Heavy vehicles: Manual – 600; Automated – 1,000
|Issue/renew FC||200 (Additional late fee of 50 for each additional day from the date of expiry)|
|Issue/renew Letter of Authority (LoA)||15,000|
|Grant duplicate LoA||7,500|
Permit Charges (Commercial Vehicles)
Following are the permit fees in Mangaluru RTO:
|Vehicle||Regular Permit Fee (Rs.)|
|Countersignature for goods vehicles||350|
|National Permit + Authorisation||350 + 500|
|Temporary Permit (Goods vehicle)||100|
|Special Permit (Passenger vehicle)||100|
|Educational institution/school bus||350|
|Private Service Vehicles (PSV)||350|
Also, read: RTO New Vehicle Registration Process
Functions of Mangalore RTO:
The Regional Transport Office in Mangalore, Karnataka RTO is the department that you need to approach to obtain a driving licence or registration of both private and transport vehicles. Apart from rendering these two main services, the RTO in Mangalore also involved several other transport-related activities. By issuing permits to transport vehicles, collecting road taxes, inspections of vehicles at check-posts, RTOs perform several functions. Below is the complete list of functions of the Mangaluru RTO:
- Grant Registration Certificate (RC): The Mangalore RTO grants new registration certificates for private and transport vehicles to drive vehicles on Indian roads.
- Transfer of Ownership: The Mangaluru RTO office issues a new registration certificate (RC) after the transfer of ownership.
- Grant Duplicate RC: In case of loss of the RC, the RTO grants a duplicate RC upon submitting the required documents.
- Grant Change of Address: You can change the address mentioned on the RC by approaching the local RTO. Submit the relevant documents and get the address changed.
- Issue No Objection Certificate (NOC): You can approach the RTO in Mangalore to obtain a NOC to transfer the registration of the vehicle to another RTO.
- Grant Trade Certificates: The RTO in Mangalore grants trade certificates to vehicles which are yet to be sold by the car showroom.
- Grant Duplicate Trade Certificate: In case of loss of the trade certificate, you can approach the RTO office in Mangaluru to obtain a duplicate trade certificate.
- Grant Fitness Certificate (FC): The RTO grants FCs for new and used vehicles. The RTO also renews the document upon expiry.
- Endorsement of Hypothecation: In case of lease or vehicle loan, you need to approach the RTO to endorse the hypothecation of lease/hire purchase.
- Grant Permits: The Mangalore RTO grants and renews national and local permits to transport or commercial vehicles.
- Services to Diplomatic Vehicles: The RTO offers services to diplomatic vehicles in the country.
- Collection of Road Tax: The RTO collects road tax and issues a receipt for the same to ply your vehicle on public roads. Pay the required fees and you can obtain the Road Tax receipt.
Also, read: NOC for Car
- Grant Learner’s Licence/Driving Licence (LL/DL): To ride or drive a motor vehicle in India, you need to hold a permanent driving licence. You can obtain the DL from the local RTO by applying for the Learner’s Licence before you can obtain the DL.
- Grant Change of Address: You can approach the RTO to change the address on the DL by submitting relevant documents to certify your claim for the change of address.
- Grant a Duplicate Learner’s Licence or Driving Licence: In case you lose or the DL is damaged, you can approach the Mangaluru RTO to grant a duplicate DL or LL.
- Conduct Driving Tests: Before the RTO grants a DL, the Motor Vehicle Inspector (MVI) will conduct a driving test to certify that you are competent enough to drive or ride a motor vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here are some of the common queries about the functions of the Regional Transport Office (RTO) in India:
Applicants who have completed 16 years of age are eligible to obtain a DL to ride a two-wheeler with engine capacity not more than 50cc. Also, the parent or guardian of the applicant should provide a declaration as prescribed by the RTO.
Applicants should apply for a permanent DL by duly filling Form 4 along with the Learner’s Licence (LL) obtained for a specific class of vehicle.
The RTO will send the permanent driving licence document through speed post to the applicant’s registered mailing address.
There is a grace period of 30 days from the date of expiry of the driving licence, post which you need to pay the prescribed fee to renew the DL. However, if the DL has expired five years ago, then you need to go through all the formalities to obtain a fresh driving licence.
There are several circumstances when the RTO grants a duplicate driving licence and they are:
If the DL is destroyed or lost.
If the DL is torn or defaced or completely written up.
If the photograph affixed to the DL needs to be replaced.
Other Popular RTO Offices in India:
|RTO Offices in Chennai||RTO Offices in Bengaluru|
|RTO Offices in Hyderabad||RTO Offices in Mumbai|
|RTO Offices in Delhi||RTO Offices in Ahmedabad|
|RTO Offices in Pune||RTO Offices in Kolkata|
- How to Apply for an International Driving License
- The Significance of RTO for a Car Owner
- How to Get Temporary Vehicle Registration Number
Read informative RTO Articles at Acko.
Having a vehicle insurance policy helps protect against damages to your vehicle under various circumstances. Stay upto date with the latest Car Insurance Articles and Two Wheeler Insurance Articles here.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.