The fourth most populous city of Andhra Pradesh, Nellore lies in the coastal region of the state. The spurt in growth in population in the city has led to an increase in vehicular density. The transport system in Nellore and other districts of the country are regulated by the Regional Transport Office (RTO). The office is responsible for enforcing the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act. This includes granting legal driver documents such as driving licences and vehicle-related documents such as registration certificates, permits for transport vehicles and other important functions.
RTO Offices in Nellore is the go-to department to get a Learner’s Licence (LL), Registration Certificate (RC) for a new or used vehicle or obtain national or state permits for passenger and goods vehicles. Read on to know about various functions of the Nellore RTO, its helpline contact numbers and answers to some of the frequently asked questions at the end of this reading.
- Nellore RTO Code: Office Address & Contact Number
- Nellore RTO, Andhra Pradesh AP-26: Contact Number
- RTO Fees in Nellore:
- Functions of Nellore RTO:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Nellore RTO Code: Office Address & Contact Number
RTOs across the country are identified by their RTO code. The code is a combination of the State and the respective RTO’s code number. For Nellore, the state code is ‘AP’ and the Nellore RTO code is ‘26’, together they complete the code ‘AP-26’. The RTO code helps identify where the vehicle was registered or where the driving licence was obtained. To avail of services provided by the Nellore RTO, below are the contact details:
Nellore RTO, Andhra Pradesh AP-26: Contact Number
Below are the contact details of the Nellore RTO along with the RTO code:
|Office Address||Office of the District Transport Commissioner (DTC), BV Nagar Main Road, Mini Bypass, Veday Palam, Andhra Pradesh – 524004|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Office Timings||10 AM – 5 PM|
RTO Fees in Nellore:
People in Nellore can avail several RTO services such as obtaining Driving Licence (DL), Registration Certificate (RC) for their private or transport vehicles, Permits for their goods or passenger vehicles, Fitness Certificate (FC) for vehicles, and several other services. Below are the fees charged for the services offered by the RTO office in Nellore.
Driving Licence Fees
Below are the fees for obtaining/renewing driving licences in Nellore RTO:
|Types of Services||Fee (Rs.)|
|Obtain Learner’s Licence (LL)||150 (For each class of vehicles)|
|Apply for test/repeat test for learner’s licence||50|
|Apply for a repeat test for learner’s licence||300 (For each class of vehicles)|
|Obtain Driving Licence (DL)||200|
|Driving licence renewal||200|
|Driving licence renewal after the grace period||300 (1,000 for each extra year)|
|Add a new class of vehicles to the driving licence||500|
|Obtain an international driving licence||1,000|
|Request for change of address in driving licence||200|
|DL Smart Card||200|
Nellore RTO Registration Charges
Below are the registration fees for different types of vehicles in Nellore RTO:
|Vehicle Type||Fees (Issue/Renewal) Rs.|
|Three-wheeled/four-wheeled/quadricycle vehicles (Private)||600|
|Three-wheeled/four-wheeled/quadricycle vehicles (Passenger/Transport)||1000|
|Medium goods/passenger vehicles||1000|
|Heavy goods/passenger vehicles||1500|
|Imported vehicles (Four-Wheelers and Others)||5000|
|Other than the ones mentioned above||3000|
|Obtain a duplicate RC||50% of the above-mentioned fees|
|Change of vehicle ownership|
|Request for a change in the address in RC|
|Changes/Alterations in the RC|
|Approval of Lease/Hire Purchase/Hypothecation||Two-wheelers/bikes/scooters - 500|
|Quadricycles/four-wheeled/three-wheeled vehicles - 1,500|
|Medium or Heavy vehicles - 3,000|
Fitness Certificate (FC) Charges
Below are the RTO fees for obtaining/renewing the Certificate of Fitness in Nellore for both private and transport/passenger vehicles:
|Type of Service||Fee (Rs.)|
|Test for FC (Grant/Renewal)||Two-Wheelers: Manual – 200; Automated – 400|
Quadricycles/three-wheeled/four-wheeled vehicles: Manual – 400; Automated – 600
Medium/Heavy vehicles: Manual – 600; Automated – 1,000
|Grant or renew the FC||200 (Extra 50 for each additional day from the expiry date)|
|Grant or renew Letter of Authority (LoA)||15,000|
|Grant a duplicate LoA||7,500|
Permit Charges (Transport/Passenger Vehicles)
Below are the RTO permit charges in Nellore:
|Types of Vehicles||Temporary/Special Permit Fee (Rs.)|
|Private Service Vehicles (PSV) or omnibuses|
|Types of Vehicles||Regular Permit Fee (Rs.)|
|National Permit for goods vehicles||1000|
|Contract carriage/carrier (13 seats)||5000|
|PSV - Less than 13 seats||2000|
|Private Service Vehicles - 13+ seats||3000|
|Educational institution/school buses: Less than 13 seats||2000|
|Educational institution/school buses: 13 + seats||3000|
Also, read: RTO New Vehicle Registration Process
Functions of Nellore RTO:
The Regional Transport Office in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh is primarily involved in granting driver and vehicle-related transport documents which include driving licences, permits for commercial vehicles, fitness certificates, registration certificates, etc. They are also involved in various other activities. Below are the main functions of the Nellore RTO:
- Issue Driving Licences (DL): In India, to ride a motorcycle with gears or drive a Light Motor Vehicle (LMV) such as a car, you need to hold a permanent driving licence. The RTO in Nellore will grant the Learner’s Licence, the Permanent Driving Licence (DL) and the International Driving Permit (IDP).
- Grant Change in the Residential Address in DL: If you have moved to a different address, you can get it changed in your DL by visiting the RTO. You need to submit relevant supporting documents and pay the required fee.
- Issue a Duplicate Licence: The RTO approves a duplicate licence in case of a loss or damages by submitting supporting documents and paying the prescribed fees.
- Conduct Learner’s Licence and Driving Licence Tests: The Motor Vehicle Inspector will assess your driving skills before approving the permanent driving licence. As for the LL, you need to appear for a written test to obtain the LL.
- Issue Registration Certificates: The RTO office in Nellore is responsible for issuing new registration certificates to both private and commercial vehicles to ply on Indian roads.
- Grant Transfer of Ownership: The Nellore RTO grants a new RC for used vehicles when the ownership is changed.
- Issue a Duplicate RC: In case of a damaged RC or in case of a loss, you can approach the RTO in Nellore to issue a duplicate RC for your vehicle.
- Approve Change of Address: In case you have changed your residential address, you can get it changed in the RC by paying the required and submitting the application for the same at the RTO.
- Grant No Objection Certificate (NOC): In case you have moved to a different district of a city, you need to register the vehicle with the local RTO. For this you need a NOC from the existing RTO. You can approach the Nellore RTO to get the NOC.
- Issue Trade Certificate: Before the car is sold by the car dealer, the dealer has to procure a Trade Certificate from the RTO. The dealer can approach the RTO to issue the same after paying the required fees. The RTO also issued a duplicate Trade Certificate in case of a loss.
- Issue Fitness Certificate (FC): The RTO grants new Fitness Certificates to both private and commercial vehicles. The RTO also renews the FC and issues a duplicate in case of a loss.
- Issue Permits: For passenger or goods vehicles to ply on Indian roads, the owner of the vehicle should obtain a permit before using the vehicle.
- Endorsement/Termination of Hypothecation: In case your vehicle is hypothecated due to a bank loan, lease or hire purchase, the RC will bear the endorsement of the RTO that the vehicle is hypothecated. The RTO is also responsible to terminate the hypothecation.
- Collection of Road Taxes: The RTO office in Nellore collects road taxes from private and commercial vehicles when the vehicle is registered.
- Diplomatic Vehicle Services: The RTO is responsible for issuing relevant documents for use of diplomatic vehicles.
Also, read: NOC for Bike
Frequently Asked Questions:
The Regional Transport Offices (RTOs) in India perform several tasks and execute several services through its offices located in strategic locations. There may be difficult terms and conditions that you may find it difficult to understand. Here are a few common queries about the functions of the RTO:
Yes, you can retake the test the next day itself by paying the required fees prescribed by the RTO.
The eligibility to ride a motorcycle with gears is that the applicant should be at least 18 years of age and should hold a valid learner’s licence at least for a period of 30 days.
Once you clear the driving test, the RTO will send the permanent driving licence to the applicant’s registered mailing address through speed post.
Yes, you renew an expired driving licence. There is a grace period of 30 days when you can renew the expired DL. If you renew the DL after the grace period, you need to pay the required late fee and the renewal fee to obtain a valid DL.
Yes. In case your driving licence is damaged or lost, you can apply for a duplicate driving licence by submitting the relevant documents and paying the prescribed fees.
Other Popular RTO Offices in India:
|RTO Offices in Chennai||RTO Offices in Bengaluru|
|RTO Offices in Hyderabad||RTO Offices in Mumbai|
|RTO Offices in Delhi||RTO Offices in Ahmedabad|
|RTO Offices in Pune||RTO Offices in Kolkata|
- How to Apply for an International Driving License
- The Significance of RTO for a Car Owner
- How to Get Temporary Vehicle Registration Number
Read informative RTO Articles at Acko.
Having a vehicle insurance policy helps protect against damages to your vehicle under various circumstances. Stay upto date with the latest Car Insurance Articles and Two Wheeler Insurance Articles here.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.