Datsun is a Japanese car brand which is owned by Nissan. In India, Datsun is known for its affordable products. Currently, the carmaker retails two hatchbacks (Redi Go and Go) and one MPV/Multi-Purpose Vehicle (Go+) in the Indian market. The main highlights of Datsun cars are affordable pricing, low maintenance cost and high fuel efficiency. Datsun also has a good sales and service network in the country. If you are looking to buy car insurance for your Datsun car, then this article will provide all the information related to Datsun Insurance.
What’s Covered in Datsun Car Insurance (Inclusions):
The Datsun car insurance will provide coverage against the following:
- Damage to the vehicle due to an explosion or fire outbreak.
- Damage to the vehicle due to an accident.
- Theft/Total loss of the insured vehicle.
- Damage to the third-party property or life.
- Damage to the vehicle in an attempt of theft.
- Damage to the vehicle due to man-made calamities.
- Damage to the vehicle due to natural disasters such as earthquake, storm, cyclone, etc.
Note: Own Damage cover is only applicable if you buy comprehensive car insurance.
Exclusions of Datsun Car Insurance:
Below are the exclusions of Datsun car insurance:
- Damage to the vehicle due to the breakdown of mechanical or electrical components.
- Damage to the vehicle due to improper handling or reckless driving.
- Driving the vehicle without a valid driving license.
- Repair or replacement of regular wear and tear parts.
- Driving under the influence of intoxicant substances.
- Depreciation* cost.
*Depreciation cost of the vehicle is covered if you purchase Zero Depreciation add-on.
Benefits of Buying Acko Car Insurance Policy for your Datsun Car:
Below are the benefits of buying Acko car insurance online for your Datsun car:
At Acko General Insurance, you can purchase car insurance online, and there is no paperwork. Similarly, you can also register a claim without any paperwork, as the entire process happens online.
Hassle-Free Claim Settlements
Registering a claim at Acko is very simple as you complete the process online without any paperwork. Upon verification, Acko will settle the claim, depending on the nature of the damage. Acko provides instant claim settlements for minor damages.
Acko suggests the optimum IDV (Insured Declared Value) for your vehicle and provides the best prices for the insurance plans. You can compare the available plans and purchase the right insurance policy for your car.
The team of experts at Acko will provide you with unbiased advice on car insurance. Trained professionals will assist you in choosing the best insurance plan for your vehicle. You can always contact the customer support if you have any queries regarding car insurance.
Insurance plans for Datsun Car:
There are mainly two types of insurance plans for Datsun cars: Comprehensive and Third-party insurance. Below are the coverage benefits of comprehensive and third-party car insurance:
Third-Party Car Insurance
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is compulsory to purchase third-party insurance for your car. Although third-party insurance provides limited coverage when compared to comprehensive insurance. Third-party car insurance policy will provide coverage against damage to third-party property or life.
Comprehensive Car Insurance
In addition to third-party liability coverage, a comprehensive car insurance policy will provide coverage against Own Damage. The comprehensive insurance plan for Datsun cars will cover damage to the vehicle and injury/accidental death of the driver. Apart from that, a comprehensive insurance plan will also allow you to purchase add-ons to enhance the coverage benefits.
Add-ons for Datsun Car Insurance:
A comprehensive car insurance policy will allow you to buy add-ons to expand the coverage benefits. Below are the available add-ons for Datsun cars:
- No Claim Bonus cover
- Zero Depreciation cover
- Engine protection cover
- Loss/Theft of keys cover
- Roadside assistance cover
- Passenger cover
- Return to Invoice cover
- Consumables cover
Registering a claim at Acko General Insurance is very simple. Just follow the below steps:
- Download the Acko smartphone app or log in to the website www.acko.com.
- Click on the ‘Products’ drop-down menu and select ‘Car Insurance’.
- Next, click on ‘Claims’ drop-down menu and select ‘Car Claims’.
- Login to your account and enter basic details such as Insurance Policy number, vehicle registration number, etc.
- State the nature of the damage and upload pictures of the damaged vehicle.
- After verification, Acko will pick up* the vehicle from your location for repair work.
- You can track the repair work through the website or smartphone app.
- The repaired vehicle will be delivered* to you within three days.
- Acko provides instant claim settlements for minor damages.
*Note: Vehicle pick up, and delivery service is available in select cities.
Car Insurance for Datsun Car Models/Variants:
Below are the car insurances for Datsun models in India:
- Datsun Redi Go Insurance
- Datsun Go Insurance
- Datsun Go+ Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions:
Below are the most common queries related to Datsun car insurance:
The following factors determine the Datsun car insurance premium:
>Age of the car
>No Claim Bonus
>Security/Anti-theft device installed in the car
>Deductibles (Only applies if you opt for it)
Yes, the insurance company will provide you with an insurance certificate after insuring the vehicle.
You can renew your Datsun car insurance online. Renewing car insurance online will take only a few minutes, and you can always compare different insurance plans before making the purchase. You also get the best prices for the insurance plans if you opt for online car insurance.
You need to submit the following documents to insure your Datsun car:
Claim settlement ratio is nothing but the ratio between the received claims and settled claims in a financial year. Claim settlement ratio varies from one insurance company to another, so you have to compare different insurance providers online and then make the purchase.
Comprehensive insurance plan is best for your Datsun car. A comprehensive insurance policy will provide third-party and Own Damage cover, and you can also buy add-ons to expand the scope of coverage.
No, add-ons are optional. If you have purchased comprehensive car insurance, then you can consider buying add-ons to expand the coverage.
You can reduce the car insurance premium of your Datsun car by installing a security/anti-theft device, as it minimises the risk of theft. You can also avoid buying add-ons which are not required for your car. Lastly, you can opt for a third-party insurance plan to reduce the premium of the car insurance.
About Car Insurance for Datsun:
Datsun is a Japanese automobile manufacturer which retails entry-level car models in the Indian market. Datsun cars are targeted towards first-time car buyers who do not want to spend a bomb to own their first car. Datsun retails two entry-level hatchbacks and one MPV in the country. All three models are affordable, and the cost of ownership is also on the lower side. Another advantage of Datsun cars is the fuel-efficient engine.
Now, when you buy your first car, you are usually extra careful, so that you won’t end up damaging the car. Even a small dent or scratches can cause a lot of inconvenience for a new car owner. No matter how careful you are, damages tend to happen given the chaotic Indian road conditions. That’s when vehicle insurance becomes crucial. As per law, purchasing third-party vehicle insurance is mandatory, but it provides only limited coverage.
Third-party car insurance will provide third-party liability coverage. If you end up damaging third-party property in an accident, the insurer will bear the cost of damage. Similarly, if you injure a third-party, the insurance plan will cover the medical expenses. A third-party insurance plan does not provide Own Damage cover. Whereas, a comprehensive insurance plan provides third-party and Own Damage cover.
Comprehensive car insurance for your Datsun car will provide coverage against damage to the vehicle. The damage might be due to an accident, natural disaster, fire outbreak or man-made disaster. Apart from that, the comprehensive insurance plan also covers injury/accidental death of the driver. You can also buy add-ons to expand the coverage of the comprehensive car insurance policy. Buying car insurance for your Datsun car will give you financial security and peace of mind.
Why should you buy Datsun Cars?
The main USP (Unique Selling Proposition) of Datsun cars is the value for money they offer. Yes, Datsun cars are affordable, but at the same time, they also feature a stylish exterior design and modern features on the interior. With the new safety regulations, Datsun cars have a good build quality for the price it demands. The after-sales and service network is spread across the country, and you will not have a problem finding a Datsun service centre in India.
Datsun offers three models in the Indian market: Redi Go, Go and Go+. All three models are equipped with powerful and fuel-efficient engines. Datsun cars are also available with automatic gearbox options: CVT (Continuously Variant Transmission) and AMT (Automated Manual Transmission). Automatic gearboxes will make the driving experience better in urban conditions. The compact dimensions of the cars will be an advantage for new car owners as it is easy to manoeuvre and park in tight spots.
The interior of the Datsun cars is loaded with modern features such as a touchscreen display for the infotainment system, multi-information display on the instrument console, electrically operated windows, black fabric seat upholstery and carbon fibre inserts. The Datsun models also come with safety features such as airbags for driver and front passenger, anti-lock braking system, vehicle dynamic control, brake assist, electronic brake distribution, rear parking sensors and front seat belt reminders. If you are looking for an affordable car with a decent amount of features, then Datsun will be a good choice.
Exterior Highlights of Datsun Cars:
- Large honeycomb front grille with chrome surroundings.
- LED daytime running lights on the bumper.
- Sporty diamond-cut alloy wheels.
- Stylish headlights with floor-me-home function.
- LED taillight and a roof-mounted spoiler.
Interior Highlights of Datsun Cars:
- Premium all-black theme for dashboard and interior.
- Touchscreen display for the infotainment system.
- Multi-information display on the instrument console.
- Anti-fatigue seats with black fabric upholstery.
- AC vents and connectivity ports such as USB and AUX.
Datsun Models with Variants and Ex-Showroom Price:
Refer to the following tables for Datsun models and specifications:
Datsun Redi Go Specifications:
|Power||53.6 Bhp||67 Bhp|
|Transmission||5-Speed Manual Gearbox||5-Speed Manual/AMT Gearbox|
|Boot Space||222 Litre (514 Litre with seats folded)||222 Litre (514 Litre with seats folded)|
|Fuel Tank||28 Litre||28 Litre|
|ARAI-Certified Mileage||20.71 kmpl||21.7 kmpl (Manual)|
22 kmpl (AMT)
Datsun GO Specifications:
|Power||67 Bhp||76.4 Bhp|
|Transmission||5-Speed Manual Gearbox||CVT Gearbox|
|Boot Space||265 Litre||265 Litre|
|Fuel Tank||35 Litre||35 Litre|
|ARAI-Certified Mileage||19.02 kmpl||19.59kmpl|
Datsun Go+ Specifications:
|Power||67 Bhp||76.4 Bhp|
|Transmission||5-Speed Manual Gearbox||CVT Gearbox|
|Boot Space||347 Litre||347 Litre|
|Fuel Tank||35 Litre||35 Litre|
|ARAI-Certified Mileage||19.72 kmpl||19.41kmpl|
Below are the Datsun car variants and ex-showroom price:
Datsun Redi Go Variants and Ex-Showroom Price:
|Datsun Redi Go||Petrol||D||Rs. 2.83 Lakh|
|Petrol||A||Rs. 3.58 Lakh|
|Petrol||T||Rs. 3.8 Lakh|
|Petrol||T(O) - 0.8-Litre||Rs. 4.16 Lakh|
|Petrol||T(O) - 1-Litre||Rs. 4.44 Lakh|
|Petrol||T(O) - 1-Litre AMT||Rs. 4.77 Lakh|
Datsun Go Variants and Ex-Showroom Price:
|Datsun Go||Petrol||D||Rs. 3.99 Lakh|
|Petrol||A||Rs. 4.95 Lakh|
|Petrol||A Optional||Rs. 5.35 Lakh|
|Petrol||T||Rs. 5.7 Lakh|
|Petrol||T Optional||Rs. 5.9 Lakh|
|Petrol||T CVT||Rs. 6.25 Lakh|
|Petrol||T Optional CVT||Rs. 6.45 Lakh|
Datsun GO+ Variants and Ex-Showroom Price:
|Datsun Go+||Petrol||D||Rs. 4.2 Lakh|
|Petrol||A||Rs. 5.1 Lakh|
|Petrol||A Optional||Rs. 5.66 Lakh|
|Petrol||T||Rs. 6 Lakh|
|Petrol||T Optional||Rs. 6.26 Lakh|
|Petrol||T CVT||Rs. 6.7 Lakh|
|Petrol||T Optional CVT||Rs. 6.9 Lakh|
Note: All prices are ex-showroom Delhi as of 9 October 2020
Benefits of buying car insurance for Datsun Cars:
Purchasing third-party car insurance is mandatory as per the Motor Vehicles Act. A comprehensive car insurance policy is optional, but it provides enhanced coverage benefits. Below are the benefits of buying car insurance for Datsun cars:
- Own Damage Cover: A comprehensive insurance for Datsun cars will provide coverage against damage to the insured vehicle. Accidental damage, damage due to natural disaster and damage due to man-made disasters are covered under the comprehensive insurance policy. Apart from that, the comprehensive insurance plan also covers injury/accidental death of the driver.
- Third-Party Liability Cover: A third-party/comprehensive car insurance will provide third-party liability coverage. The car insurance policy will cover damages to the third-party property and injury/accidental death of the third-party.
- Theft/Loss Cover: A comprehensive insurance policy will provide coverage against the theft/loss of the insured vehicle. If the insured vehicle is stolen or gets totaled in a crash, the insurer will pay the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the vehicle.
- Add-on Covers: A comprehensive car insurance policy will allow you to purchase add-on covers to expand the coverage benefits. You can buy add-ons such as zero depreciation cover, invoice cover, engine protection cover, passenger cover, roadside assistance cover, etc. to expand the scope of coverage.