Kurnool is the 5th largest city of Andhra Pradesh and is the judicial capital of the state. The city is considered as the gateway of Rayalaseema. The city has been inhabited for over a thousand years and has developed to a modern city in recent times. The increase in population has led to a spurt in traffic due to the rise in the number of vehicles. The transport system in Kurnool is managed by the Regional Transport Office (RTO) and is responsible for executing the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act. RTO offices in Kurnool are engaged in various responsibilities such as issuing Permanent Driving Licence (DL), registering private and commercial vehicles, among others. Read on to learn about the functions of the RTO in Kurnool and its contact details.
- Kurnool RTO Code: Office Address & Contact Number
- Kurnool RTO, Andhra Pradesh AP-21: Contact Number
- RTO Fees in Kurnool:
- Functions of Kurnool RTO:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Kurnool RTO Code: Office Address & Contact Number
The Regional Transport Offices across the nation are identified by the RTO Code. It contains the State code and the respective RTO’s code. For Kurnool, the State code is ‘AP’ and the RTO code is ‘21’. Put together completes the RTO code of Kurnool, which is AP-21. The code helps the transport department identify from where the vehicle was registered or from where the Driving Licence was issued. The RTO offers various services through online, while main functions such as driving test, granting DL, registering a vehicle, one needs to visit the RTO office. Below are the contact details of the Kurnool RTO:
Kurnool RTO, Andhra Pradesh AP-21: Contact Number
|Office Address||Regional Transport Office, Kurnool, RTO office road, Thandrapadu, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh – 518002|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Office Timings||10 AM – 5 PM|
RTO Fees in Kurnool:
People living in Kurnool can avail services such as obtaining Learner’s Licence (LL), Driving Licence (DL), Registration Certificate (RC), Fitness Certificate (FC), among others from the RTO in Kurnool. Each of these services is charged a fee by the RTO. Below are the fees in RTO Kurnool:
Driving Licence Fees
Below are the fees related to services on driving licences in Kurnool RTO:
|Types of Services||Fee (Rs.)|
|Apply for a Learner’s Licence (LL)||150|
|Test or a repeat test for LL||50|
|Repeat test for LL for each class of vehicles||300|
|Apply for a Driving Licence (DL)||200|
|Renewal of driving licence||200|
|Renewal of DL post the grace period||300 (Additional 1,000 for each extra year)|
|Add a new class of vehicles to the DL||500|
|Apply for an international DL||1,000|
|Request for residential address change in driving licence||200|
Kurnool RTO Registration Charges
Below are the fees for the registration of different types of vehicles in Kurnool RTO:
|Vehicle Type||Fees (Issue/Renewal) Rs.|
|Medium goods/passenger vehicles||1000|
|Heavy goods/passenger vehicles||1500|
|Duplicate RC for all types of vehicles||50% of the above-mentioned fees|
|Change of vehicle ownership|
|Request for a change in the residential address in RC|
|Request for changes in the RC|
|Approval/termination of hypothecation||Two-wheelers/bikes/scooters - 500|
|Quadricycles/three-wheeler/four-wheeler - 1,500|
|Medium or Heavy vehicles - 3,000|
Fitness Certificate (FC) Charges
|Type of Service||Fee (Rs.)|
|Test for FC (Issue/Renew)||Two-Wheelers: Automated – 400; Manual – 200 |
Quadricycles/three-wheeler/four-wheeler vehicles: Automated – 600; Manual – 400
Medium/Heavy vehicles: Automated – 1,000; Manual – 600
|Issue or renew the FC||200 (Additional Rs. 50 for extra day)|
|Grant or renewal of Letter of Authority (LoA)||15,000|
|Issue LoA (Duplicate)||7,500|
Permit Charges (Transport Vehicles)
Below are the RTO permit charges in Kurnool:
|Types of Vehicles||Temporary/Special Permit Fee (Rs.)|
|Omnibuses or Private Service Vehicles (PSVs)|
|Types of Vehicles||Permit Fee (Rs.)|
|Goods vehicles (National Permit)||1000|
|Contract carriage (13+ seats)||5000|
|PSVs - Less than 13 seats||2000|
|PSVs (13+ seats)||3000|
|Educational institutions/school buses: Less than 13 seats||2000|
|Educational institution/school buses: (13+seats)||3000|
Also, read: RTO New Vehicle Registration Process
Functions of Kurnool RTO:
The Regional Transport Office in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh is mainly involved in issuing driver and vehicle-related documents such as driving licences, registration certificates, permits for transport vehicles, fitness certificates for both private and transport vehicles. Apart from issuing legal transport documents, they are also involved in other administrative services. Below are the main functions of the RTO in Kurnool:
- Grant Permanent Driving Licences: To drive a car or to ride a motorcycle in India, you need to hold a valid driving licence. The RTO in Kurnool accepts application for the issue of Learner’s Licence (LL), Permanent Driving Licence (DL) as well as International Driving Licence. Applicants can approach the Kurnool RTO to avail these services by paying a nominal fee.
- Approve Changes/Alterations to Residential Address in DL: Applicants can approach the RTO in Kurnool to make changes or alterations to their driving licence by submitting relevant documents to support your claim.
- Grant Duplicate DL: In case the DL is damaged or lost, applicants can obtain a duplicate driving licence by submitting the required documents and upon payment of the fees.
Conduct Driving Tests: To grant a Learner’s Licence or a Driving Licence, applicants have to clear the driving test held by the RTO.
- Grant Registration Certificate (RC): The Kurnool RTO issues RC for both private and transport/passenger vehicles to ply on Indian roads.
- Grant Ownership Transfer: The RTO issues new RC to transfer the ownership of the vehicle. This is for both private and transport vehicles.
- Grant Duplicate RC: In case the RC is lost or damaged, applicants can obtain a duplicate RC from the Kurnool RTO by submitting relevant documents and payment of the prescribed fees.
- Approve Change of Address: Applicants can get the address changed in their RC. The RTO in Kurnool will approve the changes based on the submitted documents.
- Grant No Objection Certificate (NOC): Applicants can obtain NOC for registering their vehicles at another RTO. A NOC is mandatory while changing RTOs.
- Grant Trade Certificate: A trade certificate is issued to vehicle dealers for the purpose of trade within the RTO’s jurisdiction.
- Grant Fitness Certificate (FC): The Kurnool RTO issues FCs to private and transport vehicles. Applicants can even renew the FC at the Kurnool RTO.
- Grant Permits for Transport Vehicles: From temporary, regular, national and state permits, applicants can approach the RTO to issue the required permits.
- Approve or Terminate Hypothecation: The RTO in Kurnool approves or terminates hypothecation/lease/hire purchase of vehicles.
- Services to Diplomatic Vehicles: The RTO takes care of all services related to diplomatic vehicles plying on Indian roads.
- Collection of Road Taxes: The RTO is responsible for collecting road taxes from private and transport vehicles.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Following are answers to some common queries about the functions of the Regional Transport Office in India:
You can appear for the test the next day itself by paying the prescribed fees at the RTO.
You can apply for a driving licence to ride a motorcycle with gear upon attaining the age of 18 years. This is also the criteria to get a permanent driving licence to drive cars.
The turnaround time for the RTO to deliver the permanent DL depends on the speed post since the RTO sends the DL through speed post to the registered mailing address of the applicant.
There is a grace period of 30 days from the time of expiry to renew the DL. However, you can still renew it after the grace period by paying the required fee. To renew your expired driving licence, visit the Kurnool RTO with relevant documents, pay the required fees and get your permanent driving licence renewed.
Following are the scenarios when the RTO will grant a duplicate DL:
>In case the DL is damaged.
>If the DL is lost.
>In case the DL is completely unreadable.
>In case the photo on the DL is not completely viewable.
Other Popular RTO Offices in India:
|RTO Offices in Chennai||RTO Offices in Bengaluru|
|RTO Offices in Hyderabad||RTO Offices in Mumbai|
|RTO Offices in Delhi||RTO Offices in Ahmedabad|
|RTO Offices in Pune||RTO Offices in Kolkata|
- How to Apply for an International Driving License
- The Significance of RTO for a Car Owner
- How to Get Temporary Vehicle Registration Number
Read informative RTO Articles at Acko.
Having a vehicle insurance policy helps protect against damages to your vehicle under various circumstances. Stay upto date with the latest Car Insurance Articles and Two Wheeler Insurance Articles here.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.