Whether you own a private four-wheeler or a commercial truck, vehicles purchased in Roorkee need to be registered at the Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Roorkee. This can be done by your representative such as an agent or vehicle dealer on your behalf. Besides, an RTO performs several other functions apart from registering vehicles and issuing Registration Certificates (RC). An RTO’s prominent functions include managing tasks related to Driving Licenses and Permits as well.
If you need contact information about Roorkee RTO, then you will be able to find it by going through this article. Read ahead for more information about contacting RTO/ARTO Roorkee and know about its fees and functions.
- Roorkee RTO Code: Office Address & Contact Number:
- Roorkee RTO, Uttarakhand UK-17 – Contact Number:
- Office of Transport Commissioner:
- RTO Fees in Roorkee:
- RTO Roorkee Performance Standard:
- Functions of Roorkee RTO:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Roorkee RTO Code: Office Address & Contact Number:
As per a government notification on 12 September 2013, the Governor of Uttarakhand had taken a decision regarding allotting registering code to sub-regional transport offices. Technically, Roorkee is a sub-regional transport office that falls under the Regional Transport Office of Dehradun. As per the notification, Roorkee’s registering code is UK 17, wherein UK stands for Uttarakhand. Another government notification dated 29 September 2014 gave Roorkee a temporary registration mark of UKP.
Roorkee RTO, Uttarakhand UK-17 – Contact Number:
Here’s the contact information of the Roorkee RTO. The table features details such as Roorkee RTO’s code, contact number, and email ID.
|RTO Name and code||Uttarakhand UK-17|
|Contact Number of officer (TTO-1)||01332-276767|
Office of Transport Commissioner:
Information about the main transport office in Uttarakhand.
RTO Fees in Roorkee:
This section is about RTO fees in Roorkee. Note that the information about the RTO fees is taken from Uttarakhand’s State Transport Website and is subject to change.
1) Driving License Fees
Here’s a table with Driving License fees in Roorkee.
|Task||Fees in INR|
|Charges for availing an IDP or an International Driving Permit||1000|
|Charges for availing a Learner’s License (LL)||150|
|Charges for availing a DL||200|
|Payable fees for a LL test||50|
|Payable fees for DL renewal||200|
|License to a driving school||10000|
|Fees to avail a Driving test||300|
|Duplicate licence to a driving school||5000|
|Including another class of vehicle in DL||500|
|Change of address in DL||200|
2) Roorkee RTO Registration Charges
Here’s a table that highlights the RTO charges for registering a vehicle at the office.
|Type of Vehicle||Fees in INR|
|Charges for an Invalid Carriage||20|
|A light motor vehicle (non-transport category)||200|
|A light motor vehicle used in a commercial activity||300|
|A medium-sized passenger vehicle||400|
|A heavy-sized passenger vehicle||600|
|A motorcycle which is imported||200|
|A motorcycle which is not imported||60|
|A medium-sized goods vehicle||400|
|A heavy-sized goods vehicle||600|
|Modifications to Registration Certificate (RC)||50|
|Motor vehicles that are imported||800|
3) Fees for Trade Certificate
Here’s a table showcasing the fees for a Trade Certificate (TC).
|Task||Fees in INR|
|Invalid Carriage TC||50|
|Renewal of TC||50|
4) Fitness Certificate Charges
The fees related to Fitness Certificate are mentioned below.
|Type of Vehicle||Fees in INR|
|The test charges in case of a two-wheeler or a three-wheeler vehicle||100|
|The test charges in case of a light motor vehicle||200|
|The test charges in case of a medium vehicle||300|
|The test charges for a heavy vehicle||400|
|Issue/Renewal of Certificate of Fitness for Motor Vehicle||100|
|Renewal of Letter of Authority||5000|
|An Appeal under Rule 70||400|
5) Permit Charges
Here’s a table with the permit charges.
|Permit||Fees in INR|
|First 3 days||360|
|After 3 days till the end of the week||360|
|After the first week||360|
|Change in the type of vehicle||220|
|Taxi/tempo/rickshaw for one region||900|
|Taxi/tempo/rickshaw for full country||1800|
|Contract Carriage (apart from Motor Cab) (for the entire country)||7200 + 500|
|Contract Carriage (apart from Motor Cab) (for entire state)/ Counter Signature||7200|
|Motor Cab (one region)||900|
|Motor Cab (entire state)||1800|
|Motor Cab (entire India)||3000 + 500|
|Maxi Cab (entire state)||3600|
|Maxi Cab (entire India)||3600 + 500|
|Stage Carriage/Counter Signature||5800|
RTO Roorkee Performance Standard:
Please contact the RTO for exact turnaround time. Short-term tasks such as availing duplicate copies should take less time than long-term tasks such as applying for a first-time Driving License as that involves issuing a Learner’s License, followed by a driving test.
The turnaround time can depend upon the following factors:
- Nature of the task.
- Public holidays.
- Availability of concerned officers and concerned members across departments for complex tasks.
- Whether guidelines regarding RTO forms are met or not.
- Whether guidelines regarding relevant document submissions are met or not.
- Technological support in case of tasks that are dependent on technological intervention.
- Specific requirements such as the passing of the driving test in case of DL application.
Also, read: RTO New Vehicle Registration Process
Functions of Roorkee RTO:
The major functions of the Regional Transport Office in Roorkee or an equivalent office in the state of Uttarakhand assigned to handle the Roorkee area are as follows.
- Issue DLs after performing driving tests of applicants.
- Renewing the DLs after conducting due process.
- Registering new vehicles and issuing a Registration Certificate (RC).
- Making changes in the RC when it comes to the sale of a vehicle from one owner to another.
- Renewing RC after following due process.
- Issuing documents such as Trade Certificate and Fitness certificate as per the type of vehicle in exchange for the payable charges.
- Deal with hypothecation request by the applicant regarding vehicle purchased on loan.
- Assist other authorities in setting up check posts along the state border and other areas.
- Issue duplicate copies of important documents such as DLs and RCs.
- Issue an International Driving Permit.
- Collection of road tax as per the law.
- Make changes in the DL concerning adding a class of vehicle.
- Handle tasks related to Commercial Driving License.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here’s a section focussing on common RTO queries and their answers.
The Motor Vehicles Act and The Central Motor Vehicles Rules are two prominent legal acts that need to be referred to concerning RTOs and vehicles.
Here’s a list of documents that need to be submitted for successful vehicle registration at the RTO:
1. Form-20, Form 21, and Form 22
2. Insurance document
3. Address proof
4. Temporary registration, if any
5. Form-A as per the Taxation Act, 1997
6. Fees stated as per Rule 81
Note that registration is usually taken care of by the vehicle dealer.
To make a change in the RC, you will need the RTO form 33.
You can find the guidelines for reflector tapes on Uttarakhand’s Transport Department’s Website.
Yes, you need an affidavit for such kind of authorization.
Other Popular RTO Offices in India:
|RTO Offices in Chennai||RTO Offices in Bengaluru|
|RTO Offices in Hyderabad||RTO Offices in Mumbai|
|RTO Offices in Delhi||RTO Offices in Ahmedabad|
|RTO Offices in Pune||RTO Offices in Kolkata|
- How to Apply for an International Driving License
- The Significance of RTO for a Car Owner
- How to Get Temporary Vehicle Registration Number
Read informative RTO Articles at Acko.
Having a vehicle insurance policy helps protect against damages to your vehicle under various circumstances. Stay upto date with the latest Car Insurance Articles and Two Wheeler Insurance Articles here.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.