Health insurance is very helpful when a person faces a medical emergency. It helps you pay the hospital bills and you don’t have to worry about arranging for or using your saved money. Health insurance can be one of the most helpful gifts you can buy for yourself or a loved one this Christmas and New Year. Especially when we have faced the wrath of a pandemic. This article will show how you can celebrate Christmas and New Year with Health Insurance Coverage.
- Reasons Why You Need Health Insurance this New Year and Christmas:
- How to Celebrate Christmas and New Year Safely During Covid-19?
- Healthy Ways to Celebrate Christmas and New Year:
- Celebrate Within a Budget:
- Why Do You Need COVID-19 Health Insurance Coverage?
- Importance of Health Insurance:
- Things to Remember:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Reasons Why You Need Health Insurance this New Year and Christmas:
Health insurance provides a host of useful coverages if you buy a policy that is most suitable to you and the family’s needs. The insurance company can be a friend in need during a medical emergency. Under the terms and conditions of most Health Insurance companies, you will be covered for treatment before, during, and after you get hospitalized. Small procedures which require less than 24 hours of hospitalization, for example, Cataract surgery, dialysis, tonsillitis, etc. are also covered.
Additionally, any approved medical treatment availed at home, teleconsultations, organ donation expenses, ambulance charges, dental treatment due to an accident, cosmetic surgery due to an accident, AYUSH benefits, maternity and childbirth, health insurance for the newborn baby, and more, can be covered under the policy. Thus, you need health insurance and New Year and Christmas seems like one of the best times to secure your finances.
How to Celebrate Christmas and New Year Safely During Covid-19?
Christmas and New Year are joyful times of the year, and we simply love to celebrate them with friends and family. The usual way of celebrating at an event is to invite people over and throw a party. But the world is under a health crisis and the COVID-19 pandemic has its lingering effects on us. Here are a few ways in which you can still keep the spirits up and celebrate Christmas and New Year:
- Instead of inviting a lot of people, consider keeping the guest list to the minimum. A close circle of friends and the dearest family members should make up the list. This will also help you comply with government regulations related to the number of people allowed at an event.
- Book external venues and go for a small party outside. Don’t forget to place a special request to sanitize the frequently touched surface before and after the party at the venue.
- If you choose to celebrate at home, sanitize any party items that are bought from outside with a sanitizer that has at least 60% alcohol. Things like plastic packaging, cardboard boxes, etc. can contain the virus. Thoroughly sanitize any items of decoration as well. Especially the Christmas tree if it was on display at the shop.
- Request your guests to follow all safety measures when they arrive at your house. Install hand sanitizers at various places like the entrance of the house, the kitchen, the washroom, party area, etc. Request your guests to wear a mask and wash their hands for at least 20 seconds when they arrive.
- Ensure that the venue (both outside or at home) has a good ventilation system in place.
- Keep the music to the minimum to discourage people from shouting. Avoid karaoke at the party.
- Take care of the pets in the house. Ensure minimum contact with guests who may have been previously infected.
Healthy Ways to Celebrate Christmas and New Year:
Most people let themselves loose in terms of unhealthy habits during the holiday season. You tend to just let it go when “it feels like Christmas”. But going overboard can have a dramatic effect on your health. This is the time when you need to hold yourself a little when it comes to your eating, drinking and smoking habits.
Consider keeping the alcohol levels to the minimum when at a party. Continuous ingestion can have bad short terms as well as long term effects on one’s health.
Do not drink and drive. It can prove to be fatal for you and for anyone else on the road.
Avoid smoking when consuming alcohol. The combined effect this has on your health can be extreme. Ensure that you are eating well when drinking. Consuming alcohol on an empty stomach can result in hyperacidity and headaches.
Avoid too much oily food, for example, deep-fried Indian starters. They are highly tempting and thus, keep the portion size to a minimum. Basically, avoid overeating in the holiday season. And if you are not drinking then eat only when you are truly hungry.
Follow a detox diet after a party. Begin your day with fresh fruit juices and raw vegetables. Drink plenty of water, as it will cleanse your system of any remnants of the last-night party. Eat meals that are rich in fibre.
Celebrate Within a Budget:
Celebrating on a budget is a great idea to have all the fun without spending a lot of money. This could be ideal in today’s situation where people are facing a financial crisis and may not be able to pitch in for a huge party. Here are tips to celebrate Christmas and New Year on a budget:
- Keep the guest list to the minimum. Invite only those people who truly matter to you and your family.
- Avoid booking a special venue for the party. Consider inviting people to your house.
- Cook food at home. This can be less expensive as compared to ordering from outside.
- Consider organising potlucks. This is where your guests can help with the food. Request your guests to bring one food item enough for everyone at the party.
- Consider minimum decorations and the ones that can be reused.
Why Do You Need COVID-19 Health Insurance Coverage?
We are in the middle of a full-fledged pandemic. Even if you take precautionary measures, there are chances that you might get infected. The cost of treating COVID-19 could significantly drain your savings and may as well demand more money for treatment as the virus can spread easily from one family member to another. COVID-19 Health Insurance Coverage can provide a helping hand during this time. COVID-19 health insurance provides coverage for hospitalization, at-home treatment, AYUSH benefit, pre and post hospitalization, etc. You can choose a COVID-19 family health insurance plan or a separate cover for yourself to get financial help if you or your family tests positive for Coronavirus.
Importance of Health Insurance:
Health insurance is an ultimate financial back up when you face a medical emergency. Be it from an unpredictable accident or an illness. Health insurance ensures that you receive timely treatment at a quality health care facility and thus you recover at a faster rate. Without adequate insurance coverage, a person would have to use the savings or arrange money to clear medical bills. This could further delay availing treatment and the medical issue can escalate. Thus, health insurance is highly important to secure your finances and ensure treatment in a timely manner irrespective of the pandemic.
Things to Remember:
Here are a few things to remember from the above article:
- Christmas and New year are amazing times of the year. However, be cautious while celebrating, especially with loved ones.
- Take care of your health during the holiday season as one may ignore their health while celebrating.
- Budget parties are equally fun and you can arrange them this Christmas and New year.
- Special health insurance for COVID-19 will take care of you and your family financially.
- Health insurance can be highly valuable to secure your savings and avail proper treatment during a medical crisis.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here are a few commonly asked questions:
If your health insurance policy is expiring this Christmas, then you can renew it by getting in touch with the insurance company. If the policy is available online, you can visit the insurance company’s website, look for suitable cover, read the terms and conditions, and make payment to receive a renewed health insurance policy.
The major difference between Individual and Family Floater health insurance plans is that the former will offer insurance coverage only to the policyholder and the latter will extend the covers to the policyholder’s family as well.
Yes, as per new rules one can buy more than one health insurance plan and can create a full-fledged health insurance portfolio. This ensures maximum financial back during a medical emergency.
The cost of your health insurance policy will depend on your health, lifestyle, type of health insurance chosen, and add-on covers. The cost of the policy also depends upon the number of insured members covered under the plan. More the coverages and insured persons more will be the cost of the health insurance policy.
No, even if you are financially covered with a COVID-19 health insurance policy, the risk associated with the diseases is not worth taking. Plus, you are exposing people in a large group to an equal risk, and they might not be covered under a COVID-19 health insurance plan.
Read informative Health Insurance Articles at Acko.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.