Hyundai is one of the popular automobile brands in India, and it has launched some exciting cars in the market. With the pollution going beyond safe levels, electric cars are said to be the future of mobility. On these lines, Hyundai launched the Kona electric SUV in India in 2019. Hyundai Kona is India’s first fully-electric SUV. If you own the Kona electric vehicle and are looking to buy a car insurance policy, then read on till the end. This article will provide all the information related to Hyundai Kona insurance cost.
What’s Covered in Hyundai Kona Insurance (Inclusions):
Hyundai Kona car insurance policy will cover you against the following:
- Damage to third-party property or life.
- Damage to the car due to accident/collision.
- Damage to the car due to a fire outbreak.
- Theft of the insured car.
- Damage to the car due to natural disasters such as flood, earthquake, cyclone, etc.
- Damage to the car due to man-made calamities such as riots.
(Note: Only a comprehensive car insurance policy provides own damage cover)
Exclusions of Hyundai Kona Car Insurance:
Hyundai Kona insurance will not cover you against the following:
- Damage to the car due to mechanical/electrical breakdown.
- Improper handling of the car after a collision/accident.
- Depreciation cost of the vehicle.
- Damage to the car due to reckless driving.
- Driving the car without a valid Driving License.
- Driving the car under the influence of alcohol/intoxicant substances.
- Repair/replacement of regular wear and tear parts.
Benefits of Buying Acko Car Insurance Policy for your Hyundai Kona Car:
Below are the benefits of buying Acko car insurance for your Hyundai Kona:
You can buy/renew car insurance and also apply for claims online. All the processes are online and there is zero paperwork.
Quick Claim Settlements
You can make a claim online, and depending on the nature of the damage the claim will be settled. If the damage is minor, the claims are instantly settled,
Acko will provide you with the best car insurance price online by suggesting you the optimum IDV for your car. You can also compare the third-party and comprehensive plan and available add-ons.
You will get expert advice related to car insurance. Trained professionals will assist you in buying/renewing car insurance or while making a claim.
Car Insurance Plans for Hyundai Kona:
There are two types of car insurance plans for Hyundai Kona: Third-Party and Comprehensive insurance. Below are the coverage benefits of both the insurance plans:
Third-Party Car Insurance
Third-party car insurance provides coverage against damage to third-party property or life. If you own a car, third-party liability insurance is mandatory as per law.
Comprehensive Car Insurance
The comprehensive insurance plan provides additional coverage along with third-party damage cover. Comprehensive car insurance will cover damage to your vehicle and injury to the driver/accidental death of the driver. You can also purchase add-ons to expand the coverage benefits.
Add-ons for Hyundai Kona Car Insurance:
You can buy add-ons if you opt for comprehensive car insurance. Below are the add-ons for Hyundai Kona insurance:
- No Claim Bonus cover
- Depreciation Cost cover
- Return to Invoice cover
- Roadside Assistance cover
- Consumables cover
- Personal Accident cover
- Loss/Theft of car keys cover
Follow the below steps to apply for a claim at Acko General Insurance:
- Visit the website or download the smartphone app.
- Choose the car insurance claim option.
- Enter basic details such as insurance policy number, vehicle registration number, type of damage, etc.
- Upload pictures of your damaged car.
- The damaged car will be picked up from your location for repair works.
- Track the repairs online on the website/app.
- The repaired vehicle will be dropped off within three days.
- For minor damages, you will get an instant settlement.
(Note: Vehicle pickup/drop and repair service is available in select cities)
Car Insurance for Other Hyundai Models/Variants:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Below are the common queries related to Hyundai Kona electric car insurance:
You can go for online car insurance if you are looking for the best price. Buying car insurance online allows you to compare insurances and make the right choice. Usually, online insurance companies will provide you with the best price as there is no middleman and also no paperwork involved.
The cost of insurance depends on the value of the vehicle, it doesn’t matter if it’s an electric or internal combustion vehicle. The insurance premium will depend on the condition and the purchase value of the car.
Yes, you can purchase add-ons for Kona car insurance, provided you have a comprehensive insurance policy. You can buy add-ons such as no claim bonus cover, depreciation cost cover, roadside assistance cover, consumables cover, passenger cover and invoice cover.
You will require the following document to renew Hyundai Kona insurance:
>The previous insurance policy certificate
>Pollution Under control (PUC) certificate
The time taken for claim settlement for Hyundai Kona depends on the insurance company. Usually, online insurance companies will offer quick claim settlement as there is zero paperwork, and the entire process can be completed online.
About Car Insurance for Hyundai Kona:
Hyundai Kona is India’s first electric SUV, and the company has taken a bold step by launching an eco-friendly SUV in the country. Electric vehicles are the future of mobility, but the EV segment in India is still in a nascent stage. The Kona electric SUV is loaded with features, and the performance is adequate for daily city runs. Except for the electric powertrain, the Kona is similar to any other conventional SUVs in the market.
Hyundai Kona is a premium product, and it carries a hefty price tag owing to its EV drivetrain. Buying car insurance is a must for a vehicle such as Kona. The drivetrain is very complicated with motors, a battery pack and other electrical components. So, any damage to the electric drivetrain could burn a hole in your pocket. Car insurance will cover you against such damages. Buying car insurance online is an easy and simple process, and it comes with several coverage benefits.
Third-party car insurance will provide third-party liability coverage. Damages to third-party property and life are covered in this insurance plan. However, the coverage is limited to third-party. If you opt for a comprehensive insurance policy, it provides you third-party cover and own damage cover. Damage to the vehicle due to accident, natural disaster, man-made calamity and fire are covered in this insurance plan. Comprehensive insurance will also provide coverage against injury to the driver, theft of the vehicle or in case the vehicle is destroyed in a crash. Buying car insurance will provide you with financial protection and give you peace of mind.
Why should you buy a Hyundai Kona?
Gone are the days when electric vehicles used to look like aliens on the road. The modern EVs are stylish and offer optimum performance. Hyundai Kona electric is also a stylish SUV and packs a punch when it comes to performance. Except for the electric powertrain, the Kona is similar to any other conventional SUVs in the market. The main USP (Unique Selling Proposition) of the Kona is its low running cost when compared to an internal combustion engine SUV.
One of the most important factors while buying an electric vehicle is its driving range. Hyundai Kona offers an impressive driving range of 452km on a full charge. The electric SUV also comes with driving modes for the performance enthusiasts. The Sport mode delivers a thrilling driving experience, and the SUV can accelerate from 0-100km/h in just 9.7 seconds. When it comes to performance, the Kona electric SUV is capable of competing with the IC (Internal Combustion) engine powered SUVs.
The battery pack is one of the crucial components of any electric vehicle. The Hyundai Kona comes with a battery warranty of 8 years or 1,60,000km (whichever comes first), and Hyundai also offers a standard warranty of up to 5 years for the SUV. The battery can be charged in just over 6 hours with a standard AC charger. Kona also supports fast-charging, and it can be charged in 57 minutes with a DC charging unit. Below are the exterior, interior and safety features of Hyundai Kona electric SUV:
Hyundai Kona Exterior Features
- Split LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- Unique closed front grille
- Charging port at the front with charge level indicator LEDs
- Alloy wheels
- Outside Rear View Mirrors (ORVM) with integrated turn indicators
- LED tail lights
- Rear fog lamps
- Rear spoiler with a high-mount stoplight
- Skid plate
- Roof rails
- Black cladding running across the body
Hyundai Kona Interior Features
- Touchscreen display for the infotainment system
- Digital instrument console
- Leather treatment for the steering wheel and seats
- Sporty metal pedals
- Electrically adjustable driver seat with lumbar support
- Ventilated and heated front seats
- 60:40 split-folding rear seats
- Front/Rear speakers and front tweeters
- Audio controls on the steering wheel
- Electrically operated windows
- Wireless smartphone charger
- Paddle shifters for Regenerative Braking adjustments
- Engine start/stop button
Hyundai Kona Safety Features
- 6 airbags (Driver, passenger, front-seat side-impact and curtain airbags)
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitor System)
- Disc brakes on all four wheels
- Front seatbelt reminder
- Hill Assist Control
- Vehicle Management System
- Rear camera and rear parking sensors
- Rear defogger
- ISOFIX child seat mounts
- High-Speed alert system
- Child lock (central lock)
Specifications, Variants and Ex-Showroom Price of Hyundai Kona:
Below are the specifications, variants and ex-showroom price of the Hyundai Kona electric SUV:
Hyundai Kona Specifications:
|Electric Motor||Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
|Battery Capacity||39.2 kWh|
|AC Charging Time||6 Hours 10 Minutes (Approximate)|
|DC Charging Time||57 Minutes (Approximate)|
|Driving Range Per Full Charge||452km*|
Hyundai Kona Variants and Ex-Showroom Price:
|Hyundai Kona Electric Premium||Rs. 23.75 Lakh|
|Hyundai Kona Electric Premium Dual Tone||Rs. 23.94 Lakh|
Note: Prices are ex-showroom Delhi. Prices may vary with updates to the models.
Importance of buying car insurance for Hyundai Kona Model:
Hyundai Kona is an electric SUV, and all the components and spare parts are expensive when compared to a conventional SUV. Buying car insurance for Hyundai Kona is crucial as repair costs can run very high. Hyundai Kona car insurance will also provide you with third-party liability. Car insurance also comes with several add-on benefits which expand the coverage. Below are the benefits of buying car insurance for Hyundai Kona:
- Third-Party Liability Coverage: A third-party car insurance policy will cover you against damage to third-party property or life. The third-party policy will also cover the medical expenses of injured third-party. The comprehensive insurance plan also provides third-party coverage.
- Own Damage Cover: A comprehensive insurance policy will provide third-party and own damage cover. The insurance plan will cover damage to your car that occurred due to accident, fire, natural disaster and human-made disasters. The insurance plan also covers injuries to the driver. A comprehensive insurance policy for the Hyundai Kona will provide you with financial protection.
- Additional Coverage Benefits: When you buy a comprehensive car insurance policy for the Kona, you are eligible to purchase add-ons. You can expand the coverage benefits by purchasing add-ons such as depreciation cover, no claim bonus cover, invoice cover, roadside assistance cover, passenger cover, etc. The best part is that you can decide which add-on is relevant to you and choose accordingly for your Hyundai Kona. With the comprehensive car insurance, you will be financially covered in case of damage to your car or any injury to the driver or passenger.