The Indian COVID-19 lockdown is said to be the largest lockdown in history. No other country had ever declared a lockdown of this magnitude. As Indian citizens, we should do our best to follow the dos and don’ts of lockdown and break the Coronavirus chain. Having said that, it is also true that staying indoors for so long can be quite depressing. This is where lockdown survival tips will come in handy.
- What to do During Lockdown?
- Things to Avoid During Lockdown:
- COVID-19 Lockdown Survival Tips:
- When Will Lock Down End in India?
- Frequently Asked Questions:
What to do During Lockdown?
Here are things you should do during Coronavirus lockdown:
- Wash your hands frequently: One can reduce the chances of getting infected by Coronavirus by frequently washing their hands. This should be done especially after touching potentially contaminated surfaces like doorknobs, railing of a staircase, shop counters, packages, letters, etc. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as well.
- Maintain cleanliness of the house: It is important to clean and disinfect the house regularly. Normal household disinfectants like phenyl, or diluted bleach are effective against Coronavirus. Use a wipe or a mop dipped in a disinfecting solution to clean the floor, kitchen counters, etc. Make use of sanitizer sprays as well.
- Use face covers: It is essential to cover your face when stepping out of the house in case of an emergency. A face cover will help both, you and other people. Using a medical-grade face cover is not mandatory to protect yourself from COVID-19. Homemade face covers should suffice.
- Eat healthily: Eating a healthy diet will help maintain good health during the lockdown. You should take additional measures to eat nutritious food during this period. Include green leafy vegetables, nuts, whole grains, fruits, and fibre in your daily diet.
- Follow a routine: The COVID-19 lockdown is keeping everyone confined to their homes for a long time. Remaining in your house can get quite boring. Thus, try to follow a routine that will keep you busy no matter how redundant it feels.
Also, read: Coronavirus Helpline Number, India
Things to Avoid During Lockdown:
Here are things you should avoid doing during the COVID-19 lockdown:
- Don’t step out of the house: It is quite understandable that people were used to stepping out of the house for work, shopping, or casual strolls. Meeting friends and visiting family regularly was also a norm. However, it is necessary that now these things should be avoided. By staying home, the spread of COVID-19 disease can be avoided. Thus, unless it is an emergency do not step out of the house.
- Don’t panic: Recent events can be quite scary. With the number of COVID-19 cases increasing day by day, it is quite normal to feel anxious. Try to relax as panicking is not fruitful, on the contrary it can prove to be counter-productive. Remember that every dark cloud has a silvery lining and the Coronavirus pandemic will end soon.
- Don’t waste food or water: This is the time to conserve resources like food and water as only these will take us through the lockdown. Wasting food will only result in empty containers and you would need to step out to buy more. Avoiding the wastage of food will help you remain in the house for a longer time.
- Don’t share unverified news: With the internet and a large catalogue of news channels, a lot of unverified news is, unfortunately, being circulated regularly. Such news or rumours can lead to discouragement and panic among citizens. Avoid sharing anything that is not available on official sources.
- Don’t socialize: A lockdown requires you to remain indoors. Thus, socializing even with the people in the close proximity of your house (e.g. neighbours) is not a good idea. A person may not show symptoms but could still be infected and pass COVID-19 to other people.
COVID-19 Lockdown Survival Tips:
Keeping calm will help you sail through these tough times. You can additionally do the following things to peacefully survive the lockdown:
Keep in touch with your friends and family via phone calls and internet. This will help you achieve two goals – 1) you can know about their well-being. 2) it can be a great pastime.
Take Care of Your Mental and Physical Health:
Remaining confined to your house can take a toll on your mental and physical health, especially if you are an extrovert. Thus, take extra care of your mental and physical health.
Even if lockdown is imposed, people are allowed to visit a medical practitioners and seek help regarding any concerns even if they are unrelated to Coronavirus. If you face any issue regarding your health, you should seek immediate help.
Read Novels of Interesting Genres:
Reading novels is an excellent way of engaging in things that interest you. It is also a great pastime. You should also consider inculcating a new hobby that will help you remain happy and positive.
Arrange Special Treats for Weekends:
One could easily lose track of time under a lockdown. Each day may seem similar to the previous one. In this situation, differentiating weekends from weekdays will be refreshing. Arrange casual treats like carrom day, cooking day, cards day, etc. on weekends. Sky’s the limit!
Home workouts are a trend these days. Follow an exercise routine. If not, simply walk around in the house for a few minutes. Stand up and stretch if you are sitting for a long time. Consider doing yoga and stretching as well.
Your sleep pattern may get disturbed when you have a lot of time on your hand. Make it a point to get at least 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Less, or disturbed sleep will negatively impact your health.
Also, read: Ways To Remain Healthy During Social Distancing
When Will Lock Down End in India?
On 14 April 2020, Mr Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India announced an extension to the lockdown. Initially, it was scheduled till 14th April 2020. However, as per his speech, the lockdown has been extended till 3rd May 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, dry cough, difficulty in breathing, tiredness, runny nose, sore throat, etc. One should get in touch with a medical practitioner if these symptoms arise.
Social distancing means keeping a safe distance between yourself and other people when you step out of the house. A distance of at least 3 to 6 feet should be maintained.
You should wear a face cover to avoid any unwanted particles from getting into your nose or mouth. Use a sanitizer or an alcohol rub frequently. Wash your hand thoroughly for 20 seconds when you return home.
- Detail Question and Answers on COVID-19 for Public, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Government of India, https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/FAQ.pdf.
Read informative Health Insurance Articles at Acko.
Read all our insurance & non insurance related articles here.