TeamAckoDec 6, 2023
Are you planning to buy a new vehicle but need to know about the vehicle registration process in the Meghalaya Regional Transport Office? Here, you will learn about the Meghalaya RTO list, services, and fees.
The Road Transport Act of 1950 formed the Meghalaya Regional Transport Office, which is a transportation system in the Meghalaya state. Meghalaya RTO is responsible for maintaining the road safety of the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 and the Motor Vehicles Rules of 1989.
Here are some key objectives of the Meghalaya RTO described.
Meghalaya Regional Transport Office is responsible for various road-related activities across the state of Meghalaya. Here are some roles and responsibilities of Meghalaya RTO:
● The first role of Meghalaya RTO is the registration of people's vehicles. They will make sure that every vehicle has valid registration certificates.
● They collect road taxes and also border taxes.
● Meghalaya RTO issues PUC certificates and vehicle fitness certificates.
● They issue all India permits, state permits, and local permits for Meghalaya People.
They are responsible for road safety measures, and they check the vehicles at the border.
A total of 14 RTOs of Meghalaya are currently running:
Locations of Meghalaya RTOs
Codes of Meghalaya RTOs
South Garo Hills/Baghmara
West Garo Hills/Tura
East Garo Hills
West Khasi Hills
You can search on the Internet for your nearby RTO office, or you can visit the official website for their contact lists.
Meghalaya Regional Transport Office provides various services and permits across the state; you can check about the benefits below:
● Registrations for new vehicles
● Temporary registration certificates for state people
● The renewal of existing vehicles
● Vehicle's ownership transfer process
● They also provide the option for changing of address of your existing vehicles
● They also offer NOC certificates and duplicate vehicle registration certificates
● They issue learner's driving licenses and also conduct the driving test.
● The renewal of the existing driving license of the owner
● They issue duplicate driving licenses
● International driving permits and commercial driving license
● Tourist vehicle permits
● All India permits for goods
● State permits for the transportation of goods
● They collect various types of taxes like road taxes, border taxes, etc.
● They issue driving school licenses and also issue vehicle clearance certificates.
If you don't know about how to register for your vehicles, then follow these steps:
You can collect the main application form, Form 20, from your nearby RTO office in Meghalaya. Other documents that are required:
● Forms 21 and Forms 22
● Your address proof and Identity proof
● Your Aadhaar card and PAN card
● Vehicle insurance, details, and PUC certificate, etc.
● Owner's name and address
● Owner's age and phone number
● Temporary registration number of your vehicle
● Check for the engine number and chassis number; they should match your vehicle services.
You can now submit the application forms and pay the required fees to the Meghalaya Regional Transport Office.
Meghalaya RTO will inspect your vehicle's conditions after you have submitted all the forms, documents, and fees. Then, after the inspection, they issue you an RC book. You will get the RC book within a week.
Then, you can submit the forms for your permanent vehicle plate number.
Now, you should learn more about the driving license application process for new, renewal, and duplicate licenses in Meghalaya.
● The owner should fill out the application form for 20, 21, and 22. You can download them from their official website, or you can collect them from the office.
● They should fill out the applications with their name, age, phone number, etc.
● Then, you submit the application forms with necessary documents like PUC certificates, passport sizes, photos, etc.
● Then, the officer will inspect the vehicle and verify your details.
● You will get your RC book within a week after the inspection.
● You have to fill out Form 25 for the renewal of your driver's license. You can collect this form from the RTO office or their official website.
● A person should submit the application form, including some required documents like original RC, valid insurance certificates, and more.
● You should pay the fees for your renewal application process.
● When the RTO officers finish the inspection of your vehicle, they will issue your new RC book. You can collect them from the RTO within a week.
● If your RC book is stolen or lost, you should immediately inform the police and file an FIR.
● Then, collect form number 26 from the official website or the office. Fill out the application forms.
● Then, submit the application forms along with PUC certificates, Police FIR copies, NOCs from your financier, identity proof, address proof, etc.
● You should pay the fees for a duplicate license. Then, take your vehicle to the office for inspection.
● When the inspection is over, your RC book is ready to collect within a week.
Meghalaya Regional Transport Office provides a fixed amount of fees for the people of Meghalaya.
● Tax for 10 years for vehicles - from INR 1100 /- to INR 3000 /-
● Renewal taxes for vehicles - from INR 300 /- to INR 600 /-
● Tax for duplicate RC for vehicles - from INR 150 /- to INR 300 /-
● Charges for Driving License - INR 200 /-
● Charges for International License - INR 1000 /-
● Annual Road Tax for light goods vehicle - Rs 1575
● Road Taxes vary from vehicle to vehicle, from type of vehicle to type of vehicle.
● Road tax for four-wheelers - from 4% of the original cost to 10% of the actual cost
● NOC fees - Rs 20
● Cancellation of NOC - Rs 50
● For a change of address - Rs 50
● High-Security Registration Plate(HSRP) Fees - from Rs 669 to Rs 1629
● HSRP Fees for replacement - from Rs 1008 to Rs 2443.50
If you want to check your RC for your vehicle, then follow these three methods:
● Through SMS services: You can send your registration number through messages to get the owner's details and status.
● App: You can install the mParivahan app from your Play Store and get the information you want.
● Website: Search for the Vahan Parivahan website on your phone. Then, enter your vehicle number to get the information.
You can also search for Meghalaya Regional Transport Office and visit their official website.
Here are the steps to follow for transferring your vehicle ownership in Meghalaya:
The owner of the vehicle should submit two copies of Form 29 and Form 30.
Then, they should take the required documents like chassis number, PUC certificates, original RC book, identity proof, address proof, vehicle insurance certificate, NOC from the financer, etc.
Then, they remove the number plates and start inspecting the vehicles after you have submitted the application, documents, and fees.
When the inspection is over, they start the process of transferring the vehicle to the new owner.
Then, the new owner will get the new RC book for the vehicle and a new number plate.
If you lost your RC book, then file a police complaint.
You should take the FIR copy, original RC book, insurance details, address proof, identity proof, etc.
Then, you should submit the application forms along with these required documents.
Then, pay the required amount of fees for the procedure of duplicate RC books.
You will get the duplicate RC after the inspection within a week.
Suppose you read this far now you know all the details about Meghalaya Regional Transport Office. You should follow all the instructions before deciding anything about the transport system or getting a new vehicle.
Ans: The government of Meghalaya launched the Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme to provide a better travel experience in Meghalaya for tourists.
Ans: It is valid for up to 6 months from the date of issue.
Ans: ML 10
Ans: Yes, visit the Vahan website portal and search for "Know your MV tax." When you submit the required details, you can see the road taxes.
Ans: Form Number - 25
ABHA Card: Steps to Create & How to Download ABHA Card (Ayushman Bharat Health Account) Online
Team Acko Feb 7, 2024
Interim Budget 2024: Expected Tax Implications on Salaried Employees and Business Owners
TeamAcko Jan 24, 2024
Life Insurance for Women
TeamAcko Dec 20, 2023
What Is PHR Address In Health ID?
TeamAcko Dec 18, 2023
Discover the Differences: Family Health Insurance vs Family Floater Plan
TeamAcko Dec 18, 2023
Want to post any comments?
Upto 85% off on Car Insurance! Starting at Rs. ₹2,094*
Buy or Renew Car Insurance in 2 Minutes ⚡
Looking to insure brand new car?
Zero commissions, big savings