So you own a Ferrari Car? Hats off just to that!
Planning to renew the insurance of your good old Ferrari 488 or looking for the best car insurance for your brand new Ferrari F12berlinetta – you’ve landed in just the right place.
Let’s dive into the car insurance basics for your Ferrari car.
- Understanding Ferrari Car Insurance
- Why You Should Insure Your Ferrari Car?
- Good-to-Have Insurance Add-ons for Ferrari Cars
- Things a Car Insurance Covers For Any Ferrari Car
- Things a Car Insurance Does Not Cover For Any Ferrari Car
- Questions you might ask about Ferrari Insurance:
- Models Manufactured by Ferrari: Which One Do You Drive?
Understanding Ferrari Car Insurance
Must-know Coverage for Your Ferrari Car
You can get following kinds of insurance policies for your Ferrari Car:
|Third-Party Car Insurance||Comprehensive Car Insurance|
|Only covers third-party injuries and damages, and not those to your own vehicle.||Gives third-party policy + coverage for losses and damages to your own car|
|Mandatory by Indian Motors Act.||It’s not mandatory to buy coverage for your own car’s damages, but then we all know the state of Indian roads. And, who doesn’t love their Ferrari car?|
|Additional coverage like bumper-to-bumper cover, engine protector is NOT available.||Additional coverage, like engine protector, bumper-to-bumper cover, no-claim bonus protector cover are available, at a slightly extra premium cost.|
Why You Should Insure Your Ferrari Car?
Most Ferrari cars drive well on Indian roads and are priced to match affordability and mileage. With a suitable comprehensive car insurance, you can:
- Be sure that you’re rightfully compensated if your Ferrari car was stolen or damaged beyond repairs.
- Get coverage for a third-party if your car caused an accident and the third-party was injured or their property damaged.
- Get comprehensive coverage, in case damages were caused to your car [during an accident or because of natural calamities].
- Be sure that no traffic policeman heavily fines you for not having a car insurance policy. Strictly, say no to bribery!
Good-to-Have Insurance Add-ons for Ferrari Cars
Zero Depreciation Cover:
Irrespective of the model of Ferrari you have, depreciation is applicable on all kinds of metal, plastic, and fiber glass parts. In case of repairs / replacement claims, you would have to pay for the depreciation cost. However, with zero depreciation add-on, you can get that covered.
Return to Invoice Cover:
So that, if your car was stolen or completely damaged, the claim settlement amount from the insurance company is not as little as the current market value of the car. Instead, it would be as much as its invoice value. This is possible even in a case where your car was two years old, with a 20 percent lower current market value.
Engine Protector Cover:
A regular comprehensive car insurance policy does not cover the damages to your engine. With an engine protector cover you could claim for those damages too. Whether you own a high-end car like Ferrari FF or Ferrari F12berlinetta or regular car like Ferrari California T, it makes sense to buy this add-on. This add-on is also suitable for cars located in flooding prone areas.
No-claim Bonus Protector Cover:
If you are a good driver and have a tendency to claim less, you would certainly know about the no-claim bonus that you can earn for every claim free year. This bonus helps you in earning as much as 50 percent discount. However, a single claim can reduce the accumulated NCB to zero in the next year. The solution to safeguard that NCB is to buy this add-on. High-end Ferrari cars have higher own-damage premium. So if you have accumulated enough NCB and don’t want to lose it for a claim, this is a good-to-have add-on.
This personal accident cover for passenger is a must-buy for any Ferrari car owner. A lower end model of Ferrari may not come with safety features like airbags or child safety locks. If you use your Ferrari car to drive your family on a daily basis, it makes sense to buy this add-on.
A lot of insurance companies offer specific add-on coverages at an additional premium cost. Depending on the model of Ferrari you have, do enquire with your insurer about these coverage options. Key replacement, roadside assistance, personal accident cover of passengers could be a few such options.
Things a Car Insurance Covers For Any Ferrari Car
- Personal accident coverage for owner-driver
- Accident-related damages to your car
- Damages caused during a natural calamity like flood or storm
- Loss because of fire, explosions
- Compensation for Stolen car
Things a Car Insurance Does Not Cover For Any Ferrari Car
- Wear and tear caused over the years [including flat tyres]
- Losses caused when the car was driven without a driving license
- Damages caused when the car was being driven under the influence of alcohol
- Driving outside the geographical limits
- If the car is used for anything beyond it’s legal purpose [racing, illegal activities, organized crime]
Questions you might ask about Ferrari Insurance:
How can I renew my Ferrari Insurance online?
Your Ferrari Car Insurance Policy can be renewed online very seamlessly through your insurer’s online portal or your broker’s portal.
- If you have already selected an insurance company you can go to the insurer’s portal and renew it online by filling in the details.
- All you need to fill are your car details (like Vehicle Registration Number, Engine/Chasis Number), your previous insurance details and your contact details. Once done, you can then renew the policy online by paying via netbanking, wallet or credit/debit card.
- Also, it is not necessary to continue your insurance policy with the same insurance company as the previous year. You can easily purchase insurance policy from a different insurer, as long as you are aware of the benefits and features being offered
The car insurance of my Ferrari FF has already expired. Is vehicle inspection mandatory?
Yes. Inspection is mandatory if the insurance for your car has already expired. You need to schedule an inspection before purchasing the policy. Once the surveyor approves, you can purchase the plan immediately online.
Is an online insurance policy valid for car?
Of course it is valid. You get valid affordable car insurance online by renewing the policy. All you need to do is fill in your previous policy car details and get a valid insurance policy emailed to your registered email id. A printout of that would suffice.
How do I get no-claim bonus at the time of renewal?
If you have not claimed in the preceding year, then you can avail a No-Claim Bonus (NCB) at the time of your next renewal. Keep one thing in mind: your car insurance renewal has to happen before the previous policy expires. If your policy lapses, you lose your NCB.
At the time of renewal of your Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy, you need to mention your last NCB and whether you have made any claim in the last year or not. You get discount on the own-damage premium as per the NCB grid provided by IRDA.
|All vehicle Type NCB Grid||% of discount on own damage premium|
|No Claim in the last 1 year||20%|
|No Claim in the last 2 consecutive years||25%|
|No Claim in the last 3 consecutive years||35%|
|No Claim in the last 4 consecutive years||45%|
|No Claim in the last 5 consecutive years||50%|
How much more do I need to pay for comprehensive car insurance?
The premium for a simple third party only insurance is fixed by the IRDAI. A comprehensive insurance policy includes own-damage premium too. The own-damage premium varies slightly from one insurance company to another and is dependent on a lot of factors, including your claims history and the age of your car. The overall premium for comprehensive insurance is slightly higher, but highly recommended if you are looking for complete coverage for your Ferrari car.
Models Manufactured by Ferrari: Which One Do You Drive?
|Brand Name||Variants||Engine CC||Mileage(kmpl)||BHP||Wt. (kgs)||Price Range(in Rs)|
|Ferrari FF||GT||6262||4||651.73||1880||45,600,000 to 48,800,000|
|Ferrari 488||Coupe||3902||8.77||661.1||1525||38,800,000 to 42,000,000|
|Ferrari 458||Speciale V8||4497||8.5||596.7||1290||40,700,000 to 44,000,000|
|Ferrari California T||Convertible||3855||10.5||552.5||1630||32,900,000 to 36,000,000|
|Ferrari F12berlinetta||Coupe||6262||9||730||1630||47,100,000 to 51,000,000|