Ashok Leyland is a collaboration between Ashok Motors and Leyland Motors. Today the company is a flagship of Hinduja Group which is an Indian originated, British-based trans-national conglomerate. The company majorly manufacturers transport vehicles ranging from Lightweight motor vehicles to Heavy Goods carrying ones. The cost of Ashok Leyland Insurance policy depends upon the type of vehicle being insured.
What’s Covered in Ashok Leyland Vehicle Insurance
Coverages define the scope of a policy. These are conditions under which the policyholder should raise a claim to get compensation for the damage to the insured vehicle or injuries to the owner-driver. Following are the coverages of a commercial Ashok Leyland Vehicle Insurance policy:
- Third-party Coverages: The cost of paying compensation to the third-party for accidental damage to their property or life is covered.
- Third-party Legal Liabilities: The cost of legal liabilities arising out of an accident with the third party are covered.
- Personal Accident Cover: This is a standard add-on available on all motor insurance policies. It compensates the owner/driver of the vehicle in case of permanent/total disability. The sum insured of this cover is 15 Lakh rupees.
- Damage due to Fire: Damage arising out of the fire, self-ignition, or lightning is covered.
- Theft Coverage: The policyholder will be compensated with the Insured Declared Value of the vehicle (IDV) in case of burglary, housebreaking or theft.
- Accidental Damage: Unintentional damage arising out of an accident is covered under Ashok Leyland vehicle insurance.
- Damage due to calamities: Damage due to natural or man-made calamities is covered.
- Malicious Act: Damage arising out of a malicious act.
- Terrorist Activities: Damage to the insured vehicle from a terrorist activity is covered.
Exclusions of Ashok Leyland Vehicle Insurance:
Exclusions can be defined as conditions that are not covered under an insurance policy. If a policyholder raises a claim against the exclusions, his/her claim will be rejected. Following are the exclusions of a commercial Ashok Leyland Vehicle Insurance policy:
- A claim raised for situations other than the coverages of the policy.
- Cost of damage occurred when outside the geographical limits laid down by the insurance company.
- Damage caused when the vehicle is used for a purpose for which it is unfit.
- Damage occurred when the vehicle is not being driven by a listed driver.
- Consequential loss is not covered.
- Damage caused due to a radioactive or nuclear weapon material.
- Damage due to war or war-like conditions.
- Damage when the driver is not carrying valid documents.
- Damage occurred when the driver is in an intoxicated state.
- Intentional damage.
Benefits of Buying Acko Vehicle Insurance Policy for your Ashok Leyland Car
Acko is a customer-centric insurance company that puts its policyholders before everything else. Being a digital-first insurer, Acko can carry out most of its customer-related operations online. Thus, it is very easy to claim against an Acko motor insurance policy. Following are more benefits of buying a commercial vehicle insurance policy from Acko:
- 1. No Paperwork
One can buy an insurance policy from Acko instantly. No need to send any hard copies of vehicle documents. This feature speeds up the process of buying insurance for your commercial vehicle.
- Best Price
Acko works on a no-commission model. This enables the insurer to provide insurance at the best price available in the market.
- Excellent Customer Support
Acko has a top-rated customer support team that guides potential and existing policyholders at every stage of an insurance policy. Right from purchase to claims, the team is here to help you.
Insurance Plans for Ashok Leyland Cars:
Car insurance plans for Ashok Leyland can be of the following types:
- Third-party Ashok Leyland Vehicle Insurance
It is necessary by law that a vehicle running on an Indian road should be insured. The laws are more strict for commercial vehicles. Buying a third-party insurance policy is a basic requirement as it covers the policyholder against third-party damages or injuries. Additionally, a Personal Accident cover of Rs. 15 Lakh is also included in the policy.
- Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance for Ashok Leyland vehicles
Buying a comprehensive insurance policy is not mandatory, however, it is much more beneficial as compared to a Third-party (TP) liability policy. Where a TP policy only offers financial protection against TP damages, a comprehensive policy covers the insured vehicle as well against financial losses. Additionally, one can buy more add-on covers as per their needs to enhance the coverage.
Add-ons for Ashok Leyland Vehicle Insurance
Add-ons increase the scope of a vehicle insurance policy. These are extra coverages that can be bought with a comprehensive vehicle insurance policy. Here is a list of add-ons that are most suitable for Ashok Leyland vehicles:
- Consumables cover: This add-on covers the cost of repairing or replacing consumables such as nuts & bolts, engine oil, other fluids, air filters, etc. at the time of repairing the damaged vehicle.
- Engine Protect: The engine of a vehicle is not generally covered under an insurance policy so it is always a good idea to get it covered under the Engine Protect Add-on.
- Invoice Cover: The insurance company will pay the invoice value of the vehicle under this add-on.
- Loss of License & RC: The add-on pays for the cost of getting valid documents from the transport department in case of loss.
- NCB Protect: No Claim Bonus is a discount for not raising any claims. Buying the NCB protect add-on ensures that the NCB remains intact despite a claim.
- RSA: RSA stands for Roadside Assistance. Services like towing, fuel refill, tire change, etc. can be availed under this add-on.
- Zero Depreciation: The Zero Depreciation Add-on increases the claim amount by allowing the insurance company to not factor depreciation while raising a claim.
A claim helps the insurance company to pay for the damage caused to the insured vehicle. Here is the process of claims. It may differ slightly based on the process followed by your insurance company:
- Step 1 Intimation:
Get in touch with the insurance company as soon as possible after the damage.
- Step 2 Documents:
The insurance company will ask you to arrange the required documents that can help them process your claim.
- Step 3 Raising a Claim:
The claim should be raised with the help of required documents.
- Step 4 Inspection:
The insurance company will send a surveyor to assess the extent of damage caused to or because of the insured vehicle.
- Step 5 Claim settlement and repairs
The vehicle can be sent for repairs after the claim is approved by the insurance company. If the repairs are carried out at a network garage, the policyholder needs to take no further action except paying deductibles.
Car Insurance for Ashok Leyland Vehicle Models/Variants:
Below are the vehicle insurances for Ashok Leyland Vehicle models in India:
- Ashok Leyland Dost+ insurance
- Ashok Leyland Stile insurance
- Ashok Leyland Partner 6 Tyre insurance
- Ashok Leyland 1920 insurance
- Ashok Leyland Ecomet 1615 HE insurance
- Ashok Leyland 2820 insurance
- Ashok Leyland 4220 insurance
- Ashok Leyland 3520 Twin Steering insurance
Frequently Asked Questions:
Factors like the cost of the vehicle, its manufacturing year, additional accessories, type of insurance policy, the owner/driver’s claim history, driving habits, etc. affect the cost of an insurance policy.
Buying a vehicle insurance policy online can give you a lot of benefits as compared to buying it offline. For example, there are no agent commissions involved when purchasing an insurance policy online. You can save time and buy the policy from the comfort of your home or office. Digital insurance companies also offer online services that are useful after the purchase of the policy.
The Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR) can increase or decrease depending on a lot of factors. The insurance regulator (IRDAI) publishes reports related to CSR annually and one can take a look at such reports to know the best insurer CSR-wise. However, choosing an insurance company only based on its CSR could be a very bad idea.
Please visit www.acko.com to purchase insurance for your Ashok Leyland vehicle.
Add-ons suitable for insuring Ashok Leyland are explained in Add-ons section. Please take a look.
The cost of vehicle insurance depends upon various factors related to the vehicle and its owner. For example, the Insured Declared Value i.e. the approximate market value of the vehicle plays a vital role in the premium. Similarly, the type of vehicle insurance policy, a number of add-ons, claim history, etc. are also important. All these determine the cost of Ashok Leyland’s insurance policy.
No, if you choose to buy insurance online, you can get your policy within minutes.
Commercial vehicles require regular attention as they are constantly on the road. One may have to spend money regularly depending upon the nature of the business for which the vehicle is being used.
About Vehicle Insurance for Ashok Leyland Car:
Ashok Leyland is one of the most successful commercial automobile manufacturers in the country. It stands at the second position for producing transport vehicles and separate engines. On average, the company sells 60 thousand vehicles and 7 thousand engines per year in India. Buying commercial vehicle insurance is mandatory by law in India. If the vehicle is covered with a comprehensive policy, the policyholder can raise a claim in case of damages to the insured vehicle.
Why should you buy an Ashok Leyland Car?
The company has deep penetration in the commercial vehicles space by covering almost every type of transport vehicle. Ashok Leyland has been trusted by transportation business owners for decades. The maintenance costs are also low as compared to other brands due to the easy availability of spare parts.
About the Exterior of an Ashok Leyland Vehicle
Ashok Layland vehicles come in a range of basic paint options. They are not an aesthetic marvel due to the purpose for which these vehicles are used. They are built for rough terrains and for withstanding extreme temperatures that are experienced throughout the country.
About the Interior of an Ashok Leyland Vehicle
- A commercial vehicle from Ashok Layland offers ergonomic seating.
- The cabin space can comfortably accommodate two people.
- The load-carrying capacity depends upon the type of Ashok Layland vehicle being purchased.
The following table lists the specifications of Ashok Leyland Stile:
|Fuel Tank||50 litres|
|Number of Tires||4|
The following table lists the specifications of Ashok Leyland Dost:
|Fuel Tank||40 Ltr|
|Number of Tires||4|
The following table lists the specifications of Ashok Leyland Partner 6 Tire:
|Fuel Tank||90 Ltr|
|Number of Tires||6|
The following table lists the specifications of Ashok Leyland 1920:
|Fuel Tank||375 Ltr|
|Engine||H series CRS with iEGR/SCR|
|Number of Tires||6|
The following table lists the specifications of Ashok Leyland Ecomet 1615 HE:
|Fuel Tank||185 Ltr|
|Engine||H series CRS with iGen6 Technology|
|Number of Tires||6|
The following table lists the specifications of the Ashok Leyland 3520 Twin Steering:
|Fuel Tank||200 Ltr|
|Engine||H series CRS with iGen6 Technology|
|Number of Tires||12|
Variants of Ashok Leyland Car, Ex-Showroom Price:
Following are the models of Ashok Leyland vehicles with their price:
|Ashok Leyland Dost+||₹ 7.24 Lakh onwards|
|Ashok Leyland Partner 6 Tyre||₹ 13.85 – ₹ 14.99 Lakh|
|Ashok Leyland 1920||₹ 23.92 – ₹ 24.88 Lakh|
|Ashok Leyland Ecomet 1615 HE||₹ 22.93 – ₹ 25.30 Lakh|
|Ashok Leyland 2820||₹ 29.55 – ₹ 30.34 Lakh|
|Ashok Leyland 4220||₹ 38.22 – ₹ 38.67 Lakh|
|Ashok Leyland 3520 Twin Steering||₹ 35.56 – ₹ 36.31 Lakh|
Benefits of Buying Vehicle Insurance for Ashok Leyland Vehicles
Following are the benefits of buying vehicle insurance for an Ashok Leyland vehicle:
- Helps You Follow the Law
The Indian constitution says that a vehicle should be driven only with a valid insurance policy. If this is not followed, the owner can be fined heavily. Thus, you follow the law by buying an insurance policy for your vehicle.
- Coverage Against Damage to the Ashok Leyland Vehicle
A commercial vehicle is constantly on the road for business purposes. This makes it more vulnerable to accidents and theft. This situation can prove to be a huge financial burden for the owner if no insurance policy is purchased.
- Third-party Liability Cover
Heavy vehicles can cause a lot of damage to life or property. Insurance helps in compensating a person against such losses.
- Additional Coverage
Buying a comprehensive policy allows the policyholder to buy additional coverages that have multiple insurance benefits like access to more services or higher claim amounts.
- Peace of Mind
The above factors ensure that the owner/driver of the Ashok Leyland vehicle can be at peace as he/she does not have to worry about spending additional money against damages related to their commercial vehicle.