Isuzu is a Japanese automobile manufacturer known for its rugged SUVs (Sport Utility Vehicles), adventure utility and commercial vehicles. Currently, Isuzu retails three models in the Indian market, and all are utility vehicles. Isuzu is also known for its reliable diesel engines which powers all of its models. Isuzu SUVs also come with a four-wheel-drive option, which is suited for off-roading conditions. Do you own an Isuzu, and looking to buy an insurance policy for your utility vehicle? Then you have come to the right place! This article will provide you with all the information related to Isuzu insurance.
What’s Covered in Isuzu Car Insurance (Inclusions):
Below are the inclusions of Isuzu car insurance:
- Damage/Loss to the vehicle due to an accident.
- Damage/Loss to the vehicle due to fire/explosion.
- Damage/Loss to third-party life or property.
- Damage/Loss to the vehicle due to man-made calamities such as riots.
- Theft of the insured vehicle.
- Damage/Loss to the vehicle due to natural disasters such as flood, earthquake, cyclone, etc.
(Note: Own damage cover applies only to comprehensive car insurance)
Exclusions of Isuzu Car Insurance:
Below are the exclusions of Isuzu car insurance:
- Driving the vehicle without a valid driving licence.
- Reckless driving/improper handling of the vehicle.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol/intoxicant substances.
- Damage/Loss to the vehicle due to breakdown (electrical/mechanical).
- Wear and tear parts of the vehicle.
- Depreciation cost*
*Note: Depreciation cost is covered with Depreciation Cover add-on.
Benefits of Buying Acko Car Insurance Policy for your Isuzu Car:
Below are the benefits of buying Acko car insurance online for your Isuzu car:
Acko General Insurance provides paperless car insurance. Even the claim settlement has zero paperwork. The entire process of purchasing/claiming can be done online through the smartphone app or the website.
Quick and Hassle-Free Claim Settlements
Acko offers a quick and hassle-free claim settlement experience as there is zero paperwork. You can apply for a claim online, and Acko will settle the claim depending on the nature of damage to the vehicle. Acko also offers instant claim settlement for minor damages.
Expert Guidance and Assistance
If you have any queries related to car insurance online, Acko’s team of experts will help you in choosing the right insurance policy. You will be assisted in purchasing insurance and while making a claim. Efficient and robust customer support will make sure that you get the right product at the best price.
Insurance plans for Isuzu Car:
There are two types of insurance plans for Isuzu cars: Third-Party car insurance and comprehensive car insurance, and both the insurance plans come with different coverage benefits. Below are the coverage details of third-party and comprehensive car insurance:
Third-Party Car Insurance
As the name suggests, the third-party car insurance provides coverage against damages to third-party property or life. The insurance plan also covers injuries/accidental death of the third-party. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory to purchase third-party car insurance.
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Apart from the third-party liability coverage, a comprehensive car insurance policy also provides own damage cover. A comprehensive insurance plan will cover damages to your vehicle and also injury/accidental death of the driver. You can further enhance the coverage of comprehensive insurance by purchasing add-ons.
Add-ons for Isuzu Car Insurance:
A comprehensive insurance plan will allow you to purchase add-ons for your Isuzu car insurance. Below are the available add-ons:
- Roadside Assistance (RSA) cover
- Depreciation cover
- Engine Protection cover
- Theft/Loss of keys cover
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) cover
- Invoice cover
- Personal Accident (PA)
- Consumables cover
Below are the steps to apply for a claim at Acko General Insurance:
- Download the Acko smartphone app or log on to the website www.acko.com.
- Select ‘Car Insurance’ option under the Products menu.
- Select the ‘Car Claims’ option under the Claims menu.
- Now, login and enter basic details such as policy number, vehicle registration number, etc.
- Mention the type of damage and upload images of the damaged car/damaged parts.
- Upon verification, Acko will pick up* the damaged car for repair works.
- You can track the repair work through the website or smartphone app.
- The repaired vehicle will be delivered* within three days.
- Acko will provide instant claim settlements for minor damages.
*Note: Vehicle pick up and drop facility is available in select cities.
Car Insurance for Isuzu Car Models/Variants:
Below are the car insurances for Isuzu models in India:
- Isuzu D-Max Insurance
- Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Insurance
- Isuzu MU-X Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions:
Below are the most common queries about Isuzu car insurance:
You can search and compare car insurance online to find the best insurance for your Isuzu car.
You can purchase car insurance online or offline. But purchasing online car insurance will save you a lot of time and money, so online insurance is the best option.
You can buy add-ons as per your requirement. But here are the add-ons you should consider buying to ensure that your Isuzu car gets all-round protection:
>Engine protection cover
>Personal accident cover
>Depreciation cost cover
>Roadside assistance cover
You can find the best price for Isuzu car insurance by comparing car insurance plans online. Buying car insurance online is hassle-free as there is zero paperwork.
If your car insurance is expired, do not drive the car as there will be no insurance coverage and it is illegal to drive a car without insurance. If the insurance is expired you lose out on benefits such as No Claim Bonus (NCB). You can contact the insurance company and purchase a fresh policy or you can buy Isuzu car insurance online.
You need to submit the following documents for renewing car insurance:
>Vehicle registration certificate
>Previous insurance certificate
>Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate
You should always purchase car insurance through the insurance company as it will avoid unnecessary costs. The best way to do it is by buying car insurance online.
Usually, online insurance companies have the best claim settlement ratio as the claim process is quick and hassle-free. Claim settlement ratio is nothing but the percentage of claims settled by an insurance company in a financial year.
About Car Insurance for Isuzu:
Isuzu is known for its rugged and tough vehicles in the utility vehicles segment. The Japanese carmaker retails three models in the Indian market: Isuzu MU-X SUV, Isuzu D-Max V-Cross pickup truck and Isuzu D-Max pickup truck. All are utility vehicles and built to endure rough terrains. The MU-X and D-Max V-Cross also comes with a four-wheel-drive system to tackle the off-road conditions. Isuzu also manufactures diesel engines which are employed in all the models.
No matter how tough or rugged the vehicle is, it is prone to damages. The damage might be due to an accident or improper handling of the vehicle. In both cases, you are left with a long list of repair works. With the increasing prices of spare parts and service charges, the repair of the vehicle will burn a hole in your pocket. That’s when the car insurance comes into the picture. Comprehensive car insurance will cover you against damages to the vehicle due to accident, natural disaster, man-made calamities or even the theft of the insured vehicle.
Another important aspect of car insurance is a third-party liability. Yes, a comprehensive/third-party car insurance will provide coverage against damages to third-party property or life. Buying car insurance for Isuzu will give you financial security and peace of mind, and you can enjoy those drives without any worries.
Why should you buy Isuzu Cars?
Isuzu is a brand known for its impressive utility vehicles, be it SUVs or adventure utility/pickup trucks. The SUV and pickup trucks offer a commendable road presence due to its rugged and muscular exterior design. The high ground clearance of Isuzu cars allows you to take the vehicles on the roughest of terrains. The platform of the Isuzu cars are optimised to handle off-roads, and they also offer impressive handling on the smooth tarmac roads. The four-wheel-drive system is an advantage when going through off-roading conditions. Combined with the high torque, the drivetrain offers amazing grip in the worst of conditions.
Isuzu cars draw power from diesel engines with turbochargers. The high torque output of the engine assists in off-roading as it can pull the vehicle on any loose surface with the utmost ease. Coming to the interior of the Isuzu cars, the high seating position gives you a clear picture of the surrounding, especially during off-roading. The strong and robust chassis gives you the confidence to push the vehicle in any terrain. The pickup trucks also come with a flatbed storage compartment at the rear. Carrying luggage on the pickup truck is a walk in the park.
Apart from the performance and looks, Isuzu also offers a host of advanced safety features on the SUVs and pickup trucks. The Isuzu cars are equipped with impact-absorbing chassis, airbags, anti-lock braking system, electronic stability control, traction control, hill-hold assist and rear parking camera. The high water wading capabilities of Isuzu cars will also come in handy during monsoons. Overall, the Isuzu cars are tailor-made for the Indian conditions. The rugged nature of the vehicles is apt for Indian roads, and they also offer a comfortable driving experience. The diesel engine is powerful and reliable and also offers a peppy performance.
Isuzu Models with Variants and Ex-Showroom Price:
Refer to the tables below for specifications of Isuzu models:
Isuzu MU-X Specifications:
The Isuzu MU-X is a full-size 7-seater SUV with huge and muscular body proportions. The MU-X gets a 3-litre powerful diesel engine and the option of a four-wheel-drive system. The interior of the SUV is equipped with modern features such as automatic AC control, electrically adjustable driver seat, cruise control, etc. Overall, the MU-X is an all-round package for the price it demands. Below are the specifications of MU-X:
|Engine||3-Litre with turbocharger|
|Transmission||5-Speed Automatic Gearbox|
|Fuel Tank||65 Litre|
|Boot Space||235 Litre|
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Specifications:
Isuzu D-Max V-cross is an adventure utility vehicle, and there are only a handful of such vehicles on sale in the Indian market. The pickup trucks are popular in Europe and the US, but Isuzu has experimented with the V-Cross, and it has been successful. The V-Cross is a powerful pickup truck and comes with a host of comfort and safety features. Below are the specifications of D-Max V-Cross:
|Engine||2.5-litre with Turbocharger||1.9-Litre with Turbocharger|
|Power||134 Bhp||148 Bhp|
|Torque||320 Nm||350 Nm|
|Transmission||5-Speed Manual Gearbox||6-Speed Automatic Gearbox|
|Fuel Tank||55 Litre||55 Litre|
Isuzu D-Max Specifications:
The Isuzu D-Max is also a pickup truck, and it is an affordable version of the D-Max V-Cross. The D-Max is mainly used as a commercial vehicle to transport cargo. Similar to all other Isuzu car models, the D-Max also gets a powerful diesel engine but misses out on the four-wheel-drive system. The D-Max is offered in two variants, Single Cab and Double cab. Below are the specifications of D-Max:
|Transmission||5-Speed Manual Gearbox|
|Fuel Tank||55 Litre|
The below table denotes the Isuzu car variants and ex-showroom price:
|Isuzu D-Max||Diesel||Single Cab||Rs. 6.87 Lakh|
|Diesel||Double Cab||Rs. 8.09 Lakh|
|Isuzu D-Max V-Cross||Diesel||STD||Rs. 16.55 Lakh|
|Diesel||High Z||RS. 18.07 Lakh|
|Diesel||High Z-Prestige||Rs. 19.99 Lakh|
|Isuzu MU-X||Diesel||4x2||Rs. 27.35 Lakh|
|Diesel||4x4||Rs. 29.32 Lakh|
*Note: All prices are ex-showroom Delhi as of 1 October 2020
Benefits of buying car insurance for Isuzu Cars:
It is important to buy car insurance for Isuzu cars as it provides several coverage benefits. Below are the benefits of Isuzu car insurance:
- Third-Party Liability Cover: A third-party/comprehensive car insurance policy will provide coverage against damages to third-party life or property. The third-party coverage is crucial as it covers the financial and legal liability in case of damage to third-party property or injuries/death of third-party. Buying third-party car insurance is compulsory as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- Vehicle Damage Cover: If you purchase a comprehensive insurance policy for your Isuzu car, it provides coverage against damages to the insured vehicle. Yes, the insurance plan covers damages to the vehicle due to accident, fire, natural disasters or man-made disasters.
- Personal Accident Cover: Apart from the vehicle damage cover, a comprehensive insurance policy also covers injury/accidental death of the driver. The insurer will bear the medical costs in case the driver suffers an injury in an accident. In case of accidental death, the sum insured will be paid by the insurance company.
- Add-on Cover: A comprehensive insurance policy will allow you to purchase add-ons which will enhance the coverage benefits. Add-ons such as engine protection cover, passenger cover, return to invoice cover, depreciation cover will make sure that your Isuzu car is covered in all aspects.
- Theft Cover: The comprehensive insurance plan will also provide coverage against theft of the insured vehicle. So, even if the vehicle is stolen, the insurer will pay you the IDV (Insured Declared Value) of the vehicle.
- Financial Security: One of the main advantages of buying car insurance is financial security. With a comprehensive car insurance plan, you need not worry about repair costs, if your car is damaged due to an accident, fire outbreak and natural/man-made disasters. Similarly, damages to third-party property or life are also covered by the car insurance plan. So, buying a car insurance policy will give you peace of mind.