Mitsubishi is a legendary Japanese automobile company which has a rich motorsport legacy. Mitsubishi is the brand which produced iconic cars such as the Lancer, Cedia and the series of Lancer Evolutions. The Japanese automaker is also known for its tough and rugged SUVs such as Pajero and Outlander. Unfortunately, the company had to discontinue the Lancer sedan in India due to lack of demand, and the company was also unable to update the model to meet the new safety and emission norms. Do you own a Mitsubishi car, and looking to buy an insurance policy? Then read on for all the details about Mitsubishi car insurance.
What’s Covered in Mitsubishi Insurance (Inclusions):
The car insurance policy offers the following coverages:
(Note: Own damage cover applies to only comprehensive insurance)
- Theft of the vehicle.
- Damage to the vehicle occurred due to an accident.
- Damage to the vehicle during an attempt to steal the vehicle.
- Damage to third-party life or property.
- Damage to the vehicle due to natural disasters such as floods, storms, cyclones, etc.
- Damages caused to the vehicle due to man-made calamities such as riots.
What’s not Covered in Mitsubishi Insurance (Exclusions):
The car insurance policy will not offer coverage against the following:
- Vehicle breakdown due to mechanical or electrical component failure.
- Depreciation cost of the vehicle.
- Replacement/repair of wear and tear parts.
- Reckless driving/driving under the influence of intoxicating substances.
- Driving without a valid driving licence.
Benefits of Buying Acko Car Insurance for your Mitsubishi Car:
Below are the benefits of buying Acko car insurance:
Paperless Insurance Process:
Acko is an online insurance provider, you can purchase/renew insurance online, and you can also apply for claims. The whole process is online, and it will save a lot of time and money.
Quick and Hassle-free Claims:
Applying for a claim at Acko Insurance is very simple, and the entire process can be completed online. The claims are settled depending on the nature of damage, and there is zero paperwork.
You will get unbiased advice from trained professionals at Acko car insurance. You will get assistance for purchasing/renewing or while applying for a claim. All your queries related to car insurance will be addressed by our team of experts.
Car Insurance plans for Mitsubishi Car:
There are two types of insurance plans for Mitsubishi cars: Third-party and Comprehensive insurance policy. Both types of policies have different benefits and coverages. Below are the coverage benefits of third-party and comprehensive Mitsubishi car insurance:
Third-Party Car Insurance:
As the name suggests, third-party insurance for Mitsubishi cars provides coverage against damage to third-party life or property. As per law, it is compulsory to purchase third-party insurance for your car.
Comprehensive Car Insurance:
Comprehensive car insurance provides all the coverages of third-party insurance and also offers own damage cover. Comprehensive insurance provides coverage against damage to your car and accidental death/injuries to driver or passengers.
Add-ons for Mitsubishi Car Insurance:
Add-ons apply only to comprehensive car insurance. Below are the add-ons for Mitsubishi car insurance:
- Insured Declared Value (IDV) cover
- Roadside Assistance cover
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) cover.
- Coverage for passengers
- Depreciation cost cover
- Engine protection cover
- Return to Invoice cover
Below are the steps to apply for a claim on the Acko Insurance smartphone app/website:
- Login to Acko General Insurance website/smartphone app.
- Choose the Car Insurance Claim option from the dropdown menu.
- Fill in details such as insurance policy number, vehicle registration number, type of damage, etc.
- Upload images of the damaged vehicle.
- Within a few hours, your damaged vehicle will be picked up from your location for repairs.
- You can also track the repair work online.
- The vehicle will be delivered to you within 3 days.
- Minor damage claims will be settled instantly.
Note: Vehicle pickup service is available in select cities. Please refer to the website for the list of cities.
Car Insurance for Mitsubishi Car Models/Variants:
Below are the car insurances for Mitsubishi models in India:
- Mitsubishi Lancer Insurance
- Mitsubishi Cedia Insurance
- Mitsubishi Pajero Insurance
- Mitsubishi Outlander Insurance
- Mitsubishi Montero Insurance
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions:
Common queries related to Mitsubishi car insurance:
It will take only a few minutes if you opt for online renewal of Mitsubishi car insurance. But if you choose to renew it offline, it might take a few hours depending on the insurance company.
For all-round protection of your Mitsubishi car, you should buy the following add-ons:
>No Claim Bonus Cover
>Zero Depreciation Cover
>Insured Declared Value Cover
>Engine Protection Cover
>Roadside Assistance Cover
The cost of insurance depends on the model and variant, and value of the vehicle. The cost also varies depending on the condition of the vehicle. The higher the value of the vehicle, the more you pay for the insurance.
The best option is to purchase car insurance online. You can buy the insurance within a few minutes, and there is zero paperwork. Online car insurance will save you a lot of time and money.
The insurer will have a good claim settlement ratio if the claim process is fast and efficient. Usually, online insurance providers offer quick and hassle-free claim procedures which are completely online, and there is zero paperwork.
Online insurance companies will offer you the best price for Mitsubishi car insurance. If you buy insurance online, there will be no middleman, and there is no paperwork.
You can opt for a third-party car insurance policy which costs less than comprehensive insurance. But note that third-party insurance will only cover damages to third-party life/property. If you are opting for comprehensive insurance, then you can avoid buying add-ons to cut the cost.
Yes, Mitsubishi India has a toll-free customer care number. The contact number is 18001022955.
About Car Insurance for Mitsubishi:
Mitsubishi is a Japanese brand which entered the Indian market in collaboration with Hindustan Motors. Mitsubishi cars are known for their performance and reliability. Currently, the company retails only two SUVs in the country. The two SUVs on sale are Mitsubishi Pajero Sport and Mitsubishi Outlander. Both the SUVs are rugged and are designed for both on and off-roading.
No matter how rugged the vehicle is, the damage is inevitable under certain circumstances. Any damages to the car will cost you big time as the spare parts are not that affordable. That’s when the insurance comes into the picture. Yes, insurance for Mitsubishi cars will provide coverage against theft and damages due to accident, fire, natural disaster and man-made disaster.
Another crucial part of the insurance is the third-party damage cover. Yes, the insurance will also cover damages to third-party life or property. Car insurance for Mitsubishi will make sure that the vehicle has all-round protection, and you will have a peace of mind when taking your vehicle out on the road.
Why should you buy Mitsubishi Cars?
Mitsubishi cars are built to conquer the rugged terrains. Both the Pajero Sport and Outlander are full-size SUVs and have a commendable road presence. The biggest advantage of Mitsubishi cars is four-wheel-drive. Yes, Mitsubishi was one of the pioneers in all-wheel-drive technology, and this technology drives all the four wheels of the car. Four-wheel-drive helps to tackle off-roading, and the soft suspension makes sure that the car glides over potholes and undulations.
Mitsubishi cars are equipped with powerful petrol and diesel engines, which deliver the optimum performance required for Indian road conditions. The Mitsubishi SUVs have high water wading capability, and it will come in handy during monsoon season. The high seating position gives a good view of the surroundings, and it also helps during off-roading. The SUVs can easily tackle broken roads and even dirt. Overall, the Mitsubishi cars are perfectly suited for the Indian road conditions.
On the safety front, the Mitsubishi SUVs feature Reinforced Safety Evolution body which absorbs the impact and minimizes occupant injury. Apart from that, the SUVs also come with a host of advanced safety features such as airbags, ABS, etc. All-in-all, Mitsubishi cars offer a commendable value for money and offer a comfortable driving experience.
Mitsubishi Models with Variants and Ex-Showroom Price:
Below are the Mitsubishi models along with the specifications:
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Specifications:
|Engine||2.5-Litre with Turbocharger|
Mitsubishi Outlander Specifications:
|Gearbox||CVT with Paddle Shifters|
|Drivetrain||Multi Select 4WD|
Refer to the below table for Mitsubishi car variants and ex-showroom price:
|Mitsubishi Pajero Sport||MT (Manual)||Diesel||Rs. 28.05 Lakh|
|AT (Automatic)||Diesel||Rs. 28.33 Lakh|
|Limited Edition (Manual)||Diesel||Rs. 28.58 Lakh|
|Select Plus AT||Diesel||Rs. 29.49 Lakh|
|Select Plus MT||Diesel||Rs. 29.96 Lakh|
|Mitsubishi Outlander||4x4 CVT (Automatic)||Petrol||Rs. 26.93 Lakh|
Note: Prices are as of 17 September 2020
Benefits of Buying Car Insurance for Mitsubishi Models:
Buying car insurance for Mitsubishi models is crucial as it provides a host of coverages. Below are the benefits of buying car insurance for Mitsubishi models:
- Third-Party Liability: As per law, it is mandatory to purchase third-party car insurance which provides coverage against damage to third-party property or life. Third-party insurance policy is inexpensive, but the coverage is limited to third-party.
- Own Damage Cover: Comprehensive insurance is optional, but it provides third-party and own damage coverage. The comprehensive car insurance policy covers damages to your car and injuries to the driver or passengers. The damage might be due to accident, natural disaster, fire or man-made calamity.
- Vehicle Theft Coverage: A comprehensive insurance plan also offers coverage against theft of the vehicle. If your car is stolen or if it’s totalled in a crash, the insurer will pay the IDV amount.
- Additional Coverage: Comprehensive car insurance also allows you to buy add-ons which improves the coverage. You can purchase several add-ons such as engine protection cover, consumables cover, roadside assistance cover, IDV cover, no claim bonus (NCB) cover, passenger cover and invoice cover.
- Peace of Mind: A car insurance policy will provide you peace of mind, whenever you take out the vehicle. Car insurance is a must in India as the roads are chaotic and filled with vehicles and pedestrians.
Insurance for other Car Brands in India:
Refer to the table below for car insurance for other popular car brands in India: