Rolls-Royce epitomizes luxury, quality features and showcases the excellent craftsmanship of the designers from the company. Part of the BMW Group, Rolls-Royce focuses only on high-end and luxury cars that do not disappoint the buyer. For a car that is expensive and requires your utmost attention, car insurance for the Rolls-Royce is important. Read on to learn about Rolls-Royce insurance cost and benefits of car insurance for the luxury car.
What’s Covered in Rolls-Royce Car Insurance (Inclusions)?
Third-party insurance covers third-party life or property; however, it is the Comprehensive car insurance which offers the following extensive coverage:
- Loss/damage to third-party life or property.
- Loss/damage to own vehicle in case of an accident.
- Theft of the insured car.
- Loss/damage because of man-made calamities such as riots.
- Loss/damage due to natural calamities such as flood or storm.
- Loss/damage due to a personal accident.
- Loss/damage because of fire.
Exclusions of Rolls-Royce Car Insurance
Like all insurance policies, car insurance for your Rolls-Royce also comes with certain exclusions.
- Wear and tear of car parts.
- Mechanical/electrical breakdown.
- Driving with an invalid Driving Licence (DL).
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances.
- Driving outside the geographical limits.
Benefits of Buying Acko Car Insurance Policy for your Rolls-Royce Car:
Acko is a new-age digital insurance company which does not depend on agents or middlemen to offer motor insurance. The experience of buying, renewing or raising claims is a lot easier and convenient. Below are the benefits of Acko car insurance for your Rolls-Royce:
- Online Insurance Procedure: The entire process of buying, renewing or raising a claim is online. All you need to do is visit the website or through a mobile app.
- Quicker Claim Settlement: Almost all transactions are done online, making the claim settlement process a lot faster compared to the traditional method.
- Get Help From Trained Professionals: Acko offers to provide unbiased support to customers whether it is the purchase, renew or claim experience.
Insurance Plans for Rolls-Royce Car
Vehicle insurance is mainly of two types. Third-party and Comprehensive insurance. Both offer different types of benefits and features:
Third-Party Car Insurance
The third-party car insurance is mandatory as per law and offers cover losses or damages to the third-party life or property.
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Under this insurance, the insurer will offer coverage to losses and damages to third-party life or property and damages to the insured vehicle.
|Particulars||Comprehensive Car Insurance||Third-Party Car Insurance|
|Loss/damage to third-party or their property||Yes||Yes|
|Loss/damage to the insured Rolls-Royce||Yes||No|
|Loss/damage caused by natural calamities or man-made||Yes||No|
|Personal Accident (PA) cover||Yes||Yes|
|Theft of the insured car||Yes||No|
|Modify sum insured or Insured Declared Value (IDV)||Yes||No|
Add-ons for Rolls-Royce Car Insurance
The basic comprehensive car insurance does not cover certain parts or aspects while raising claims. For this you can opt for Add-on covers to make the insurance exclusive.
Return to Invoice
In case of a complete loss or if your car is stolen, then the insurer will pay the ex-showroom price of the vehicle under the Return to Invoice add-on cover.
While settling the claim, the insurer will not consider the depreciation value of car parts being replaced or repaired under the Zero Depreciation.
Engine Protection Cover
In the case of water ingression inside the engine or oil leakage, the Engine Protection add-on will cover the damages to the car’s engine.
No Claim Bonus (NCB) Cover
With the NCB add-on cover, even if you raise a claim, the NCB is still intact.
The method to raise a claim for your Rolls-Royce is a lot easier with an online insurance company such as Acko General Insurance. Follow the process mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit the insurance company’s website or its mobile app.
- Step 2: Sign in with your login credentials.
- Step 3: Under the policy for the Rolls-Royce, raise the claim for the loss or damages.
- Step 4: Upload the pictures of the damages to the car.
- Step 5: The insurer will pick up the vehicle and get it repaired at their network garage.
- Step 6: Once the vehicle is repaired, the insurance will deliver the car back to the policyholder
You can also opt for the reimbursement method; however, it can sometimes be considered as a cumbersome task.
Frequently Asked Questions
Following are answers to some common queries about car insurance:
Generally, the Rolls-Royce car dealer will help you buy insurance for your car. However, you can approach the insurance company to insure and buy it yourself. New-age digital insurance companies have made the process a lot easier and efficient for customers to buy car insurance online.
To renew the car insurance for your Rolls-Royce, visit the insurance company’s website such as Acko. Enter a few details about your car and you can instantly renew the car insurance and receive the policy through email.
Online insurance companies are striving to provide a hassle-free experience for customers during the process of raising claims. You can visit the company’s website, log in with your credentials, upload pictures of the damages to your car and submit a request to raise a claim. Your car will be picked up and repaired at the network garage. The entire process is cashless. You can also opt for reimbursement, but you need to inform your insurer beforehand.
A right insurance for a car, especially a Rolls-Royce which is expensive and requires the right protection, you need to buy motor insurance which offers maximum coverage at a lower premium. You may even consider Add-on covers which make the basic car insurance more robust and exclusive.
There are ways you can reduce the insurance price for your car. Equipping your vehicle with safety devices such as anti-theft or you could become a member of organisations such as the Automobile Association of India (AAI) and Western India Automobile Association (WIAA). Insurance companies consider these factors before pricing the insurance for your Rolls-Royce.
About Car Insurance for Rolls-Royce
A Rolls-Royce needs utmost care and maintenance. It also needs a good car insurance policy. A car insurance for your Rolls-Royce should not only provide higher coverage for a lower premium, but it also should offer excellent service when it comes to raising a claim or renewing the insurance plan. While it is mandatory to insure your Rolls-Royce with Third-party car insurance, a Comprehensive insurance will cover both third-party life or property as well as cover own damages.
Why Should You Buy a Rolls-Royce Car?
Unlike the mass-market cars in the automotive industry, Rolls-Royce cars are known to feature crystal and gold for special edition models. Rolls-Royce cars are the ultimate statement of power and style. An owner of a Rolls-Royce is often referred to as someone with lavish taste and class. Driving or being driven in a Rolls-Royce commands attention and stands above the rest of cars in the industry.
- Spirit of Ecstasy emblem which can be customised with gold or crystal.
- Starlight roof as an optional accessory.
- Rolls-Royce front grille is etched with the initials of the craftsman who made the car.
- Modern features such as LED lighting and additional safety features.
- Commands attention with its chunky yet premium design language.
- Center caps of the car wheels with the emblem do not rotate.
- Handcrafted interiors.
- Close the door with the touch of a button.
- High-end infotainment system.
- Dry umbrellas.
- Gold and crystal for special edition models.
- A powerful yet smooth engine to power the Rolls-Royce.
Below are the key specifications for different models of Rolls-Royce:
|Model||Engine Capacity (CC)||Gearbox (Transmission)||Power (BHP)|
Models of Rolls-Royce, Fuel Type and Ex-Showroom Price:
Rolls-Royce is known to customise each vehicle as per the owner’s choice and there are several special editions. Below are the main models of Rolls-Royce and their ex-showroom price in India:
|Model||Fuel Type||Ex-Showroom Price *|
|Rolls-Royce Phantom||Petrol||Rs. 9 crores to Rs. 11 crores|
|Rolls-Royce Ghost||Petrol||Rs. 5 crores to Rs. 7 crores|
|Rolls-Royce Cullinan||Petrol||Rs. 7 crores to Rs. 8 crores|
|Rolls-Royce Wraith||Petrol||Rs. 6 crores to Rs. 7 crores|
|Rolls-Royce Dawn||Petrol||Rs. 7 crores to Rs. 8 crores|
*Prices are subject to change
Benefits of Buying Car Insurance for Rolls-Royce Cars:
A motor insurance policy for your Rolls-Royce acts as a cushion during a financial crisis arising out of an unfortunate accident. Besides, the parts being repaired or replaced are expensive for a luxury car such as the Rolls-Royce. Apart from being mandatory in India, car insurance for the Rolls-Royce should offer maximum coverage at a competitive yearly premium. Some of the main benefits of buying car insurance for your Rolls-Royce car are:
- Protection against losses or damages to third-party life and property.
- Coverage against losses or damages to the insured vehicle.
- Personal accident coverage.
- Get Sum Insured amount in case of total loss or damage.
- Coverage against losses or damages due to fire.
- Protection against losses or damages due to man-made or natural calamities.