So you own a Lamborghini Car? Hats off just to that!
Planning to renew the insurance of your good old Lamborghini Huracan or looking for the best car insurance for your brand new Lamborghini Aventador – you’ve landed in just the right place.
Let’s dive into the car insurance basics for your Lamborghini car.
- Understanding Lamborghini Car Insurance
- Why You Should Insure Your Lamborghini Car?
- Good-to-Have Insurance Add-ons for Lamborghini Cars
- Things a Car Insurance Covers For Any Lamborghini Car
- Things a Car Insurance Does Not Cover For Any Lamborghini Car
- Questions you might ask about Lamborghini Insurance:
- How can I renew my Lamborghini Insurance online?
- The car insurance of my Lamborghini Aventador has already expired. Is vehicle inspection mandatory?
- Is an online insurance policy valid for car?
- How do I get no-claim bonus at the time of renewal?
- How much more do I need to pay for comprehensive car insurance?
- Questions you might ask about Lamborghini Insurance:
- Models Manufactured by Lamborghini : Which One Do You Drive?
- News Related to Lamborghini:
Understanding Lamborghini Car Insurance
Must-know Coverage for Your Lamborghini Car
You can get following kinds of insurance policies for your Lamborghini Car:
|Third-Party Car Insurance||Comprehensive Car Insurance|
|Only covers third-party injuries and damages, and not those to your own vehicle.||Gives third-party policy + coverage for losses and damages to your own car|
|Mandatory by Indian Motors Act.||It’s not mandatory to buy coverage for your own car’s damages, but then we all know the state of Indian roads. And, who doesn’t love their Lamborghini car?|
|Additional coverage like bumper-to-bumper cover, engine protector is NOT available.||Additional coverage, like engine protector, bumper-to-bumper cover, no-claim bonus protector cover are available, at a slightly extra premium cost.|
Why You Should Insure Your Lamborghini Car?
Most Lamborghini cars drive well on Indian roads and are priced to match affordability and mileage. With a suitable comprehensive car insurance, you can:
- Be sure that you’re rightfully compensated if your Lamborghini car was stolen or damaged beyond repairs.
- Get coverage for a third-party if your car caused an accident and the third-party was injured or their property damaged.
- Get comprehensive coverage, in case damages were caused to your car [during an accident or because of natural calamities].
- Be sure that no traffic policeman heavily fines you for not having a car insurance policy. Strictly, say no to bribery!
Good-to-Have Insurance Add-ons for Lamborghini Cars
Zero Depreciation Cover:
Irrespective of the model of Lamborghini you have, depreciation is applicable on all kinds of metal, plastic, and fiber glass parts. In case of repairs / replacement claims, you would have to pay for the depreciation cost. However, with zero depreciation add-on, you can get that covered.
Return to Invoice Cover:
So that, if your car was stolen or completely damaged, the claim settlement amount from the insurance company is not as little as the current market value of the car. Instead, it would be as much as its invoice value. This is possible even in a case where your car was two years old, with a 20 percent lower current market value.
Engine Protector Cover:
A regular comprehensive car insurance policy does not cover the damages to your engine. With an engine protector cover you could claim for those damages too. Read more on what is engine protector in car insurance and what will be its benefits. Whether you own a high-end car like Lamborghini Aventador or regular car like Lamborghini Huracan, it makes sense to buy this add-on. This add-on is also suitable for cars located in flooding prone areas.
No-claim Bonus Protector Cover:
If you are a good driver and have a tendency to claim less, you would certainly know about the no-claim bonus that you can earn for every claim free year. This bonus helps you in earning as much as 50 percent discount. However, a single claim can reduce the accumulated NCB to zero in the next year. The solution to safeguard that NCB is to buy this add-on. High-end Lamborghini cars have higher own-damage premium. So if you have accumulated enough NCB and don’t want to lose it for a claim, this is a good-to-have add-on. Also, this can come in handy as one of the tips to reduce car insurance premium amount.
This personal accident cover for passenger is a must-buy for any Lamborghini car owner. A lower end model of Lamborghinimay not come with safety features like airbags or child safety locks. If you use your Lamborghini car to drive your family on a daily basis, it makes sense to buy this add-on.
A lot of insurance companies offer specific add-on coverages at an additional premium cost. Depending on the model of Lamborghini you have, do enquire with your insurer about these coverage options. Key replacement, roadside assistance, personal accident cover of passengers could be a few such options.
Things a Car Insurance Covers For Any Lamborghini Car
- Personal accident coverage for owner-driver
- Accident-related damages to your car
- Damages caused during a natural calamity like flood or storm
- Loss because of fire, explosions
- Compensation for Stolen car
Things a Car Insurance Does Not Cover For Any Lamborghini Car
- Wear and tear caused over the years [including flat tyres]
- Losses caused when the car was driven without a driving license
- Damages caused when the car was being driven under the influence of alcohol
- Driving outside the geographical limits
- If the car is used for anything beyond it’s legal purpose [racing, illegal activities, organized crime]
Questions you might ask about Lamborghini Insurance:
How can I renew my Lamborghini Insurance online?
Your Lamborghini Car Insurance Policy can be renewed online very seamlessly through your insurer’s online portal or your broker’s portal.
- If you have already selected an insurance company you can go to the insurer’s portal and renew it online by filling in the details.
- All you need to fill are your car details (like Vehicle Registration Number, Engine/Chasis Number), your previous insurance details and your contact details. Once done, you can then renew the policy online by paying via netbanking, wallet or credit/debit card.
- Also, it is not necessary to continue your insurance policy with the same insurance company as the previous year. You can easily purchase insurance policy from a different insurer, as long as you are aware of the benefits and features being offered
The car insurance of my Lamborghini Aventador has already expired. Is vehicle inspection mandatory?
Yes. Inspection is mandatory if the insurance for your car has already expired. You need to schedule an inspection before purchasing the policy. Once the surveyor approves, you can purchase the plan immediately online.
Is an online insurance policy valid for car?
Of course it is valid. You get a valid car insurance policy by renewing the policy online. All you need to do is fill in your previous policy car details and get a valid insurance policy emailed to your registered email id. A printout of that would suffice.
How do I get no-claim bonus at the time of renewal?
If you have not claimed in the preceding year, then you can avail a No-Claim Bonus (NCB) at the time of your next renewal. Keep one thing in mind: your car insurance renewal has to happen before the previous policy expires. If your policy lapses, you lose your NCB.
At the time of renewal of your Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy, you need to mention your last NCB and whether you have made any claim in the last year or not. You get discount on the own-damage premium as per the NCB grid provided by IRDA.
|All vehicle Type NCB Grid||% of discount on own damage premium|
|No Claim in the last 1 year||20%|
|No Claim in the last 2 consecutive years||25%|
|No Claim in the last 3 consecutive years||35%|
|No Claim in the last 4 consecutive years||45%|
|No Claim in the last 5 consecutive years||50%|
How much more do I need to pay for comprehensive car insurance?
The premium for a simple third party only insurance is fixed by the IRDAI. A comprehensive insurance policy includes own-damage premium too. The own-damage premium varies slightly from one insurance company to another and is dependent on a lot of factors, including your claims history and the age of your car. The overall premium for comprehensive insurance is slightly higher, but highly recommended if you are looking for complete coverage for your Lamborghini car.
Models Manufactured by Lamborghini : Which One Do You Drive?
|Brand Name||Variants||Engine CC||Mileage(kmpl)||BHP||Wt. (kgs)||Price Range(in Rs)|
|Lamborghini Aventador||S||6498||5||690.63||1575||50,100,000 to 53,700,000|
|Lamborghini Aventador||LP 700_4||6498||5||690.63||1575||50,800,000 to 54,500,000|
|Lamborghini Aventador||Roadster||6498||5||690.63||1625||56,400,000 to 60,500,000|
|Lamborghini Huracan||AVIO||5204||10.6||602.12||1422||37,100,000 to 39,700,000|
|Lamborghini Huracan||LP 580_2||5204||11.24||572.6||1389||29,900,000 to 32,000,000|
|Lamborghini Huracan||LP 610_4||5204||10.6||602.12||1422||34,300,000 to 36,800,000|
|Lamborghini Huracan||RWD SPYDER||5204||10.6||602.1||1542||34,500,000 to 37,000,000|
Lamborghini India Is Not Witnessing Any Cancellations Of Bookings
– July 6, 2020
Where the world is suffering from an economic crisis, Lamborghini India’s books have not been hit badly. According to Lamborghini India Head Sharad Agarwal, even though the sales have reduced, the Indian office has not witnessed any cancellations. While there have been requests to defer the delivery of the Italian supercars, customers are not willing to give up on bookings. The deliveries have been severely affected due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and the cars are arriving late from Italy. Mr Agarwal is happy with the order bank for Lamborghini Urus and Evo RWD, however, worries that the sales will not hit the 52 units mark this year. Last year these 52 cars were each priced at Rs 2.5 crore in the country. Lamborghini Huracan Evo RWD was launched in India in January 2020 and carries a price tag of Rs, 3.22 crore. It has a 5.2-litre naturally-aspirated V10 engine that can produce 618 PS @ 560 Nm of torque and can accelerate zero to hundred kmph in 3.3 seconds.