TeamAckoDec 6, 2023
Whether you are buying a new vehicle and driving licenses or renewing your vehicle's services, Mizoram Regional Transport Office gives all these services to the public. Mizoram RTO makes sure of your safety on the roads and checks the rules and regulations of people.
Mizoram Regional Transport Office offers various motor vehicle services across the Mizoram states. You can also get all the benefits on the online platform "Vahan Mizoram." Here are some roles and responsibilities of Mizoram RTO:
● A person can get the vehicle permits and the procedure for vehicle ownership transfer.
● You can change your address for your existing vehicles.
● If you are a resident of Mizoram, then they will grant LL and permanent DL.
● They can issue registration certificates for your vehicles.
● They can give NOCs(No Objection Certificates).
Some of the key objectives of the Mizoram RTO include:
● They issue driving licenses to the state people.
● They register new vehicles and give permits to cars.
● Mizoram Regional Transport Office promotes road safety and provides relief to the victims of road accidents.
● They also control pollution related to vehicles across the state.
There are a total of 9 operational RTO offices in Mizoram. You can search your nearby RTO locations by entering your district names or their RTO codes. Here is a list of those offices' locations and codes:
RTO Office Locations
Mizoram Regional Transport Office offers various services across the state:
● Registration Certificates for new vehicles
● Renewal certificates
● Vehicle ownership transfer
● Authorizations of your number plates
● Registration of duplicate certificates
● Add the class of your car to an application
● Applying for a learner license
● Applying for driving license
● You can apply for renewal of your DL
● Applying for a duplicate Driving license
● Applying for an address change of your existing vehicle
● You can apply for an International DP(Driving Permit)
● All India entry permit
● NOCs for all India permit
● Provides special permit
● All India permits for goods supply
● Provides driving school license
● Provides VC certificates (Vehicle Clearance)
● They provide fitness certificates
● Provides driving school license cancellation
If you are buying new vehicles, then follow these steps to register your vehicles at your nearby Mizoram Regional Transport Office:
You can download form no-20 from the RTO office of Mizoram website. You can also go to your nearby RTO office to collect the paper. Then, the owner of the new vehicle should fill out the form with the required documents:
● Owner's full name and address
● Owner's age and phone number
● Vehicles details
● Engine number and chassis number
● Seating capacity, etc.
● Owner's signature
Submit the form along with the required documents after filing out the registration form:
● Form Number - 20
● Owner's Adhaar Card and PAN card
● PUC certificates (Pollution Under Control)
● Proof of address
● 3 copies of the owner's passport-size photos
● Insurance certificates and Tax clearance certificates
You have to pay a fee for the application process that includes:
● Application process fees
● Tax fees for your vehicles
You have to take your vehicle to the Mizoram Regional Transport Office. Then, they inspect your vehicle's body, engine, safety components, etc. If they detect any issues, they may reject your application for vehicle registration.
If the RTO officer verifies that there are no issues, then you will get a registration certificate within a week. You can collect your license card from the office.
If you are applying for a driving license, then you have to follow some steps. Here are some steps below to learn more about the application process:
● Visit your nearby RTO office for form number 4, or you can download it from the official website.
● Then, fill out the forms and take the required documents.
● You have to pay the required application procedure fees.
● You have to pass the test after submitting the form.
● You will get a learner's license after passing the test.
● If your driving license is about to expire, then go to the RTO office to collect renewal forms.
● Fill out the renewal form with the required forms
● You have to pay renewal fees with your forms
● You have to give them your valid proof of your existing driving license
● Then, after all this, you will get your new driving license within a week.
● If you lost your driving license, then file FIR first.
● You can download your duplicate license form and fill it out with the required documents.
● You have to pay the fees, and then you will get your license within a week.
Before you submit a driving or vehicle license in Mizoram, make sure to know the fee structures and taxes.
● New Registration of motorcycle - Rs 300
● For renewal of motorcycle - Rs 1000
● For 3 Wheeler - Rs 600
● Driving Test - Rs 50
● Renewal of DL - Rs 200
● You have to pay a 12% tax rate for your motorcycles.
● A person has to pay a 14% tax rate for lightweight vehicles.
● You have to pay a 16% tax rate for your heavy-weight vehicles.
● Smart card - Rs 200
● Appeal under Rule - 70: Rs 3000
You can visit the official website of Mizoram's transport department.
● You can move your mouse cursor to the online service.
● Then, click on the motor vehicle option.
● Then, write your registration number and check your registration status.
You can also visit the Vahan Portal and enter your vehicle number to check your vehicle registration.
If you want to hand over your vehicle to another person, then you have to follow these steps:
● You have to make contact with your RTO officer.
● You can ask them if you are eligible for transferring vehicle ownership or not.
● If you are eligible, then fill out the application forms and submit it with required documents.
● You have to pay some fees for the application process.
● Then, the RTO officer will inspect your vehicles.
● Then, they will help you to transform your vehicle ownership to another person.
If your original Registration Certificate is lost or stolen, then you can file an FIR at the police station first. Then, you have to go to the RTO office without wasting time because of fraud and misuse of your RC book.
● Take a copy of the FIR to the RTO office
● Then, fill out the form with the required documents and a copy of the FIR.
● You have to pay some amount according to your vehicle type.
● If you have any evidence of your original RC, give them.
● Then, they will inspect it and issue a new DL for you.
Mizoram Regional Transport Office makes sure of people's safety and road safety. They will help you with new vehicle Registration to all India permits for travel. They will also help you with a learner's license to renew your driving license.
If you need any help with road safety or regulations, they will help you.
Electric Vehicles and CNG vehicles
Diplomat Corps's vehicle
The vehicles - engine capacity = not more than 50 CC
Ans: If you have a private vehicle, then the validity of your Mizoram driving license is 20 years from the date of issue. After you cross 40 years, you have to issue a driving license for 10 years.
Ans: No, there is no fee you have to pay to check your driving license status on the website.
Ans: You have to pay the road tax within 15 days from the date of purchase in Mizoram. Then, you don't have to pay the 10% of the payment fee.
Ans: Yes, you have permission to drive another state vehicle in Mizoram, but you have to pay RTO charges for the car and road tax. You also have to carry valid vehicle registration documents with you.
ABHA Card: Steps to Create & How to Download ABHA Card (Ayushman Bharat Health Account) Online
Team Acko Feb 7, 2024
Interim Budget 2024: Expected Tax Implications on Salaried Employees and Business Owners
TeamAcko Jan 24, 2024
Life Insurance for Women
TeamAcko Dec 20, 2023
What Is PHR Address In Health ID?
TeamAcko Dec 18, 2023
Discover the Differences: Family Health Insurance vs Family Floater Plan
TeamAcko Dec 18, 2023
Want to post any comments?
Upto 85% off on Car Insurance! Starting at Rs. ₹2,094*
Buy or Renew Car Insurance in 2 Minutes ⚡
Looking to insure brand new car?
Zero commissions, big savings